rejection as a parent from your adult children

George86

Re: rejection as a parent from your adult children

Postby George86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:58 am

Keep calm and nothing more. It is possible that not all expectations will come true . Our life is difficult thing and you should be ready for it. At all the best advice I have found here was the certain that if you face with this trouble you should take time out each day to consider the positive situations and good people in your life. A journal of good thoughts written down at the end of each day is a healthy habit, and a formal record is fun to re-read later. However, a more casual approach can be effective. Also you can keep a positive focus after an adult child’s rejection.

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm

you shall worry abut it a lot,but i think that it is natural when your child is shy of you, it happens sometimes. when the child is in a big company where all the children are from normal families of course he would be bullied because he is from the gay family. and that is why he would have to make someone guilty for it and fo corse he would make your guilty for it. of course i do not know it for sure but still i think that it may be the reason for it. i know that for the parents it is really very offensive but i think that you shall talk a lot with your child and convince him that he shall not be shy of his own parents.

Ford

Postby Ford » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 am

No doubts, it hurts to be rejected by your own children, but it is natural process of growing up. Psychologists call this period separation time. Parents should understand that time is needed to overcome these temporary problems. Also we should accept that children in this situation need our understanding and support.
This time is hard for them as well. We have to remember us in this age, how our parents behaved, how we wanted they behaved. We should give proper pattern of family support in difficult situations, whet it is so necessary.

Return to “Future dads”