rejection as a parent from your adult children

franky

Re: rejection as a parent from your adult children

Postby franky » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:30 am

Parents should be wiser than their children to behave themselves in a proper way in any difficulties that occur in our life and relationships so often. No doubts, it hurts to be rejected by your own children, but it is natural process of growing up. Psychologists call this period separation time. Parents should understand that time is needed to overcome these temporary problems. Also we should accept that children in this situation need our understanding and support. This time is hard for them as well. We have to remember us in this age, how our parents behaved, how we wanted they behaved. We should give proper pattern of family support in difficult situations, whet it is so necessary.

Charly

Postby Charly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Firstly, parents should expect nothing from their children. In this case children will never disappoint them. Parents should accept their children as they are, without any expectations and hopes. It is useful rule for everybody, but is necessary and initially in parents-children relationships. It is a well-known fact, that children become adults, so it is kind of strange when parents behave like it is so unpredictable surprise for them. And when you see that your child is not child any more, but adult person, let her or him be independent and decide what to do by their own. At this step you have done everything you could you can take a harvest now.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:53 am

I am sure that all parents from time to time face different problems wih their children. moreover we all know how difficult it is to be a good parent. and children usually overcame different phases and problems. what do teens only mean)))) I guess in your situation the main thing is to be firm, guy. to be parent whatever happens. Also i guess you have to talk to the kid and understand what exactly he doesn't like. if nothing helps, then just wait. with time they understand how much you made for them and the love comes back...

Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 pm

It was hard time for my parents when I decided to live separately. It was no such problem as to kick me from home to the independent life. I have made this step maybe too early. I don’t know why they were so crazy about it. They didn’t want even to talk to me. I will understand them when I will be on their place maybe.

franky

Postby franky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:01 pm

When I began to live separate from my parents it was everything all right with that. We had no quarrels. When l felt that I can live independently, I began to rent an apartment. My parents were not against it. They treated me as adult, self-confident person. I think they just respected my choice. They helped me a lot at the beginning.

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 pm

in most cases it happens when the children gain teenagerhood and they want to be cool and independent. they do not think about their parents at all, they are not interested in the thing that it may hurt them. but i think that parents should be prepared to it and do not take it too close. when you notice such things talk with you child about it. ask why he rejects you and maybe you together may change something in it. i am sure that you will solve this problem and your relations would be as good as they should be.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello Richard! I understand you r topic, but I am not sure that I do that completely. Do you mean some common things that happen from time to time among all the families in the world - or you are speaking about the rejection in gay couples. You mean the situation when adult kids reject you for being gay? I am not sure what you mean exactly - so I will try to write my thoughts on this particular case. I think that is simply impossible.. when you were raising this person since it was a kid.. It would take all your special features and life style as something normal, and would never reject you - at least for that. When adults reject their parents.. that only means that these parents made some huge, though perhaps imperceptible mistake in the past, while they were raising them.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:07 pm

i can not imagine but i think that it hurts really very much and it is not pleasant at all when you are rejected by your own child. but in my opinion it is the fault of their parents, if your child is not the person whom you wanted him to be then you did something wrong or did not do anything with him. maybe you did not pay enough time to him and that is why he is such now, or you did not notice that he may may be in a bad company now. all these things influence the child not in a good way and i think that you understand it very good. that is why you have to be prepared to it and talk a lot to your child.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Yes, I see that children grow very fast. And sometimes parents face to such a problem like rejection from his adult children. Then you feel so stressful and depressed. You can not understand what you have made wrong while growing them up. Try to analise it and maybe you will understand. Try also to talk frankly to you child and find out the problem.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:12 pm

I think good parents will have never thought about when they should reject from their adult child. I think we become parents to help and support our children until they need it. And if an adult child is ready to leave his parents and live his own life, he is welcome. We should always understand our children, help them and never reject from them.

Return to “Future dads”