rejection as a parent from your adult children

Barney40

Re: rejection as a parent from your adult children

Postby Barney40 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 am

Hi guys! A very complex topic to discuss! You should try to love their children. You should try to understand their children! It's certainly very very difficult. You just need to understand and appreciate the views of the child, that he would be able to trust you! You should try to be a friend to the child. I understand that it is very difficult, but worth a try! Adult child has the right to choose their path in life. Parents should be there to support the child. ;)

Mark27

Postby Mark27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello everybody and everyone here friends =!))I am glad to write here on this gay friendly website)) especially for me such topic is very interesting and if I face with such situation so I would do in the Peter's way, he said really good thing..I am more than agree that those who show respect usually get respect. When this is exercised in any relationship it helps to maintain peace and stability and gives hope for building a more positive relationship. If respect is shown but not reciprocated, it may be best to keep a distance until this can be accomplished if ever!!really it is good advice.

GordanoBruno

Postby GordanoBruno » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:40 am

Hi all! How's it going? What's new? A very complex topic to discuss! You should try to find a common language with children! If the respect is manifested, but you didn't reciprocate, it may be best to keep a distance...unfortunately, sometimes you can do everything you can, and other refuse. Thus there is a permanent gap in the relationship can be the best solution in respect to all involved. :mrgreen:

Newton

Postby Newton » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 pm

i think that it really happen very often when your child is already a teenager and i think that you understand what i am talking about. it is life and in my opinion you shall be ready for everything when the children are teenagers i think that they have a position of rebels and that is why they reject everything and they think that it is cool but i think that you realise that with the age they forget about it and they start thinking in the different way and everything is really very good. of course it is your choice and you shall decide it on your own but i think that it will go.

Stefan

Postby Stefan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:59 pm

well you know i do not want to think about such a bad things and i think that it is not really very pleasant thing and i hope that i would not face this problem, but i know that it happens very often and it seems that your child is well-bred and he loves you so much but so it happens that it didn't help you and you can not do anything with it and you are rejected by your own child. i think that you shall not take it close to your heart, i think that you shall be strong and then you would not have any problems, that is what i think about it. thank you very much for your attention. good luck.

DennyDe

Postby DennyDe » Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 am

That is quite challenging, Richard... and it is really surprising to me that you are talking about such kind of thigs... :? you sound like the highly experienced father, who have already been through a lot of difficulties and has a lot of troubles in the life already... you seem to be like a wise man. I would be puzzled to have the child, who is really seem to be distanced from me... not a pleasant situation, surely, but what else can you do about it?! if there is some other way out, I would like to know... kids are growing fast, faster than we think and able to notice, but it does not mean that we are able to learn how to deal with this type of the problem in advance.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri May 19, 2017 9:13 am

Good afternoon, you all, guys., I could not pass on such an interesting subject, you know... the seriousness of the post you have created is soo deep, that I literally have not that much to say straight away... on the other hand, if you are interested in the personal opinion, I will tell you this... you have to be pretty sure of the usefulness of the communication with the offended child.. it may be that he is really experiencing the hard feeling, you can not do pretty anything regarding the ongoing trouble the kid has...the time will cure everything along with the feeling of the real love..!

Emre

Postby Emre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:46 pm

it happens very often and i do not think that your orientation can be the only reason for that but of course it can be very serious reason, but i think that it also depends on how you raise your child and how you teach your child, if your child respects you and loves you then i think that you will not notice this rejection and i think that you understand what i mean, but of course sometimes it happens in different ways and you know about it and that is why you shall be ready for everything, but i do not think that you shall be angry at the child, just try to improve the situation, it would be better.

DavidSt

Postby DavidSt » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Well such situatio, I mean the rejection, can happen with any parent. The reasons may be different, but I think that the main reason of the rejection is bad parenting. If you would care about your child properly, if you'll give enough attention to your child and if you will speak to your child and be attentive to him, then, I don;t think that your child would reject you.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 am

Any kind of rejection, no matter if it's in love, your career, friends, a book proposal or anything else, is not something that should affect how happy you are. Rejection doesn't feel great and sometimes it feels unfathomable but it shouldn't be something you permit to take away happiness from your life. The reality of life is that rejection will form a part of it––there will be occasions when your job application, your date request or your ideas for change will be rejected by someone, somewhere. It is a healthy attitude to accept that rejection is a part of life and to acknowledge that what really matters is finding the way to bounce back and try again.

Return to “Future dads”