He doesn't want a child

Charly

Re: He doesn't want a child

Postby Charly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:37 pm

In any case it is better to stay. You cannot run all the time. I think everything will be ok in your present relationships. Maybe some time will pass and your partner will be ready for children. Try to understand him and give him some time to think over, to realize what he really wants in his life. You should just support him and be near him anyway.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:46 am

perhaps it is time to think about the seriousness of your relations. you know there are such kinds of people who are simply used to live with one person. and with time, even if love existed, it dissapears. it became just a routine. also i guess that the fact that he does not want to propose and have child, shows that he is not really serious and he does not want the future family, or perhaps he is not really ready yet. talk to him straight ahead and find out. although if you are afraid to lose him, well the only way out is to wait the right time, i guess.

Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:38 pm

I am really impressed by your post (( It’s a pity. I hope he will change his mind. I don’t know how to behave in such situations. You can try to talk with him, you know, explain him your point of view and your attitude to this situation. Try to express how important it is for you. Maybe he just think that you joking too.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:40 am

Hello Bred!
The situation that you got into is a very common one for all couples. and there is no single answer on that . I can give you an advice that worked for one couple that I know. Give your partner some time. Have a serious talk with him, tell him that your relations are at the stake. And make a deal that , let's say, in 6 months - he will decide - what does he want from your relations. If he will make a decision that you have different goals - that he does not want kid, then it will be wise to separate. This kind of decision comes to different people on different stages of their lives. the thing is some people are simply afraid of that - they afraid that they are going to loose their personal freedom. Perhaps you need to find some friends that do have a kid to show your partner that such a statement is not true at all!

franky

Postby franky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I had a boyfriend too and we wanted to adopt a child. Everything was so good between us. But we braked up after unsuccessful adoption process. So maybe it is good that your boyfriend don’t want to have a child yet. It is better to build strong close relationships with him firstly and then think about children.

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 pm

to my mind it is really a very big problem and it may spoil your relations. if you know that you want to have children and you do not want to waste your life on other things then i think that you have to prepare your partner to it. you have to talk a lot about it in order not to make an unpleasant surprise when you will actually say it to him. but if you have the partner and you do not want to lose him and you see that he does not want children then i think that you have to talk to him and if you see that he wont change his mind then it is better to leave him and do not have any problems.

Matthey

Postby Matthey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I think it is better to find a person who has the same dreams as you do. You will hate your boyfriend if you stay with him. You know, it will be hard to avoid the feeling that you gave up your dream in him sake. I think it will be not a pleasure for him too. He will remember that he is the reason why you don’t have a child while you really want to have one. So It is my personal opinion about this situation.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Bred, you sound hysterical, maybe you need to calm down a bit?:) Give your partner some tie to consider. Tell him that you can wait for some time of course, that you are not planning to have a baby this week. But that you would really want that in the future, in a few years, What is the haste for? You are not a woman of 45 years old, you know - you can take some more time to consider) Do not make any hasty decisions.. Have you watch the Lord of the Rings? Remeber the Treebeard? Be like him, dont be hasty)) One never makes any right decisions in the condition like you have now, and the condition is pretty bad, according to the number of smiles)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:47 am

V_Vegas wrote:sound hysterical, maybe you need to calm down a bit?:)

Regarding the age of this post, I think he did calm down already) He really sounded as a person who overreacts, indeed. Though many couples get to that situation eventually, especially young ones. I think that both parties in this case are right on some points. For example, I am 26 , I do want a child, and my 26 years old partner does not. On the one hand, I am ready for that and really willing to. On the other hand, we are still young, and there will be no tragedy if we will wait for some time, even for some years. I think that in this case the second option would be right for us both. This is a question where you should not be hasty. And there is no point for a hurry.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 pm

When you are still young, it is better to take your time, in my opinion. In the situation when toy are both young, you do want a kind and your partner does not, I would rather wait for some time then to take the situation to the extreme point. You do not need to be in a rush with this matter. Besides, if you see that you have such a difference in your desires with the partner, it is worth to take some time and see if you will still be together in a year or so. When you are older then, say, thirty, then the wish comes naturally to almost all people to have kids. If it does not come, well, then it is simply not meant to be with this particular person.

Return to “Future dads”