Will my kid be gay?

Andreas_Maroon

Will my kid be gay?

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:19 am

That's a pretty sensitive topic, I know. But I wonder of any of you had answered that question to yourself... How will you provide the sexual education to your child? Is there any kind of statistics about boys, being raised in gay couples, becoming traditional or non traditional orientation? And would you like to have the influence on that choice?We live in the society that is not completely tolerant in this matter, so making this choice would have a big influence on your child's future. Any opinions on that matter?

franky

Re: Will my kid be gay?

Postby franky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Andreas, you have started one of the most interesting topics I have read. It is really a question. I personally have never thought about it before. Is here anybody, whose parents were gays? If you ask me I will not influence on my child’s choice. I think I have understood that I am a gay without any influence. I am excited to read other's guys comments on this topic.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Franky, good to hear that) I am agree with your point of view actually. The most point of the tolerance in the society is to have a free choice for a person, without having any straight or hidden influence on that person. That is actually one of the reasons why i do not take part in gay parades - that really looks more like propaganda to me, even though those events are positioned as the "fight for the rights". When my future kid will grow up - I will try to give him the most wide education about the question of genders and sexual orientation - and I will be happy of any choice he \ she will make, while this choice will bring happiness in the life of my kid. Any other opinions?)

Garis

Postby Garis » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 pm

I think that my kid will not be a gay. I don’t know why I am so sure about it. Maybe because my parents are not gays and I am a gay, so differ from my parents. I am a gay, and according to my theory, my child will not be gay to keep this difference between two generations. I have noticed this tendency that children try to be different in some way from their parents, maybe to show their personal identity.

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:46 pm

I can't say whether my children will have homosexual orientation or not. I can say without doubts that I will suppotrt them in any case! I think the personality that is what should really matter! I'm not going to change my kids becuse the society wants it! I think it's wrong. And I'm not afraid that my children can have homosexual orientation!
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:03 am

Garis wrote: I have noticed this tendency that children try to be different in some way from their parents

Yes, you are right, dude) I suppose many young men became gay partially because of that reason - some kind of "oppression" with traditional values. I wonder if there will be the time when we will encounter the following situation - a gay couple will reprimand their kid for being heterosexual) Basically I like your approach, Garris, about keeping the difference between two generations. I would not make such a long term "plan" for myself though - but the idea is pretty good. anyway, I think it is only for the person to decide which way to go and how to build its life , regarding sexual orientation. Even parents have no right to interferer in it.

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:58 am

You child won't be obviously gay in future! But it can turn out to be so. It depends on his character, the way of living and surrounding. Also a psychological state is very important. But for me there is no difference if my child will be gay or not. For me, the most important thing is his happiness. And if he will be happy as a gay, then I'll be happy as well! I'm not going to change him!

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:39 pm

i do not know whether your kid would be a gay or not and i think that no one knows it. yes he may be a gay because he sees the example f the family and unconsciously he get used to it and for him it is normal. but the fact that you are gay does not mean that you child would be a gay as well. i do not know what it depends on but i think that everything may be but it should not be a problem for you, you will help your child with it and support him and it would be easier for him to find his own way in life. take care.

Damien

Postby Damien » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Sometimes children are different from their parents, sometimes they are not. But it doesn't mean that your child is going to be a gay. He may wnat to look like his father but only by doing the same things. I mean character traits. But if to be honest you should accept your child no matter gay he or not and you should do everything for him to feel loved and happy!

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:55 pm

My kid will have his own right to decide - and I am glad that there are so many people... 3, I think, how many answers are here to this post?)) - are agree with me. We are living in the free society - and my kid will know that there are different choices and possibilities, that are available to him in his future. I will never persuade him to take the same way that I did... this is deeply personal matter. If he will be natural - and happy - that will make me happy. Many people do not understand gays in that way.. This is not some social movement that wants to change the world by its own scheme. All we want is the right for each person to decide by itself - how to live.

Return to “Future dads”