Will my kid be gay?

Matthey

Re: Will my kid be gay?

Postby Matthey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm

This question is really important, you know, but I have never thought over this one. I have no idea whether my child will be a gay or not. I think that it is impossible to predict. It will be a surprise)) I think that my child will not be a gay. I am single and I am going to look after my child alone. It seems like a divorced father who stayed with a kid, like normal situation.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Matthey wrote: It will be a surprise))

No - the surprise will be if one day your son or daughter will come to you and say "Dad, I am accepting celibacy and moving to the St. Johns monastery in Croatia. I will write you a letter as soon as i will get there. Please, dint forget to water my flowers"))) I wonder how I would take such a announcement from my kid) Of course - it will be for the child to decide, what path it must choose in his life. I watched a video about the gay couples recently - and their parental experience. there were some of them, where boys became gays, and some of them, where the boys liked girls - as most of them do in our world) So I dont even think that is does influence the sexual orientation of the kid, if he is being raised in homo- or heterosexual family.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Paul_O wrote:I am accepting celibacy and moving to the St. Johns monastery in Croatia.

Haha, a good one, I like that) I think that in that case I would not be that tolerant) Actually I would.. Cause even that kind of a choice is good if it was made consciously. I will support my kid an any way.. Besides this thing with the monastery is not that bad really. You are right that parents sexual orientation does not determine the way the kids will grow up. that is called the tolerance and freedom, when you are not trying to compel the kid to accept your point of view as the only correct one, but instead allow the kid to see the world around him and to make his own decisions in time. That is the way I was raised, and that is the way I am going to raise my kids.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 pm

i am glad that all the people here are agree on the point, that the child will have its own right to decide, when it will grow up. That would not be right, trying to make your child to live the way you want. Your task is to show the child this world, with all of its possibilities. It is important to tell the kid what is wrong and what is right in your opinion, to show that by your won example. But also it is important to teach it to make its own decisions, and choose its own way. Even if that will cause mistakes along the way, that will be only the part of the education in the greatest school in the world, the school of Life. You can only show kid the way, but it will have to take the walk alone.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:23 pm

i think that it is very difficult question and in my opinion you do not have to expect anything. just live and wait and then yo will see. i think that it is easily seen whether your child will be a gay or not. if you see that he has something not like any other children, you know what it is like because yo are just the same. i think that for you it shall be normal if your child would be a gay. you know everything about it and you know how to help him or her. and you know as anybody else that you do not have the other choice. you can change it. he i your child and you shall respect his choice. ;) ;)

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 pm

I guess it is not a fact your child will be a gay. This result will depend not only on you, but mostly on his surrounding. I think you should not thrust your opinion on him. I think he has to do choices by himself. It is his life, not yours. So do not interfere in his life. I wish my advice is useful. Good luck you and your child.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 am

I am glad to see that most part of people here will tolerate any choice that their kid will make. It was our choice to be gays, I think, and we have no right to deprive our kids of this choice. This is what I call real tolerance. the freedom of choice. And I know that lot of modern people do not understand that. they think that if the gay couple was raising a boy, he will become gay. there is nothing more far from the truth, then this statement. I've seen enough examples that showed me the following : the boys, raised by gay couples, have no psychological difference from those ones who were raised in straight families. So, our kids can do whatever they like)

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 pm

It is rather a difficult question. If you are a gay it does not mean your child will be a gay. I think he will not. But on the whole it depends on a way in which you upbring him. And I think you should not influnce on his choice. I think it is his personal life and personal desire, he has his own preferences and they are not like yours.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm

How do you think, guys? If the kid is growing up in the gay family - will that have an influence on his future orientation? I mean - if he will communicate with straight people as well, and his parents will not tell him what to do about his own sexual orientation? I mean the psychological aspect of the upbringing in the gay family? That does concern me a little bit.. And not me only - I think that all the world is asking that question to itself. Some people do blame the gays in raising gay children - and that does affect the fertility of all the society. How do you think, are those concerns justified? If yes - then we should think on that really well, to understand, how to raise our kids.

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 pm

it is not obvious! :!: :!: according to the statistics mostly 70 percent of all kids grown up in the gay families are hetero... But sometimes they do grow gay. honestly i do not see difference in the orientation.. are you against of yours? or you just prefer to leave your kid extra problems. ;) ;) Never mind the meaning of others, do as you want it to9 do))

Return to “Future dads”