How to be ready?

Adam

How to be ready?

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Having a baby is always dificult and if to be honest a person can't be ready for everything. But still parenting is a thing that needs a lot of responsibility and work. So, how can we get ready for a baby, not only physically or materially, but psychologically as well?
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreas_Maroon

Re: How to be ready?

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:08 am

Hello Adam! I think I've seen some similar topics around here. I think that if everything else is ready - I mean, you have enough place in the house, money, stability in your life etc - the you can just go on. If you do have all that - and you are really eager to have a kid - then I dont see any reason why would not you do that! If you are not sure if you are "psychologically" ready.. Well - maybe you have some friends with kids or a baby... Visit them, communicate with a child - and try to observe your feelings - did you like to hold it on your hands, doe it irritate you? Try to change the dippers, and see what kind of feelings that will make you to have - that's an important part of being a parent as well!)

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:39 am

Practice is the best chance to get ready. Also you can watch videos or read books. Some training courses are also available for future fathers. And don't forget about parents' instinct which can make miracles. Keep calm and enjoy your baby. Also it is important to feel support on behalf of your partner. It is probably the most important thing!

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:26 pm

i think that you have to feel it with your heart. if you think about the child all the time, and you are dreaming when you can go for a walk with your child then i think that you are ready for it. of course it is normal that you are afraid of something. it is your first time and you do not know anything about children but your experience will come with the time and you would be the happiest parent in the world. talk about it with your partner and decide together whether you are ready or you should wait. good luck.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:14 pm

I think you will know when you are ready to become a father. You will have no doubts about it. Any such questions will bother you anymore. You will be sure that you want to have a child and you can care about him. You cannot make this process goes faster. You should wait a little bit. Take your time, relax and everything will happen in the right time. Take my word for it. I am a father now. You know it was not a decision this wish to have a child came to me with time. I didn’t think about it when I was younger. Time flies. When I felt that I am ready I began to work on achieving my dream. I applied for surrogacy program twice. The second one was successful.

Matthey

Postby Matthey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:44 pm

I think that it is impossible to prepare yourself for being a father. it is like a process of your mental development. I think it is not useful to make this process go faster it will give any good results. I have understood that I want to be a father not so long time ago. I have just felt that I am ready to look for a child and I really want to do it.))Maybe it is worth waiting a little bit?

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Ok, I got the point .. you are awaiting for the Universe to give you the sign, that the time had come. I am the sign! I am the hand of Fate, that is typing right now on the keyboard of Destiny the mystical signs of latin alphabet. And the signs are assembling into the call, that is whispering to you from your monitor "Do it!". Just do it! Maybe you need to watch some motivational videos? I am not sure there are any videos on this particular topic - but those ones for the power-lifters will be ok, I think) Dude, if you are ok with the time and finances - and if you feel that you want this - if your partner is agree, then there is nothing to wait for. I'm telling you - just do it.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:36 pm

If you are not sure if you should become a father, maybe you should simply reconsider that idea? I think that you cannot be ready for that "psychologically" You may have the wish to do that, and that is quite enough. If you have enough time and money of course. Maybe the real reason of your question is that you are simply not sure if you want that or no? Consult with your fiancé on that matter. In this case he may have enough confidence for both of you. That helps. And you will have to rely on his confidence for the first time. but when you will become the father, you will see that all of your fears were unjustified, and you will simply be a happy dad)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 am

V_Vegas wrote:If you are not sure if you should become a father, maybe you should simply reconsider that idea?

I think that everything might not be that radical. In my opinion, when the person wants something, but says that "still not ready for that" and hesitates, that means that this person does have some fears. And this guy needs to figure out what does he afraid of. Maybe it is the commitment, the responsibility. That happens pretty often, especially if these people used to be on their own all the time. Though you can overcome those fears.. You do have the wish to have the child, right? that means that you have the goal, and you must not allow your fears to take it away from you. I think that you can overcome this fear only by facing it - by having a child)

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: this person does have some fears

It might be. And this person goes to the psychotherapist, or simply to the guys on the forum to explain him the reasons of his fears and try to overcome them. Well that is quite clear.. And not trying to be rude, but I dont think that it is worth of a man, gay or no.. .I mean, this is a serious decision. And if you are asking yourself a question "If you are ready to this psychologically", it does seem to me that the answer is "no", obviously) Ok, I am sorry, this comes out to be a really non-motivational post, rather de-motivational) I need to have more understanding to people who are not that confident in this matter as I am.. i would really like to share my confidence with this guy some way)

Return to “Future dads”