Is it safe???

DANIEL

Is it safe???

Postby DANIEL » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:27 am

Guys, I don't know if you remember my story, and the fact that soon I will be a father... I have still a lot of time, right now - is the moment of all preparations, of shopping and so on, of quarrels - what diapers are better, ahaha, so the thing is - we decided to live the first month with parents of my partner. In other words - they insisted on this, because want to control everything, want to share with us their experience, and I think that this is great chance for us, but they live far from our agency, so I wanted to ask those, who had already such problem - is it safe to move with a child on a plane? I am so nervous to do it, I hate planes to tell the truth, and the child will be so small and fragile, but this is the fastest transport... So guys, is it safe? Or it is better to use a car?

Ben_Roar

Re: Is it safe???

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Daniel, yes, this is safe, as far as I know. What is less safe - is to live with your parents for a month) You sure you and your partner are going to handle that? A month of listening "how you should do this and how you should do that".. I moved out from my parents when I was eighteen - and I do not regret that even a bit) I did live with them after that several times, few month each, and I can say that it was an ordeal for me.. So think if you really need that) As for the plane - basically it is ok to travel with the baby - but just in case it is better to consult with the doctor that knows all the issues that your particular kid might have.

DANIEL

Postby DANIEL » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:15 pm

Thank you Ben! You know, we have such parents that if we will decide to live apart form them - they will come to help us, or the second variant - will call all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe this is the reason why I like them so much. Well, maybe on the second or third day it would be difficult for us to share the same space, but I think that we really will need their help...

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi Daniel! As for me, I would better choose the car, if you have it of course, but if the distance to your home is rather big, so the second variant would be better. Also I heard that I child must be at least one week or 10 days old. Anyway, I agree with Ben, that you have to visit doctor at first...

Miles

Postby Miles » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:06 pm

Daniel - on the third day it will bore you - on the second week you are going to howl and move to Alaska. Even if you live in Beijing=) When the kids grow adult - they are better be leaving the nest - else way the unneeded competition is taking place inside of the area.. You know - like in all those programs on the Animal Planet. Everybody do have their own territory, slippers and the magazine to read) There are situations when parents and the kids have to live not just in one house- that is still tolerable - but in one apartment.. That must be real hell) I moved from my parents when I was 22... To be honest though, they made me =)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:22 pm

i tend to agree with Miles) I do love my parents and the parents of Mike - my husband - very much - and we do see each other pretty often. But it is one thing to have the dinner together as the guests and the hosts - and quite other thing to live together all the time. We are always playing roles - not matter if we admit hat or no. When we are at our homes - we are on our territory - and we can allow ourselves to have the rest from being someone (a son, a workmate). We do have other roles to play though even here - the husband, the father. .And when there are too many roles - when there are too many different people in one place - it is hard to live trough that.

DANIEL

Postby DANIEL » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:48 am

guys, maybe you are right. we still have a lot of time to think about it, we still have possibility to change it, so we will think about it again during the last month. I agree that even good parents sometimes maybe be boring and annoying with their control and advices... But also i wanted to hear from you how you get home with your small child? What transport did you use?

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:51 am

Daniel, don't worry, really - think about plane. maybe you would say that it is easy for me to say it now, because I have already managed to go through the whole way home with a child, but I used this transport, it was very comfortable and quick. it took us nearly five hours to get home ;)

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Say, Daniel - why would not you live now with your folks?:) If they really did miss you that much) Basically - i do not see the reason why to refuse them in t their ask. One month - that is really nothing! And during that time you are goign to learn everything that you need in teh matter of taking care of the child, you are going to allow yourself to sleep alittle bit more - you are going to have another two pair of hands to handle your kid! I would not refuse that offer - not mentioning that your parents will not doubts be offended with the refusal. think of it - and do not offend your old folks - you know they want only the best for you and your family.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Vegas - do you live with your parents right now? If you are not - then ask yourself why you do not do that - and you are going to get the answer to the question that you asked) Sometimes parents try to control your life as if you still were in the school - in the same time you may have other points of view on different things.. the main thing in this case is not to live with them - then you are going to have great relations.. that is what is called "love on the distance" - a great thing when you do love the person, but you cannot stand being near this person for a long time, you know) That is the way we love each other with my parents for example)

Return to “Future dads”