Is it safe???

Ben_Roar

Re: Is it safe???

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Miles - there are people who do like to tell all the truth they do think about the person. .Though I do not know if there is the only right answer here about what should you do when you do see the drawback of the person - if you should tell it straight - and face that person to this - or if you should be polite - and not to tell that.. in each case - it is for you to decide - and it is for you to face the consequences of that decision - if they are going to be good for your relations with that person - or bad... When i do have that situation with my friends I always do think twice before doing that.

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 pm

ben, sometimes this is so hard to decide, if that is worth to tell the truth or not, i mean, there were a lot of such occasions in my life, when I thought that this would be better to stay silent and not to tell something, and finally I was balmed that I did not tell that, and contrary, when I told something, and when I was blamed for everything again, so how to behave???

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Pete - each time when you do something - or say something - you do need to know for sure what are you trying to achieve with this - and why do you want to achieve that on the first place. and then you do act as you did plan - taking all the responsibility on you.. When other people are going to blame you in anything - there is no need for you to feel the guilt - because that was something that you had the right for - that was your decision - and you did accept the consequences - whatever they might be. Pete - never allow other people to have the influence on your decisions in this direct way - you should make your own decisions.

Gregory

Postby Gregory » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:12 pm

To begin with, I advise everyone to see the wonderful film "The invention of lies." There is told a fictional story about how our society would have been if people had not been able to lie. Well and in general, I would like to learn opinion of people about lie. Do we need it? Do you often use lies or even prefer to be always honest? I wonder your attitude to the issue. I myself for a long time believed that a lie is definitely bad. However, more recently, I began to notice that in small amounts of lies, indeed, it is saving. And how are you?

JamesO

Postby JamesO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 am

Good movie, Gregory. Often we ourselves without noticing the times! Time for everyone and even myself. I do not know if it's good or bad. But one thing I know for sure is that sometimes it's better to lie than tell the truth. After all, the truth is not always sweet. We often think about who should tell the truth who does not. But most of the time for something, we are going to our dearest and dearest people. Perhaps this is due to the fact that just simply we do not want to upset our close people and have to invent various ridiculous stories that would be like the truth. And this wonderful movie on some things opens your eyes. After all, it is possible that it was indeed from the very creation of the universe when people went to visit communicating with each other and not when they did not lie. Perhaps they really did not know what and maybe. But unfortunately we do not know when it was then.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon May 01, 2017 6:33 pm

Gregory - I do lie - I confess) But the thing is why are you lying on the first place. in my case - there are several major cases, when I prefer to lie. First of all c- the communication with the clients on the work. it does happen often, that people prefer to hear lies instead of truth - and I can see that. And I would not tell them truth for two reasons. First - that is going to make them feel bad.. Ok - you are right - the bitter truth is better than sweet lies. the second reason is more serious - that is the part of the professional ethics. if the chick is going to moan about being fat (and she is) - I will have to hint that it is not so)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Wed May 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Vegas - I do not even know it i would be able to have the kind of profession that would make you to lie to people, really.. I mean - I do not think that I would have enough artistism for that first of all .Vegas - did it ever happen that you were caught on that kind of lies by some of your clients? Or they do really want to hear that lies that bad that they simply close their eyes on that? i think that I would not be able to lie about that kind of things as well - because I used to treat other people weakness as the disease that should be rather cured than caressed and cultivated. .I suppose I would be a bad bar tender)

Miles

Postby Miles » Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Ben - I did know that you are really harsh guy.. and I suppose that your daughter is going to be the same - with that kind of a father) that is not the insult, dude - rather a compliment) Though I do prefer to give people another chance in the life - in this case - another chance to become stronger... I did see that people are able to change! It is true that it does not happen with all the people - but since there is a chance - even the faintest one - why not to give that a try? It is going to fail you once, twice, ten times.. But eventually you are going to see that you did give the person another chance - and that did work!

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Ben - I was never caught on that.. Besides - how can you be caught on lies when you are just telling your opinion - even in case if you are thinking other way in the reality?:) they can not read your thoughts) Of course- many of people do say that I am lying and that it is not the way it is - when I am making compliments to these people. but in the end - they do want to hear that - so in the end they do give up.. That is a big weakness of all the people - they do like to be flattered - and they prefer to close their eyes on that even if they know that is an obvious lies. So - bartenders do thrive on that ground)

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon May 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Vegas - i am sure that you are going to agree that when you do love the person - you do flatter that person a little bit as well. And if there is a necessity to tell the "bitter truth" - you are still trying to make it a little bit sweeter than it really is, dont you? In the end - it is not only about how strongly you do love the person.. You need to mind if the person is really strong enough to handle the truth that you are about to say and sometimes you do have to face the intolerance to the truth, you have to face the worse sides of the personality of the person you do love.. So I do believe in such thing as the "lie for the good purpose".

Return to “Future dads”