Nine month of expectation

DANIEL

Re: Nine month of expectation

Postby DANIEL » Tue May 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Paul, finally you did it, I am glad for you) Was it hard? Was it interesting, or there are some boring nuances too? How do you feel, are you ready for this work, for the work of the manager already? By the way, you would work as a manager all the time right now, or this is a temporary work?

Miles

Postby Miles » Wed May 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Paul - please, receive my congratulations.. Speaking seriously - I do admire you.. Because I do remember that story from the very beginning. when you did get that promotion offer unexpectedly.. when you were thinking if you should accept it or no - and that you did accept it eventually because of the considerations of the future of your kid.. and I know that it is not the thing that you really liked - that you preferred to be the designer.. you not only made the right and tough choice - but in the end you did even manage to accept this profession with your heart! i am really glad for you)

Damien

Postby Damien » Fri May 19, 2017 2:56 am

Elija, I do understand what you’re talking about. Of course, it is really great when a person does what he likes but sometimes people have to do things they don’t like. It is really hard. I didn’t have such problems in my life, but my friend was made by the circumstances to do the work he didn’t like and it was really hard for him. As for the changes, I think everyone is afraid of them, but sometimes it is really needed!

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Damien, what was the reason of that, and how long did he stay there? Why didn't he find another job? Is he still there? I remember when I was a teenager, I tried seevral kinds of work, and not all of them were good too, but I handled them very good, and my colleagues respected me all the time. I am glad that now I have my own small business, this is that, about what I was dreaming all the time.

Miles

Postby Miles » Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Pete - as far as I recall - you do won the clothing shop, right? How does that thing go then? I mean - I know that the situation in Greece is not too favourable for the business. So I wonder if it is hard for you to make your living these days? As for me.. i never did have any kind of business - and these days I am starting to think about having one. .i know that this thought did come to me in a really bad moment actually. the thing is that when you do have the baby - it is pretty hard to start something new.. Pete - tell me - if I do want to create my own business - where should I start? I am good in IT and I know how things work in this area.

JaredJey

Postby JaredJey » Sat May 20, 2017 7:26 am

First and foremost, you need to calm down and accept the fact that all your energy and zeal must be calm! You need to be patient and wait a bit! If you have spare money you can go on a little trip. When you have a child you will be hard to travel, you will have new concerns and a huge responsibility! ;)

EddieEd

Postby EddieEd » Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Damien, you're right about the change. This is the greatest fear in life - when something changes dramatically. Even if everything changes in a good way (and it rarely happens at all), I will be desperately afraid and try to return to the past ... I am conservative to fanatics, if what is happening somehow depends on me. Naturally, I cannot change the radical changes that have occurred in some ... scale sense. I can only yearn for what was. Sometimes this trait of my character, this feature of mine, really prevents me from living. I need a smooth transition ... Of course, nothing will happen to me from drastic changes, but the negative will sit in me for a long time, until I get used to the changes. And on the other hand, radical changes somehow ... educate a person. Over time, there is already resistance to such changes ...

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Sun May 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Miles - I am thinking of my own business as well .Though I did face one problem - the lack of the knowledge,.. It was a surprise for me actually. After several years of working in the club - I did have the conviction that I do know everything about this business already- I was involved not only in the bar tending - but also in the supplies delivery, different organisational moments.. Though when i thought about making my own bar - I did understand that I do not really know where to start! Especially all the legal issues.. Because if you are bout to work legally - you do need to register all this stuff - and I do not know how.

Michael_Pe

Postby Michael_Pe » Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Oh, what an interesting topic. I also think about starting my own business. I have been thought for a long time what it could be and have come to the conclusion that I want to do hotel business. Now tourists are ready to give good money for comfort on their vacation. It seems to me that now few people are saving money on the rest. People understand, if the hotel is cheap - it has got terrible conditions. My hotels will be exclusive for men. Here is an example of such a hotel can be -https://gayweekends.com/object/bananas-berlin/. What do you think? I think that I will succeed. And later, even with my partner, I will rest myself in the room. How do you like the idea?

Daniel_Ev

Postby Daniel_Ev » Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Michael_Pe, I think that's a good idea. But how to implement it correctly? I looked at the pictures ... Indeed, the hotel is good. And the name is so interesting. Straight and beckons. What do you think to start with? Generally, to conduct a business, to have a business is cool, but it takes too much time. Are you planning to do this alone or with friends?

Return to “Future dads”