Nine month of expectation

Ben_Roar

Re: Nine month of expectation

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue May 23, 2017 7:54 pm

People - having your own business is something that not all the people would handle.. i am not speaking about you in this case of course. the thing is that if you are making the decision to go for that - it is going to take all your time. In case if you do have the kid - make sure that your partner is going to stand the fact that he is going to become the "main" parent for some time - because you are not going to have time for your family.. It is not that bad as it does sound of course - but some people are facing that as the biggest obstacle.. Some partners - husbands and wives can not stand that as well. i was lucky to have the most tolerant husband in this case)

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Ben, yes, this is really very hard, and I know a lot about that already. But you know, this is difficult when your child is too small, but when he or she is in the age of seven years already, for example, this is not so difficult, because your child is independent a little already, goes to school, has friends and interests, that take him a lot of time 8-)

JasonDlee

Postby JasonDlee » Wed May 24, 2017 10:25 am

It is really not so easy to connect business and family responsibilities. Because from one hand it is very important to provide a comfortable life for your children and from another hand, it is very important to take an active part in your child’s growing. There are many moments in life which we can’t buy. And it’s a pity that sometimes we have to miss such moments because of our job’s responsibilities. I remember those feeling when you are at work, but in the same time, all your thoughts are with your child. In such moments you understand that there are many happy and completely free moments in life that just need your attention.

Miles

Postby Miles » Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 am

Ben - well I think that Pete is right in this case.. and since I am thinking of making my own business - I should not be in haste with this.. i still do need to learn lot of things about it.. And meanwhile Shawn is going to grow up - and then i am going to have more time that I would be able to dedicate to this business thing.. During all the years that I am working I did notice one unmistakable thing : the rush does not ever lead to good results - whatever i it would be that you are speaking about... When you are creating your business as well. So I am not going to be in haste with this.

Michael_Pe

Postby Michael_Pe » Wed May 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Ben, yea are absolutely right. I'm just doing business now, while I do not have a child. I know that it will be very difficult to devote time for myself and the for my child. I just got tired of working for someone and decided to start my own business. I certainly do not know all the nuances, but I think I can do it. Moreover, I have excellent support from my lovely people. While everything is going as it should be. And if there are problems along the way, I think I will solve them. You know, this deal is more profitable than to work for example in the office and to feel yourself not good during along day.

JasonDlee

Postby JasonDlee » Thu May 25, 2017 10:11 am

I always liked those people who can connect several things. And I caught myself on thought that I can’t do that. It is really difficult for me to think only about work when I am at the office and to think about daily things when I am at home. I know that it is not good. We have to forget about our work when we come back home, but it is quite difficult for me, because my job requires too much attention and my daily things too. It is not an option to change my job now, but I have to find the way out. And how do you connect those things? Are you always completely relaxed at home after difficult working day? And what is the best way to forget about problems and to have some rest?

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu May 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Jason, sometimes forget about the problems can be very difficult. But, there is an opinion that if you forget about your problems, they will forget about you. Well, there is some sense in this. Of course, there are problems that will not be resolved by them and some effort must be made to solve them. But in general, you cannot focus on problems, this will not be better for anyone. And thoughts materialize, it means that the more you think about problems - the more you attract them to yourself. My life principle is this: everything that is not done is done for the better. I myself so live and my loved ones taught it. If to any problem that arises with you, you will approach this way, then it will be easier for you to live and problems will be solved by you as they become available.

Michael_Pe

Postby Michael_Pe » Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 am

Well, Adam, not always everything that had been done is for the better. It's just that in fact it has already been done and nothing can be fixed. You must not bring back the time. So people came up with the phrase "Everything that has been done - only for the better." We then start to drive this phrase into our heads and realize that everything becomes really much better. It's just a simple psychology. I have one friend psychologist, so he tells me a lot about how to properly behave and respond to problems. He has whole methods about matter.I always ask him some advices.

JasonDlee

Postby JasonDlee » Fri May 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Adam, I agree that it is not wise to think about some difficulties or problems all the time, but sometimes I can’t control the situation and especially my feelings. The people who know you well will always see if you have some problems or not. But of course I am trying to change my attitude towards such thing as job difficulties.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 am

Miles - sure it can not be any rush here. you do need to plan everything.. first of all - to decide what is that business going to be, what are you really good at.. You are a designer, as far as I remember - that means that you are going to create something connected to the design.. It is not going to be that easy - because that is a thing that is really popular these days - and it is going to be pretty hard with all the competition you are going to have. On the other hand - you know it all much better than I do, so if you do think that it is a good idea - you can go for it) I am sure that you are going to make it)

Return to “Future dads”