less options

DANIEL

less options

Postby DANIEL » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 am

Hello everyone here, guys! Today I have a very good mood, and the reason of it not only a lot of free time at work, but also my thoughts about my future child, about my agency, and all options that we all have today. You know, I was thinking even about the fact, what would I do, if there would be only one or two surrogate agencies, and if to have a child I needed to go to another continent, and I asked the question - would I do it? And would my partner agree to conquer that distance to get our common dream - to have a child? What do you think about it? I know that the distance nowadays is not the problem, but if your manager in the agency would tell you to move to that city and to live all nine months there? Or if you would need to go there at least once a Month, would it be convenient for you and not expensive?

Pete28

Re: less options

Postby Pete28 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:29 am

Hello Daniel! How are you today? very interesting question. Well, i am glad that nowadays there are a lot of agencies too, and you know, if I decided to have a child for example 200 - 300 years ago, when there were really less options, i would even go to Mars for it :!: If I have a dream - I would do everything to get it, and i suppose that everyone has such feeling...

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Daniel - first of all I would wonder about the reason why would I live in that city for these nine months?:) would they make me to watch for the surrogate mother? I would ask if there were any options that I could pay the agency - and they would do this instead of me - just the was as it actually works)) There are only several visits needed actually.. Pete - I think that 200 - 300 years ago - if you would be a gay with a partner - and if you would like to have the child, you would be executed.. Unless you would be the priest in the church - I think those guys did manage to do that.. but since we are speaking about making the family here - that would not be the option for you)

DANIEL

Postby DANIEL » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Ben, I was not talking about different city, but continents for example... If your surrogacy agency would be far from you, and as you understand - everything would be much more expensive, so, would you be ready to use its service than? And how long could you wait for your dream?

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Dan - if there would be no other options - of course yes. But, if there are options - why not to choose the one that allows you to spare the travelling on the other side of the planet?:) but that would not stop me of course.. A good example of what you are speaking about - are the Australian gay couples and the agency in India that they were working with.. I saw that in the context of the report about the problems they are having now - but that is not the point. the thing is that you only need several trips there - you do not need to live there for nine months - and that was what you were speaking about, if i did understand you correctly.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:01 pm

Daniel - i think that I would not actually wait for my dream - I would work on it - and i would work on it pretty hard) Speaking seriously - I would not be scared of the distances.. the modern world is a very tiny place - and you can be on the other side of the planet in no time - in a day or two.. the question is money. It all eventually comes to the money, as usual) I would not save money on such thing as having the baby, I suppose. though this is a big question - because I think that the agencies sometimes offer the additional services that are not really needed, but that is my humble opinion)

DANIEL

Postby DANIEL » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Guys, thank you for your answers. You understood me correctly, I wanted to hear your opinion about the distance, and as I see - this is not a problem for anyone ;) To realize your dream no matter what... I think that this is right, and those, who have some fears concerning it, as i am sometimes, have to struggle with them, because as I have already noticed - if you are a coward - you won't get anything :roll:

Miles

Postby Miles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Daniel - sure the distance is not a problem these days.. But the problem might be the money, that you need to cross this distance) You know - in the ancient time - when we did not have planes, cars, only horses.. People made pilgrimage on great distances , say, to hail to some kind of the sacred place. I think that having the kid is an event not less sacred and important! so if for some reason people would have to make the same kind of travels on that conditions to have the child - I think there would be many who would do that.. I would definitely be among them) If to compare those times and the modern world - it's a piece of cake)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Basically - most people here do the pilgrimage - because there are not that many people here that are passing the surrogacy program in their own countries. I was not an exception... And you guys as well - those if you who are in process already)) The flight tickets are usually the necessary thing for the surrogacy program. people are crossing the oceans for that - the report about the Australian gay couples - that were using the services of the Indian agency (that was closed recently). the distance is not the biggest problem.. the biggest problem is the law.. the laws, I mean.. And an even bigger one - is the indecision)

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Miles, you are right, and after your answer - I can say that i am glad to live now :D , not at that time. I just can't imagine those people, who used horses every day, carriages, or just their legs for travelling, and there was no normal road, no facilities...
Ben, yes, you are right, we can do nothing with laws, but anyway we all evade them)

Return to “Future dads”