will you love adopted child like your own one?

DaddyAdam

will you love adopted child like your own one?

Postby DaddyAdam » Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 pm

This is something I struggled with enormously before we adopted. I don't especially like babies. I like kids, especially teenagers who entertain me enormously, but babies I've never connected with. Was going crazy about this. Was so afraid that i will not love the child like if it was my own son. I worried about this for months. Thanks god i have my partner who cheered me up. When i saw my son for the first time - it was a miracle. I understood that it is nothing to worry about - if it is destiny - you will fall in love with that child from the very begining

Albert

Re: will you love adopted child like your own one?

Postby Albert » Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Lots of adoptive parents look for connections to the child they adopted. I understand the need. What I don’t understand is the callous disregard for your child’s biological parents. I do believe that there are ways to convey how much we love our children. I tell mine all the time that they are the lights of my life, that I am honored to be their father, that I love them more than I want my next breath. But I steer clear of the supernatural, divine intervention brought us together language. What brought us together was a bureaucrat in China sitting at a desk matching up parents’ dossiers and orphans’ files. Nothing magical about that. Do not think about that too much. Stay calm.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sat May 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Well,you have come to a right place to ask about it all-I'm doing that already. 8-) I know for some people it's almost impossible to even think about the adoption-they just can't imagine having a child in their family,who won't be biologically tied to him or his partner,you know what I'm saying? 8-) That's just the wasy life is-we just can't be the same and all that.But if you ask me-I'm perfectly alright with that and so is my partner.That's why two years ago we've decided to adopt a little girl called Caroline-and now we all are a big and happy family,you dig? 8-) ;) :)

Tom

Postby Tom » Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am

Hi everybody. I personally think, that it is very important question. I think a person can say whatever they want. Love is a word but the feeling and emotion is something that grows. I can honestly say that I try to love all people and respect them as I would want to be respected but I cannot say that I will have the deep inner emotion. I don't think this is really an adoption issue. I think this question could be asked of all parents. I don't think everyone can love an adopted child, I don't think every bio parent is able to love their bio child either, as I don't think all people are capable of loving all people. Our love depend on us, and only we decided whom we love.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Yes I will-no,wait,I'm already doing that for like two years,you know what I'm saying,mother f*cker? :P :lol: 8-) :x I mean,can you please tell me what the f*ck is the difference between the adopted child and your own?I mean if you've decid3ed to have it all that way-or you just don't have no other option and all that,what then? 8-) :P :twisted: There are plenty of kids who are waiting for their fathers to come and take them home-so why it can't be you for God's sake? :x We've adopted our little girl some two years ago-and it's the most wonderful and happy day in my life along with the day I've met my partner,you know what I'm saying? 8-) :P :twisted: :mrgreen:

Lorry

Postby Lorry » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:56 am

Actually, arranged marriages are often very successful because the parties go into it knowing that it will require work and good communication to make it work. I just know that I do love my child unconditionally.I think a person can say whatever they want. Love is a word but the feeling and emotion is something that grows. I can honestly say that I try to love all people and respect them as I would want to be respected but I cannot say that I will have the deep inner emotion. I don't think this is really an adoption issue. I think this question could be asked of all parents. I don't think everyone can love an adopted child, I don't think every bio parent is able to love their bio child either, as I don't think all people are capable of loving all people.

Michal

Postby Michal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:50 pm

If you really want to ask me something like that-I'll tell you that I would love that child and it doesn't really matter if it's adopted or born or something like that,you know what I'm saying? ;) 8-) I 'll tell you more than that-if I ever will consider having a baby for myself I will probably look at only this way to have a child,you know,I will adopt a baby,I don't want to go all that way of surrogacy ,you dig?For me it definitely would be the definite way to do it all like my way and all that,you know? 8-) But to be sincere,I'm not even sure that day will come in my life,you know? 8-) :geek:
I'M NOT GAY, BUT 20$ IS 20$ :mrgreen:

Peter Parker

Postby Peter Parker » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 am

Say you were “meant” to be their parent.Lots of adoptive parents look for connections to the child they adopted. I understand the need. What I don’t understand is the callous disregard for your child’s biological parents. If you were “meant” to be their father , then why was she born to someone else? Was this just some crazy plan by God to make some poor woman in Guatemala or Korea or Kansas miserable so you could be happy?I do believe that there are ways to convey how much we love our children. I tell mine all the time that they are the lights of my life, that I am honored to be their father, that I love them more than I want my next breath. But I steer clear of the supernatural, divine intervention brought us together language. W

Steven Tyler

Postby Steven Tyler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:45 am

Think of your child as your adopted child.He is your child. Period. Every kid, no matter how he arrived in your family, is your child. Adopted children deserve to have the adjective dropped. A few of them may have issues that are directly connected to the fact they were adopted, but most won’t. Everyone will fare much better once you get over trying to pin every bump on the development road on adoption. Hyperactive toddlers, defiant teenagers, kids who struggle to learn to read — not every issue is an adoption issue and you’ll turn things around faster if you don’t automatically assume it is.

Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Think adoption has a return policy.Raising kids — biological or adopted — is the hardest job you’ll ever have. When you give birth to your child, the assumption is that you will love her and deal with whatever health and developmental issues she has. It’s like that thing they say in preschool when they pass out the different colored crayons: “You get what you get and you don’t get upset.”The same assumption should be true in families who adopt. Yet, there is something called a disrupted adoption that makes me kind of queasy. This is when a family gets a kid it can’t handle and works through back channels— generally online — to get another family to take the child off their hands. The polite company name for it is rehoming.

Return to “Adoption”