if you are single

Tomy

Re: if you are single

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I am lucky one, I have a boyfriend) But still I think it is really good opportunity for all single man to become a father. Moreover I totally agree that it is also better for a child who needs to be adopted and to have a good family, full of single-parent anyway. it is awful that some children don't have a good family. I hope adoption will be easier soon.

franky

Postby franky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:39 pm

I am a single man, who wants to have child. I think that there are any doubts that a single man can be as good family for a child as a married couple. I see any disadvantages in single parenting. I am sure that I can be a good father. I am ready for a family. I know how to behave with children and little babies. I know that a lot of agencies nowadays help single man to become a father and I really appreciate their attitude for this important problem. I think it is a new big step to the future development of parenting opportunities for LGBT. I believe that I fill be a good example of a single parent. My child will never feel like he or she has not good family.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:39 pm

It takes alot to be a single dad. I know only one person who was, but he was not gay. And when you are - that is twice more difficult in the modern society. You will start to understand that especially when the kid will be a teenager - there will be lot of questions asked to you , sometimes which will put you in the corner and you will not know what to say. One needs to be a very strong man to be a single dad. I am not sure if I would handle that task, honestly. I think it would be good to make a discussion board here especially for such people. If there are single gay dads here - guys, I really do admire you) But honestly - I would not want to "wear your shoes"))

Garis

Postby Garis » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:28 pm

I have an acquaintance, which is single and has adopted a child. They are really great family. Personally, I don’t see a big difference between single parent family and divorced parents, when child lives with one of them. Moreover in case of diverse your child’s suffers greatly. However he grows in a single parent family such stress will not occur. And who knows , maybe single parent will not be single in a short time))

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:29 pm

I do not think that it really matters for the kid - if the parent loves him and can provide with everything necessary for living and education. Of course, it takes two to tango - and two parents better then one - at least if those are happy couple. But when the parent is single - at least there will be no one to get divorce with)) That is a big plus. So in my opinion there is no problem in being a single parent. But you need to be strong enough - and have your time arranged that way - to give the kid enough love and attention, and make your living in the same time. In our modern world that is not so easy. I hope that I will not be a single parent - but if it will come to that - I will take the challenge.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 pm

One needs to be prepared for difficulties in that case. Though it is not impossible of course. The hardest part here would be, of course, to obtain the agreement for the adoption. You understand that an adoption by the single male looks really unusual right now. Putting away suspicions and prejudices - the question remains - if this single dad is able to support the kid financially - and if so - will he have enough time apart from the work to raise the kid. Not many people can brag about having both of those opportunities at only. And one cannot have the kid without either time or money to do that. So this is a pretty difficult task to perform.

Robb

Postby Robb » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:43 pm

if you are single it would be much easier for you to get the child. i know a lot of countries gay couples adoption is not allowed. i know a lot of people who do not get married and do not show their relations in the adoption agencies . they just behave as they are single parents and want to have the child. and think that it really works. but it may be a bit problematic. workers from the asylums come every month in order to check whether the child is treated well. and they may take the child back is they notice the child lives in a gay family.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I have applied for the surrogacy program as a single parent. We are not married with my boyfriend. So it works. Our son is 6 months now. Everything has been alright till that time. I think it will be alright in the future as well. I think, it is important to find a good agency. And then you will know what to do next.

Matthey

Postby Matthey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:42 pm

I have applied for the surrogacy program as a single parent, but unfortunately it failed. I am going to apply one more time. I think that it is wonderful that a lot of surrogacy agencies provide their service for the single parents as well as for the couples. I see any great difference between usual parents and a single parent. I think I can become as good father for a child as a married man.

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:40 pm

I think there is nothing bad to be a single father. Of course it'll be difficult but think about the fact that in comparison with the destiny of your child being a single father doesn't scare much. Just try to relax, make a deep breath and understand that you're a father. To love children is much easier than you can think. Also, you will need some support. Here your relatives and friends can help you. But also your child can help you. He'll be grateful to you for adopting him and will do everything to make your life easier. Even if you have problems, you'll cope with then. Love is the only thing which can always help to solve all the problems in this world!

Return to “Adoption”