how to bond with your adopted child

Ben_Roar

Re: how to bond with your adopted child

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm

If you are adopting a baby - you will never experience any problems with baby's acceptance. It dies not feel the difference between different people - only concern is if that person brings the kid comfort - or discomfort. And the new smell, new hands that hold the baby - it will all be taken for granted very fast. If you adopt a kid in an older age - that is much more difficult already. The child already has the memories, some good and bad experiences - and most of all - it does have its opinion , if it should trust new people - or no. That is why it is really difficult to find the common language with the kids, who were raised in families where the violence was practised.

Easton

Postby Easton » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:06 pm

i do not even know because i do not have any experience in it. it is very difficult to find a way to communicate with him as with your child. if you are talking about teenager then i think that it would be really stressful for both of you and you have to have a lot of patience. but if you show the child that you are not bad and you do not want to hurt him then i think that you will not have any problems. just be yourself and try to be friends with your child. of course you have to be strict because without it the child will rule you but still be sometimes lenient and let your child be the child.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes, I agree that bondong with your adopted child is always not so difficult as many people think. Of course it depends on child's character and age. But if you will confident, cheerful and generous person, your child will feel it and there must not be any problems bonding with him. He will be grateful for your attention.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:15 pm

On the whole bonding with your adopted child is very easy. Of course it depends on child's age and charachter. But usually such children are grateful, because they are adopted. They realize they will live and feel better with parents than alone. I wish more children are adopted, so that they have their own families and always stay happy.

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:03 pm

it depends on the age of a kid, i guess... it is difficult anyway.. but if a kid is still a baby - then it is not so difficult.. if not - then it is... I guess you have to make him or her feel comfortable and cared about. when a kid feels love and family wormth is half healed from past mistakes :D Be beside him all the time and make him happy. that is the main

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:37 pm

I think of course, bonding with your adopted child is very easy, you see ;) ;) :( If you treat him in a good way, then there will be no problems, I am sure :roll: :!: :!: The main thing is to love him, you should show that your child is very important for you and you have to behave in such way so that yur child can trust you and share any problems ;) ;) :o

JohnBrown

Postby JohnBrown » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 pm

If you decide to adopt a child, you can be proudly considered a HUMAN. But you should also remember that adoption a child can cause some difficulties in communicating and understanding of a kid. Bonding may be a slow process for both of you, but with the help of tips below, it will become much easier. So, the first and the main rule - Talk, talk, talk, explain everything, pause so he can answer. Chatting will also help him feel included and worthy of your attention.Get your kid involved by giving him fun tasks, like making funny faces when you’re bathing or playing games with him while you make dinner. Starting a few traditions is also a good variant of bonding.

Williams

Postby Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 pm

just try to show him that you love him and he will always love you i response. you just do not have to worry about it and everything like that. if you would concentrate that the child would spoil your relations and someone would be jealous and everything like then i think that he would definitely spoil your relations. but if you would not worry about it and make yourself think that he is your child and he brings only happiness in your life then you would have only stronger feelings. i wish you good luck and i really hope that you would be happy together. that is it. it is not a problem

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Personally I think that it is not so difficult to bond with your adopted child ;) :) 8-) Of cource it depends on your child's health, charachter, habbits and other important factors. But as usual, such children are happy to have parents and a new family, they are grateful that you have accepted him to your family, you ssee :o :shock: :? ;) :!:

Fatherbest

Postby Fatherbest » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:29 pm

If you live in a culture that values privacy and personal space (e.g., modern western cultures), give them a personal space to spend time in, and respect that space as theirs. Knock on the door before entering, and, no matter how much you may dislike it, allow them to decorate and paint (or help them paint) the room so that it is their own space. They need to feel that the new home is their own and that they can feel comfortable staying there. Howbeit this may not be practical if they must share rooms with others, as not every family is able to afford each family member his or her own space, especially in developing countries. It is more important to emphasize mutual love and respect for all members of the household.

Return to “Adoption”