What agency to choose?

Paul_O

Re: What agency to choose?

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:I can share my own experience in this area

That is forbidden by the agency policy , as I know? Oh, you mean that you met her after you passed the program and achieved positive result, I mean, you met her non - formal. then it is ok I suppose. On the other hand, I wonder how did you obtain her address, and why did you do that on the first hand. Was it of pure curiosity? I would not want to meet the surrogate mother of my future kid. I cannot even name the reason, because I do not understand it clearly myself.. that is your choice, though) I think that I will be thankful to this person in the end, if all goes well.. but I will not have the urge to look into her eyes... that must sound really weird)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Paul_O wrote:That is forbidden by the agency policy , as I know?

Yes, you are right. And it is forbidden for your own good, just for you to know. But we (me and my fiance) wanted to meet the woman who had such a crucial part in the life of our daughter. We did not take Susan on the meeting, though. We wanted to know what kind of person was this surrogate mother. And I am not going to tell you how we obtained her contacts. It was not illegal, of course. But I dont want to cast a shadow on some people, and I will not tell you more then that. We did this of pure curiosity, basically, we did not try to prove anything or to solve some mystery or rumour about surrogate mothers. We had the conversation several times, I dont know if we will have any more though.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: And I am not going to tell you how we obtained her contacts.

I think it is good that there are some gay parents, who communicated with the surrogate mothers. I feel a little bit more confident, when I do know, what does happen on the "other side of the curtain". Anyway, the agency that I am going to use does not encourage contacts between the mother and the parents. I know that they are doing that for pretty selfish reason of their corporate interests, but it is ok with me. the main thing that does concern me is to achieve the positive result. And I am sure that the agency does know better how to harness the whims of the surrogate mothers they are working with... I must confess, I am not strong in persuasion)

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:57 am

Ben_Roar wrote: But I dont want to cast a shadow on some people

It is an interesting experience, Ben. I would not mind to speak with a surrogate mother, though I dont think I do feel the same urge for that as you did. It is good that you dont want to cast the shadow, as you say.. But I think that it is worth to tell about the things that may be not that good about the agencies. I am agree that in Pauls's story, for example, it was not the fault of the agency. But I think that in most cases people have to know, what possible flaws there may be in the schemes of their business. We are on one side with you, right?:) I hope that it took big efforts from you to obtain that information.. Cause if it would be easy for you - that would be easy for less benign people.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Guys, you can congratulate me. We had our first consultation with the Biodads agency a few days ago - and we are starting the program in a month! I am so exited)) So I did answer for myself to the question asked by the name of this topic - what agency to choose. I think that I've made the right choice. I read enough about it to be sure that I am doing right. Though it was not an easy decision, we did not know what one to choose - there were 2 of the agencies that do have pretty much the same level of the reputation. But we liked the consultation in Biodads more. they seemed to be more professional, at least in regards of giving the information to their clients. Besides, they did react faster to our emails.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Yes, I agree that one of the most important moment of having a child is to find a right adopting or surrogacy agency. Personally I and my husband decided to adopt a child. We had some problems and dificulties, but we managed to do this. The only useful advice I can give is to hire a lawyer. So this proccess will become easier for you.

Damien

Postby Damien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:00 pm

For me surrogacy motherhood is better than adoption as you have a link with your baby. My friends went through this process and as the result they have a very nice boy who is so sweet and wonderful, that I and my partner also started to think about the surrogacy program. My friends were helped by the agency "BioDads". And I must say that everything satisfied them, starting with the price and finishing with the service. So, we also think about this agency as the way to have a baby!

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Damien wrote:For me surrogacy motherhood is better than adoption

Yes, for you perhaps. But I think that we cannot say, that it is better then adoption in any occasion, generally. there are different life situations, different couples and different people. How terrible would be the world, where the institution of the adoption would cease to exist. How many kids would be left without families. I know , that surrogacy is a better option for me as well - that is so. But I do feel alittle bit shame, that I am not adopting the kid. I will not allow that feeling to change my decision, though. I admire the people who are adopting kids, and I am very thankful to them!

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:48 pm

you can congratulate me , guys! Me and my fiancé! We are so EXCITED right now! We had the free consultation with the Biodads agency, and now we are preparing for the program. The next week we are going to choose the egg donor. We do not know the details yet, but we do feel the excitement about this upcoming procedure. At last we stopped just staring at the way we want to take - and started to walk actually) I will share the details with you when there will be any, and for now I just want to say that I am excited, and that it is great that I am on this forum. Without you I would not be ready yet for the change in my life)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:you can congratulate me , guys!

My congratulations, guys! You have a really interesting time ahead... It will be pretty hard for you to wait, trust me! But in the same time , these will be wonderful 9 months! You will remember those with nostalgia - when everything is still ahead) I wish I could go trough all that once again, but we decided to have the second kid trough the adoption, as you know. You will think about how you are going to name the baby, you will choose clothes, you will plan the first years of his life - and even build plans for more remote future. You will be daydreaming - and that is why this time is wonderful) I am really happy for you, guys)

Return to “Surrogacy”