Threat of international surrogacy

Idolman

Threat of international surrogacy

Postby Idolman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:35 am

I am very interested in surrogacy procedure as future father. Now I am searching for options, want to see all possible pros and cons of the situation. I know that it is impossible to predict everything what can happen but still i prefer to be ready for all possible results. Of course, I want to prepare myself for some unpleasant situations. because in stressful situation it is not always possible to find good solution, when you are bewildered you can take some kind of strange decisions and it is normal it is human's reaction to the stressful situation. So, to avoid it I want to ask about possible threats of international surrogacy.
It is obvious that not always it is possible to perform the program localy because of the list of reasons. First reason it is usually law issues and the second one is price. i don't know why but abroad it is always cheaper. And I wonder why it is so cheap if to compare with programs in the USA for example.... what are underwater rocks of international surrogacy??? :? :?: :!:
And of course what pluses do you see? ;)

V_Vegas

Re: Threat of international surrogacy

Postby V_Vegas » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:37 pm

The world today is not the world we had even 60 years ago. the borders between the countries are not on the lock , and people are free to travel and make their business almost in any country of the world. And it is the same with marriage, creating the family, adoption.. and the surrogacy. There were already several topics around here that discussed the problems connected with the passing of the surrogacy program abroad. The biggest questions (except the financial one) are the following : the citizenship of the child and the legibility of the gay parental rights and the gay marriages in both countries of your origin, and the country where the program will take place. In both cases it is pretty complicated, and what is even worse, the laws change constantly. that is why it is better to have a good lawyer with the experience in such cases.

Alan

Postby Alan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Hey, dude! I am a future father as well, and I can't answer on your question, as experienced father, that's why my answer can't be so useful, and effective for you, but anyway, I want to help you in some extent, because all your questions worry me much as you. The first thing I can say for sure that you should go to an agency of surrogacy motherhood, because, if you do everything independently, then you are going through all difficulties on your own, for example - discussions over cost, escrow accounts, doctors, lawyers and scheduling appointments. Such things can be very overwhelming processes, that's why, if you wanna save your nervous system for some time, then try to choose a good surrogacy agency which will help you to solve all possible problems. Agency will help to manage the process and handle the details, will allow the Intended Parents and the Surrogate Mother to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. But first of all, dude, you should be emotionally ready for this procedure, because in the process many intended parents experience doubts, many fear that the surrogate will want to keep the baby or will want to intrude or interfere with your family. It will be good for you to find certain surrogacy agency, or clinic, and then make conclusions about it.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 am

you need to consult with several agencies, I think. First of all you need to gather the info about this, and not to be afraid to request the information from the agencies you are consulting with. Ask them, can there be any kind of problems, if you are the citizen of the country A and you want to pass trough the surrogacy program in the country B. Those are the questions you really must ask. And get a complete answer. They do have the lawyers who know these things and all the details about the laws. It is better to choose agencies who have good recommendations, of ,course, like the Biodads for example, or some other, that already has good reputation.

GodSon

Postby GodSon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:25 am

I as a father of two I recommend you to gather information about centers which you consider the best for yourself. Majority of centers provide free initial consultation, so you will be able to ask questions you are interested in and receive answers from personal manager. We did it like this: made a list of agencies with acceptable prices/location/conditions for us, made a list of questions we wanted to ask, called each of these agencies, wrote answers for these questions, according to the answers chose a couple of the best agencies, consulted with each of them one more time, more deeply asked about all conditions and aspects and finally took a decision. The agency we chose was the best for us according to our criteria, we conducted both our programs there, both of them were successfull.

Idolman

Postby Idolman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:45 am

You are father of two, it is great, my congratulations. Glad you are here for sharing your experience, being a father of two brought a lot of experience for you :D
For how long did you gather information and when decisive moment came when you tell yourself that it was the one you are searching for? :idea:

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:08 pm

GodSon wrote:I as a father of two

Hello, happy father of two) You gave the same advices here, that anyone would give actually) So maybe you would share your own experience with us? Did you got 2 kids in one pack, so to say, I mean were they twins? And in what country did you passed trough the surrogacy program? I mean, we all are here to obtain that kind of information from the people who already had some practical experience on this matter, not just someone who read lots of the stuff in the net) By the way, a question came up to me while I was typing this : is it possible to have siblings, I mean, to plan that beforehand? That would be quite convenient, cause I think that the cost of the program would not be increased badly in that case)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:14 pm

It is nice to see the father of two kids here) Speaking about the topic. Before we started the program (and we did that not in my country), we had 2 consultations with the lawyers. First one in UK, where we live, me and my husband, and the second one in the country, where we passed the program. Only after all the background checks we decided that this will be a worthy combination of countries, so to say. We figured out, that we will not going to have any problems neither with the parental rights legislation, nor with the citizenship of our daughter. So if you want to deal with all the underwater rocks beforehand - do not save on a good lawyer help!

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:we had 2 consultations with the lawyers.

That was pretty cunning of you, but I think that the agencies have all that errands arranged beforehand, at least for the country they are working in, the Biodads at least.. you were using their services, if I am not mistaken?:) Did you decide to be sure on 110% and made your own research and consultations? Well, it is better to be safe then sorry, I know that) Though I think that I will trust the agency on this matter.. This is their job that I am paying them for, in the end. and I am sure that they are interested in the positive results of the program as much as they clients. Besides, i have a friend lawyer here in my country, so just in case, we may have a consultation for free)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:23 pm

I do understand the concern with the price of the program. It does vary, depending on the country. But basically during the last years the prices tend to raise. They are still vary much even in Europe, depending on the country. In some countries, such as Netherlands and Belgium, only the altruistic surrogacy is allowed, while commercial one is forbidden. Surrogacy is totally banned in Sweden, Germany and France. What this mean is that the surrogate mother has all the parental rights for the child that she gave birth to, even if she is not related to the child genetically. Ukrainian legislation is more liberal. But future parents may encounter problems after return to their own country with the child.

Return to “Surrogacy”