Threat of international surrogacy

Paul_O

Re: Threat of international surrogacy

Postby Paul_O » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Surrogacy is totally banned in Sweden

Is that really so? I wonder, how did my friends plan to get the kid then.. they were working with the Sweden agency.. I suppose the agency had some kind of the arrangement with the surrogate mother, and in the end she must have been persuaded to refuse of the child. It all sounds pretty nasty indeed... This is what it takes for us to achieve our goals. I wonder, if it would be easier, if the laws would allow that. I think if that is going to happen, the status of the "surrogate mother" will become something that people will start to despise. Especially the people of the older generation.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:01 am

Paul_O wrote: how did my friends plan to get the kid then.

there are always the ways to get passed the laws without violating them. I know the approximate scheme, how did the agency managed to fulfil our contract without violating the laws. but I think that I will not speak of that much. If you are interested, just contact Biodads yourself. You will see that everything is pretty much sophisticated, and, what is most important, completely legal. That was very important for me and my partner, because we did not want getting involved in anything iffy. Surrogacy is totally banned not only in Sweden, my friend, but in several other european countries. That is why the agencies thrive these days.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: Surrogacy is totally banned

that is not really surprising, isnt it? imagine yourself, how would that sound - delivering babies for money? I really doubt that it will be legalized any time soon. It is too early to speak about that, when even such things as euthanasia and abortions still do represent unsolved moral and ethical problems for the society, since the beginning of the XX century. And the surrogacy is an even more serious question. I think that it will become more and more popular in the coming years, even despite the laws. Ben said it with , that there always be the ways to avoid the laws without violating them. Right now we are looking at the very birth of this business, and I think it will develop vastly during the upcoming decade.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm

It is rather a difficult question for ordinary people. I even do not lnow what I can advise. I think you should better hire a lawyer. Maybe you will spend some money, but you will recieve a lot of advice, become confident and will know what to do, find out some information about international surrogacy. In conclusion I would like to wish you have wonderful children.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Paul_O wrote:Right now we are looking at the very birth of this business, and I think it will develop vastly during the upcoming decade.

I am sure that is so. So if anyone of you, guys, wants to make business and do have balls and money for that, you can start trying yoursdelf in this area) I am not a businessman type though... And I think there are too many companies on the market already. How many agencies are there in Europe, for example, does anyone know? I think that soon this business will become popular enough , and that will force the governments to change the laws. It will be the same thing as it was with the abortions in France and other European countries in the first part of XX century. Since they were forbidden officially - there were many underground clinics and private practices.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

V_Vegas wrote: How many agencies are there in Europe, for example,

there are three major ones, and more then 10 new agencies, that still did not get their share of the market. Usually you cannot speak about the exact location of the agency - they do have departments on different parts of the world. And it is not necessary for you to go to the headquarters to arrange your business with them. This business is on the stage of its birth, I am agree. and I am sure it will change together with the changing of the technology and the law base of different countries. Soon we will see a real boom of the surrogacy, or at least of the artificial insemination, since that is the way to be sure your kid will be free of the genetic diseases.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

I do know 2 agencies in GB, where I live. But we did not use their services for several reasons. Speaking again about the name of the topic. There are many threats and obstacles, whichever way you would go. It all depends on you, how stubborn and persistent are you going to be - and how strongly you want to achieve your goal. You not need to be afraid. Fear will only reduce your confidence in success. I had my doubts before we started, but after each step - I was becoming more and more confident, and in the end we did achieve our goal. So take yourself in your hands, and go ahead, it is definitely worth of it)

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:02 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote:How many agencies are there in Europe, for example,

Spain does have at least five working agencies. There were 7 of them in the beginning of 2000's, but two were closed. One of them was closed with a big scandal, actually. It was about manipulating the genetic material. That lead to the mistake in someone's surrogacy program - and the couple had the baby that was not genetically related to them. I do not remember if that was a mistake, or if that was done on purpose, but the fact is that this agency was deprived of its license and closed. After that the government started to be more vigilant about the surrogacy business. Serve them well, I think - I bet the quality of the services increased since then!

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:47 pm

I congratulate yoy that soon you will become a father and have a wonderful child ;) ;) :) :shock: :? Of course, the process of adoption is not very easy and you may have some difficult while it :!: :!: :( :( But it is life, everything is not so easy. I wish you manage to adopt a child :) :) ;) I am sure you will become a nice father and will love your child.

Archer

Postby Archer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Very often the international surrogacy threatens the citizenship.. If I am not mistaken, and that is possible, the child, born in another country from the citizenship of his or her parents will be of the same background as her or his parents. cause you are those who are to be his her fathers. and the kid would get the back ground of fathers. ;) ;)

Return to “Surrogacy”