Threat of international surrogacy

Ben_Roar

Re: Threat of international surrogacy

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:36 pm

V_Vegas wrote:One of them was closed with a big scandal, actually. It was about manipulating the genetic material.

I know that that happened a lot of times, while this branch of medicine was still young. Now everything is much better - the technologies improved, and today such occasions can only be the exceptions rather then the rule. I would not worry about such things . On the other hand - many new problems appeared, most part of them are connected to the laws. It is funny - the technology does develop much faster, then the human morals... Our society can not change fast enough to accept all the changes that the new technology brings in our lives. It is really interesting to observe this process, and to wonder - what is coming next.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:the technology does develop much faster, then the human morals...

that is so inn many areas - the genetic engineering, the surrogate programs, the prosthetics. the society have to adapt to new factors. But the thing is that the technologies appear much faster, then the generations are changing. that is why we do have the divide in the society on the people who do like the changes - and those who dislike them. It was always this way, but the process had been going with a lesser speed. I am always standing for the changes.. Because I think that there is an idea to change something old for something new - there is a reason for it.. The perpetual change is the only law of nature) Besides, that is because I am young)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Guys , stop being the philosophers) I am looking on the name of the topic - and I cannot understand, how did you get so far from it?:)) anyway - the best change that I would like to see in the future - is some liberalization of the surrogacy laws.. that would make the lives of LGBT couples so much easier! On the other hand - perhaps that would make the agencies to have less money.. Because I am sure that in the case it would happen - gays would find their own way to have the agreements with the surrogate mothers without the intermediates.. I am not the fan of conspiracy theories - but I think the agencies do benefit from all these restrictions.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: but I think the agencies do benefit from all these restrictions.

they do not) I doubt, that if the restrictions will be taken away - that is going to have a bad influence on the agencies. and I doubt that there will be the time when LGBT people will start to make private arrangements with the surrogate mothers.. we are really far from it! Anyway - i wanted to share some news with you - we made another step to the dream, we chose the egg donor for our future kid - and the surrogate mother for us is already available. So they started the procedure of preparation for the embryo implantation... That is going to happen in a month or so. We are monitoring the process - and the manager already asked us not to call him 3 times a day)

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Paul_O wrote:and the manager already asked us not to call him 3 times a day)

that means you already did something of that kind - or he asked you because he had such experience? Well, I cannot be sure that I would not act like that in your situation.. When I will get to that situation - we will see) By the way - I figured out recently that future parent can choose the gender of the child! I mean - if it is about the artificial insemination and the surrogacy.. So , despite all the minuses - there are some benefits in having the child trough the surrogacy, eventually) It is nice to know that not all is that bad. I would love my kid anyway, of course, despite the gender. But lets be honest - we all do have the preferences in the gender.. I want a boy - and I am not afraid to speak about that)

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:11 pm

V_Vegas wrote:that means you already did something of that kind - or he asked you because he had such experience?

That is the thing the manager did experience himself for many times already, trust me) when we were in the process, sop to say, I was pretty calm, at least on the outside.. that is just in my nature. My husband Mike though was really far from that) H e was that "annoying guy who was calling for 10 times a day")) So do not be surprised with this ask of your manager, dude)) and please - keep it up to that ask - because you can imagine that his job involves lot of stress even without your calls) I do not mean that you should not call him at all - but that you must keep yourself in some bounds, you know)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:- but that you must keep yourself in some bounds, you know)

We are actually trying to f behave that way) My husbands behaviour changed somehow - he become more dispelled, started to forget things. .i start to worry about him - because he has to drive alot due to his work... So I did have a talk to him - he told me that he is simply really worried about the program. I see that I will have to be his personal psychologist and the psychotherapist at the same time - for the period of the program) That is ok of course - those things arethe duties and the commitment of the partner and the husband. I feel the excitement as well - but seem s that he does feel it twice as me..

Williams

Postby Williams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:22 pm

well i do not know if for sure because i have not experienced it. i do not really think that it is a good idea. i think that you shall choose the surrogacy in your country because it would be really more comfortable for you to do it. first of all it would be very hard for the child to change the place of living and even get used to the other country and even language. i think that it would not be very comfortable for you as well. you would just have a lot of problems with documents and it would be really very expensive to do it. of course if you do not have the other way out then you shall just do it. it is your choice. :D

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:32 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: he become more dispelled, started to forget things.

Keep an eye on him there) We decided that we do have to distract ourselves alittle bit form the topic of the program - since we can not do anything to make it go faster. My husband had a suggestion to make a trip somewhere - I do not know yet about this though - i was thinking about earning some extra money in order to make some renovations in the house before the baby will be here - after that we will have enough worries to think about. So, we shall see. Anyway it is better to be distracted from the thoughts of the program.. when you are a kid - and it is the Christmas eve, it seems that the morning will never come, you know)

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Oh, it is so nice that you are going to become a parent and want to adopt a child ;) ;) ;) Of course, this process is a very difficult one and you should be ready to face a lot of difficulties, you see :( :( :o :shock: :? I know that sometimes it is impossible to adopt a child in your own country, but you may try international surrogacy :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Surrogacy”