What is co-parenting?

Romeo

What is co-parenting?

Postby Romeo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Co-parenting, sometimes called joint parenting or shared parenting, is the experience of raising children as a single parent when separation or divorce occurs. Occasionally, social scientists also use the term to describe any two people who are jointly raising a child, regardless of whether or not they are both biological parents or have ever been romantically linked. But more often than not, co-parenting occurs following a separation, divorce, or break up of a romantic partnership in which children are involved. Despite the many challenges, though, psychologists say that it is possible to develop a cordial working relationship with your ex for the sake of your children. What is your opinion about co-parenting? Who faced it?

DaddyAdam

Re: What is co-parenting?

Postby DaddyAdam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Well i do not know much information about it but i can say that coparenting or co-parenting describes a parenting situation where two parents work together to raise a child even though they are divorced, separated or no longer living together. Through your parenting partnership, your kids should recognize that they are more important than the conflict that ended the marriage—and understand that your love for them will prevail despite changing circumstances. Kids whose divorced parents have a cooperative relationship:Feel secure. When confident of the love of both parents, kids adjust more quickly and easily to divorce and have better self-esteem.Benefit from consistency. Co-parenting fosters similar rules, discipline, and rewards between households, so children know what to expect, and what’s expected of them.Better understand problem solving. Children who see their parents continuing to work together are more likely to learn how to effectively and peacefully solve problems themselves.Have a healthy example to follow. By cooperating with the other parent, you are establishing a life pattern your children can carry into the future. Hope that info have helped you! XO

Alan

Postby Alan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:38 pm

I treat co-parenting as a wrong way of bringing up children. I am not familiar with this term, and concept very good, but for the first sight, it is not good for children, and their mental health. Two "strangers" are not the best variant for happy children. But of course there are a lot of cases, when strangers to a child are better than his own parents.

Tamer

Postby Tamer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:49 pm

I have knew thAt this definitoin “co-parenting” was coined to describe a parenting relationship in which the two parents of a child are not romantically involved, but still assume joint responsibility for the upbringing of their child. Occasionally, social scientists also use the term to describe any two people who are jointly raising a child, regardless of whether or not they are both biological parents or have ever been romantically linked. But more often than not, co-parenting occurs following a separation, divorce, or break up of a romantic partnership in which children are involved. I think, it is very good experiance. And it is worth to try.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sat May 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Co-parenting is not really the thing you might need,if you want to feel what it's like to be a real father for really real,you know what I'm saying,my dude? ;) 8-) It's something for the dudes,who doesn't really want to take a full responsibility and control over a kid-and thats' something like cowardness,if you ask me. :P :) Sure,you can start telling me,that you ain't got that much time for a kid-you know what,if so,don't even start nothing like that,you dig?It's either you're a full time father-or not a father at all,there's just no f*cking middle stage in this one,at least that's what I think. :P 8-)

Tom

Postby Tom » Tue May 24, 2016 9:44 am

Well there are very popular now, and I know some information about it. Co-parents are people who work cooperatively together to raise a child, with everyone actively involved in the raising of the child. Classically, people use the term “co-parents” to describe a divorced couple parenting their biological child, but co-parents do not necessarily need to be genetically related to the child, nor do they need to live in separate households. Furthermore, more than two people can be involved in co-parenting: for example, a couple might divorce and one of the partners might remarry, creating three co-parents, two of whom live together and one of whom has no genetic connection to the child.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun May 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Well,if you ask me-it's nothing but a bunch of some real bullsh*t,you know what I'm saying? 8-) :lol: :x You can ask me why am I so disrespectful to this opportunity for someone to feel themselves as some real fathers and all that-and I'll tell you all why. 8-) It's all because you can't really feel your self and call yourself a real fasther if you're a part of this bullsh*t-you're only part-time dad,and it's like to be part-time alive,you dig? :lol: :twisted: What will you be able to give that child,can you please tell me,when you'll see him like twice or three times a week and all that? :P It's real f*cking stupid if you ask me-it's either you're a full-time father or not a father at all. 8-) :P ;) :)

Lorry

Postby Lorry » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:53 am

Co-parenting is when two people, who are parents do not live together but share the responsibly of raising a child or children together. This usually happens when there is a marriage break down, a separation or divorce. They will usually work in partnership to bring up the child with equal responsibilities. The child will also have the right to maintain an equal relationship with both parents. Both parents will come together to ensure the child or children have a stable environment, good education and an all round stable routine. They will usually maintain the same standards in discipline as well as rewards and treats. Co-parenting allows the child or children to have a secure upbringing without having a conflict of interest.

Charly

Postby Charly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:45 am

Co-parenting seems to be a good idea. While your child is really little it does not play such a big role, but when s/he grows us different situations can occurs between his/her parents and co-parenting will be useful. In case of divorce or something you will be able to communicate with your child if s/he will be left with your partner. Also it is good for a child, while s/he will be free from any prohibition or limits in relationships with both of parents. It has a positive influence on the child’s perception of parents’ love, while s/he will be sure that it doesn’t depends on their personal romantic relationships between each other.

Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:21 pm

I try to get more information about all possible ways to become a father. So I have made some investigations about co-parenting)) Co-parenting provides a couple with the equal rights. So it is better when you have to deal with some work with documents and you need to prove your rights. It makes your sure that you have all legal documents for parenting in case of divorce or something.

Return to “Co-parenting”