What your relatives think about your orientation?

Romeo

What your relatives think about your orientation?

Postby Romeo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Fortunately, i have very loyal parents, they easily accepted my exclamation that i am gay when i was about 23 :D I am lucky to have such family, really i am very proud of my parents!
But the matter is that i know a lot of guys who stopped communicating with their relatives after they confessed about their orientation to them, and parents did not want to accept such lie of the land... :(
So, guys, i want to ask you - how about your parents? At what age did you tell them about your orientation? What was the reaction of your family to that? And did they support you or judge?

DaddyAdam

Re: What your relatives think about your orientation?

Postby DaddyAdam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm

You know - both of us are very lucky! Иoth of us have very loyal parents!
Homosexuality is part of you, it is not all of you. It is not as important, for instance, as the type of person you are. However, it is impossible to become a full, happy human being if your sexuality is denied, particularly by those who love you. By helping your parents to see this last part of you, you will be helping to strengthen the bonds between you, and greatly raise everyone's chance of happiness. None of us should not be afraid of telling your parents how do feel about ourselves - we all deserve to be happy.

Alan

Postby Alan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:44 pm

I've got very loyal parents too, I mean my mother , but I was afraid of my coming out, because it is very difficult to do without any consequences in a family. I don't tell everybody about my sexual orientation, because as for me, it is my private, and rather intimate thing! Actually my mother knew that by herself!

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sat May 21, 2016 6:18 pm

I don't know really what about all the relatives of mine-I haven't really done no social research,if you do know what the hell am I talking about up in here,my dude. ;) :D 8-) My parents are ok with it and it was that way from the very start-so<i guess I'm really lucky,huh? ;) 8-) My partner does have the same situation with his folks-and we all are like some real big and friendly family,you dig? ;) :) And as for my other relatives-I have a brother who's straight but is perfectly alright with me and my partner-he's truly a part of our family as well,what else can I really say. ;) 8-)

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm

You know,I'm very lucky about it all,cause I've never ever had any problems about it all with my relatives and what's most important to me,with my folks,you know what I'm saying? 8-) ;) They are real democratic and all that when it comes to a man's freedom -and they told me they love me the way I am without any criticism and all that,so,yeah,I guess I'm real lucky and all that,you dig? 8-) ;) :) The same thing I can really say about my partner-his parents are of the same kind as mine and we all are now some really big and happy family,you dig? ;) :) 8-)

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 pm

it is very hard question for me. my family do not understand me.
the only person who understand me is my sister. i am so thankful her for this.
she always helps me to cope with all hard situations in my life. also she always try to explane my parents that it is normal what happen with me.
i even do not imagin my life without the understanding of my sister.

Lorry

Postby Lorry » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:50 am

Hi everybody) I have not problem with my family) Getting the friendship of a gay male is no different from making friends with a straight male. Sexuality aside, people are people. The worst thing you can do is view someone as different because of their sexual orientation. We are all human; we are all different.Gay or straight, you must be kind and respectful to the other person to gain their trust and respect.Don't act desperate to be his friend. Be friendly, clever, attractive, and a real friend. If you want someone to be willing to listen to your troubles, you have to be there for him too. Get to know them as an individual and if you share interests, maybe you'll become friends.

Michal

Postby Michal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Well,you know my parents still can't deal with me being this way really like for a 100% and my father still asking me from time to time have I found some pretty girl for me and all that,you know what I'm saying? :lol: ;) :D 8-) But I can understand that he's not doing all that to make mad or something like that-he wants all the best for me and wishes the best,so usually I'm smiling at all that and saying something like I haven't found the right one yet or something like that,you know? :D ;) 8-) :) But they perfectly knowing about my orientation and we still are meeting up for the holidays and stuff like that,there are no tense feelings between us and that's good,if you ask me. 8-) ;) :!: :ugeek:
I'M NOT GAY, BUT 20$ IS 20$ :mrgreen:

Garis

Postby Garis » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:07 pm

I have told my parents that I am gay when I was 19. Then I have met my boyfriend and I didn’t want to lie them with whom I spend time and what does he men to me. They accept my choice with all respect. My family relationships haven't changed. It was a big surprise for them. I think they were disappointed. But they tried to cover their emotions at list in front of me. It was more complicated with relatives. Some of them don’t want to communicate with me even now, after so long time. I think my sexual orientation doesn’t care them at all. So I just don’t understand for what reason they make such a drama.

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm

my parents and i are having very good relations and they support me very much i know that a lot of people tell that their parents take care of them too much, they worry too much and they do everything too much. my parents understand me very good and they know when they have to stop and give me some time to think and to accept some things. they know that i need some private area and i have my own life and they do not spoil it. i like them and i think that i have really modern parents, they try to be the best parents and they really are so.

Return to “Polls”