a date with a co worker??

Daymont

Re: a date with a co worker??

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi everybody. It can has many benefits and minuses. :D :D :D Decide if it is worth it. Before you go any further down the road of no return, decide whether dating a co-worker is in the best interest of you, your colleague and the company. :D :D :D Work romances have the potential to wreak havoc on business relationships if things go sour, and in the worst-case scenario you might even find yourself looking for a new job. If your interest is in someone superior to you, be extra careful. ;) ;) ;) Relationships with an imbalance of power are most susceptible to fallout, and can cause other co-workers to hold you at arm's length.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:57 pm

i do not think that it is a good idea and to my mind it influences in a bad way your relations. you see each other all the time and none of you has time for rest or something like that. i think that every person needs his own private area and even at work it would be enough for you. i know that people dating co-workers are bored because you spend with your partner a lot of time and you do not even have enough time to miss him. he starts irritating you and you quarrel all the time.but you may be sure your partner does not cheat on you.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:53 pm

I think it's a bad idea. There is nothing worse than being forced to confront your ex on a daily basis at places that should be secure, serene and drama-free. Sure, you may carry on some torrid love affair with a co-worker, but these relationships rarely work. Then you are forced to feel uncomfortable around this person. Soon enough, you will dread hauling your butt out of bed in the morning to go to the office, and you’ll consider finding a new job altogether. DO you really want it? i'd never dares to do such a thing, but if you are ready, go ahead)

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:49 am

That is a bad idea, as for me) Never turned out to work right neither with myself - nor with the people who tried that. I am sure that some people do succeed. But on the other hand - if you will fail? If that is a person not from your work - the you will simply separate - and each will take its own course. And if you are working together - and you have to see each other from Monday to Friday , 9 am to 18 pm?) That can drive you crazy. Besides - if you have different hierarchy level, let's say, he is your boss - that does make the situation even more awkward. People in that case have to consider their personal attitude bump with their job commitments. that is pain in the ass) Better not even start)

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Before you decide to date one of your co-workers, it’s important to know your office’s official rules regarding these relationships. If your office strictly forbids co-workers from dating each other, then you need to take a serious look at your priorities. Determine whether you’d rather stay on your current professional path or whether you’d prefer to pursue this potentially serious relationship. Fortunately, most men won’t have to make this decision. Workplace romances may not be encouraged these days, but they don’t carry the same stigma they once did. Instead of representing automatic grounds for dismissal, deciding to date one of your co-workers usually brings with it nothing more than a set of procedures you need to follow to keep everything above the board with your higher-ups.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Daymont wrote:it’s important to know your office’s official rules regarding these relationships

Do such rules really exist? That is really surprising for me.. I mean - how can that work? What is you do not show a slightest sign of any relations existence when you are both on the working place.. It means that if you will be seen together off the work you will get reprimand? That is not their damn business, what people do in their spare time. If I would get to a situation of that kind - I would undoubtedly sue my employer. Speaking about the topic - I think that dating with the workmate is really not a good idea.. You must be really sure about what you are doing. Cause if you will screw up those relations - you will have to face with the aftermath. And that may be devastation to your career)

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:39 am

I was working in the office for several years - and had an opportunity to see both sides of the medal) There was me and a friend of mine. He was not gay - but we were simply hanging around lots of times. So he fell in love with a girl from our office - they were dating almost for a year. But then they broke up. She left him, it would be better to say. And then the nightmare began. Imagine that - working 5 days a week in the same office with the person you were in love for a year - knowing that she is dating with someone else right now, looking how she smiles and laughs. I dont even want to imagine how he felt. I dont need to actually - he told me all that himself. So it is better to think twice before involving in relations with someone at your work)

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi everybody here) Before you've even approached the co-worker of your dreams, be sure that he is interested in you in the same way. This takes a little bit of investigation and intuition but it's worth it or you might end up with egg on your face. And if you hardly know them, take time to get to know them before assuming you've made a good decision to ask them out a solid relationship needs solid foundations to build on. It is also important that you have a balanced life. :) :) If not, be very wary about a work relationship because it could be a sign that you take work too seriously and do not leave room for anything else and even feel that your relationships have to fit in with work.

Damien

Postby Damien » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 pm

On the one hand you can have good relations with your co-worker and you can date for a long time. You can even marry and have children. But if it will happen so that after the first date you'll decide that you did a mistake? Of course you'll be hurt. But what to do when you're at work. Then you'll have to leave your work? For me, it is not very good to have dates with co-workers. Moreover, there are a lot of companies which are against such relations. It can be even written in your contract. If you want to have a good career you should always think about the consequences! For meone date is not worth your future! But of course sometimes happy-ends happen!

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:18 am

I THInk that it is usual deal to meet with co-worker. Assess your co-worker's interest in you. There's no point sidling up to the office cutie and asking him to a Saturday night hoedown if he doesn't even know who you are. Co-workers who work alongside each other are most likely to become attracted to one another -- so the partner you just finished working on a project with or the one who works in the cubicle beside you are good choices. Keep it under the radar. Unless you want to be the focus of the water cooler talk for the next week, keep your budding romance under wraps. Sure, it's fine to share your feelings if and when it becomes a relationship, but for now, it's better to keep things quiet.

Return to “Gay dating”