Adjust

Fatherbest

Re: Adjust

Postby Fatherbest » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:46 pm

This can be something as simple as 15 minutes in a quiet room in a coffee shop, or sitting on a park bench.When you're reminded of your old life don't push those feelings away. Take the time to sit with them even if it means crying. Working through your emotions will allow you to have a better time in your new place of residence.
Release your expectations. You have ideas about what you want your new life to be like. Chances are that isn't how your new life is going be. That doesn't mean that your new life is bad or wrong. You'll have to let go of your expectations and let it be what it's going to be.

Ken1

Postby Ken1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:21 pm

One part of adjusting to a new place is actually getting to know it. If you stay holed up in your house or apartment thinking about the past you aren't going to make new friends and find new ways of being.
Get out there!Join an organization that you enjoy. This could be anything from a library book club, to volunteering for a group you support. Religious organizations are great places to find a new community if you are religious. Otherwise political organizations, or artistic groups (like singing groups, knitting circles, quilting circles, scrapbookers, etc.) are good bets.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 am

Sure we do need to adjust to the changes that do happen all around us all the time. there is no other way to live. Though that is not really correct, there are the ways in the modern society to live in the isolation from the most part of the changes. But this is the most miserable living I can ever imagine. You would need to put yourself in the cell or limitations and restrictions, to live in your past without the ability to see and experience anything new. This is hell, really, when the person is only living with its past. I do not see the point of doing that.. Usually that is done by people who are afraid of the future.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:42 pm

i would not like some things to change in my life. i know that it is impossible to stop the time. But sometimes I am dreaming of the place, of the world - that would be brand new every day - but that would stay the same. the place where you would not have the feeling that the time is running away - and you are afraid to be left behind , standing on the train station alone and waving with your hand do the train, that disappears behind the horizon. I wonder if anyone of you did ever have that kind of a feeling. When you feel that this is the last train, the train of all your hopes and dreams. That is how I feel accepting the changes sometimes.

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes, I completely agree that such feelings are all important in our life, and we all feel them from time to time. And i also agree that in such situation we have to have a rest. If you have some problems - so just breath deeply, relax and solve them, because everything can be done in this life...

JerryLeen

Postby JerryLeen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:54 pm

you know that is perhaps my situation. cause i feel quite difficult to adjust to all the possible changes, you know.. i do not like all the new things, they make feel worried and i am under a stress after all :D Still, I'd like to say, that people should be able to adjust. they must be ready to say goodbuy and say hello when it is time to do this :D

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:10 am

i think that for a lot of us it is very hard to adjust to changes and that is why most people actually do not like to change anything in their lives. but i know a few people who actually enjoy these changes in their lives and they just do it really very often. i think that it is really very very important to change something in your life when you do not like anything , because you will not be happy further in life and just be angry and irritated. i think that you do not like it and it shall not be so. i do not change something in my life very often but i am the person who can get used to the new environment very often and i do not bother about it.

JaredJey

Postby JaredJey » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

Let go of your expectations. You have ideas about what you want your new life. It is likely that not how your new life will be. This does not mean that your new life is bad or wrong. This new life will be different from the old. You will not be able to recreate what you had. Remind yourself that things are different and that doesn't mean bad. Give the new place a chance to be good for you. ;)

DennyDe

Postby DennyDe » Wed May 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Adjusting in the real ability to make the life easier and definitely, if you are really into details, emotions, feelings and impressions, it is gonna be really hard for you to adjust to new things and surely, you will feel a lot of uncomfortable things..on the other hand, if we are talking about the possibility of having the uncomfortable situation, we have silently adjusted to this new stage and go over it. The struggle we have inside is about the inner world, which does not have anything to do with the world outside..! :idea: :arrow: Obviously, for adult people it is important to be able to adjust to changes and take them bravely.

Simson

Postby Simson » Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Good night followers of this friendly website!! :mrgreen: :lol: how are you doing today?? I can say that I am pretty impressed with your topics Steven!! I really like it. I remember when my partner and I changed our flat and it was pretty far from our native place. So it was really hard for me to adjust to the new place.. I even can not normal sleep in the first days on the new place.. But now I really understand that it is natural for everyone and we should not bother about it..It is really a question of time here!! :?: :?:

Return to “Gay dating”