admit your mistakes

Daymont

Re: admit your mistakes

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Maybe you lost your company’s big client. Maybe you forgot to do a critical part of that big project. Maybe you weren’t there for someone when they needed you, even when you said you would be. Whatever the situation, someone trusted you to do a job and you failed. On the other hand, admitting your fault puts you one step closer to dealing with it, and can often be the first step towards a successful turn-around. At the least, though, it shows that you’re someone with integrity and courage, even in the face of disastrous consequences. Realize that your mistakes might affect many more people than just you, and recognize the pain you’ve caused.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:50 pm

i think that it is very good when you can admit your mistakes, it will make your life easier. but i think that it is impossible to avoid making mistakes. it is normal when you make them but you have to learn on them. and everything would be alright. of course it is better to lean on people's mistakes, because you would not make anything bad to you. but we are not so and for us it is easier to learn on our mistakes, and even not all people do it. i know a lot of my friends who continue making the same mistakes over and over again.

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Blind devotion to flawed strategies is far worse than admitting a mistake. Business executives do not admit mistakes because of the potential legal and financial consequences. Political leaders do not admit mistakes because they fear looking weak and indecisive. Partners do not admit mistakes because they want to maintain the upper hand in a relationship. However, insisting on something in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary could make you look delusional and arrogant. Admit the mistake to yourself first. If you are at fault, even partially, accept it. Write down what you might have done wrong and what steps you could take to fix it. Admitting a mistake does not represent a character flaw.

Damien

Postby Damien » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:12 pm

I think we should be proud of people who can easily admit their mistakes. But sometimes it is really difficult to agree that you're wrong. Every person loves him\herself that as why the fact that you admitted your failure can hurt you. But it can also make you stronger. So don't be afraid to look stupid. If you admit something you won't do it in future!

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:14 pm

We all make mistakes from time to time because it is our nature and through mistakes we become more experienced. But for me sometimes it is very difficult to admit that I’ve made a mistake. No, I understand it deep inside, but I can’t admit. But I think that first of all it is important to see things from someone else’s perspective. Also we should always take responsibility for our actions. Also I think if you hurt someone it is always necessary to apologize!

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:14 am

HI EVERYBODY HERE) NICE TO MEET YOU) :D :D :D Admitting you made a mistake can be a challenge if you want to avoid losing face. However, in the eyes of other people, a person who can admit to mistakes and move on from them is more likely to garner respect than someone who blusters and pretends they weren't responsible. If you're a perfectionist or someone with an overactive internal critic, making mistakes can absolutely terrify you and cause you to believe that you have to cover them up or foist the blame elsewhere. Yet, these actions cause their own problems and end up making the mistake worse or even have greater ramifications than had you faced the mistake openly.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:23 pm

This forum starts to look more and more like the psychological forum to me)) Ok, about the topic. Yes - it was written correct about the mistakes. Though let le tell you this : whether you are admitting your mistake, or you insist that you were correct, you must understand perfectly clear for what purpose are you doing that. For example, if you are completely sure you are right, though your opponent does not want to admit that, there are plenty situations , in which you can benefit from accepting his point of view, just for him to "cool down". On the other hand, many people are falling to the extremity of not being able to have argues at all. That just shows their weakness, and people start to use that weakness for their own needs.

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:20 pm

To start, as though it may sound trite, it is necessary to recognize the fact that mistakes are normal; they are a part of human nature. Then try to still look at the specific events in your life. And the most important thing is that whatever it is, and no matter what you do, you have to understand that you should move on. You cannot always live in the darkest moments.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:56 am

V_Vegas wrote:This forum starts to look more and more like the psychological forum to me))

It starts, indeed) That is not a bad thing. there are lot of slogans for the modern books and films "10 things that you wanted to know, but was afraid to ask about..". Perhaps this forum is a kind of a place where you can ask about such things) It is important to be able to admit your mistakes. First of all, to admit them to yourself. People do like to lie to themselves, that is quite true. they dont want to leave their area of "inner comfort", regarding to their habits, points of view. and that produces lot of quarrels. It is easier for us to fool ourselves in order to stay in our own small imaginable world, then to admit the truth, becoming stringer and more opened to the world.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 am

If I am making some mistake in some of my actions, I admit it at once, before anyone will have the possibility to do it instead of me. We are all human beings, and making the mistakes is a part of our nature. Though this is a pretty controversial topic. What is a mistake? It is easy to answer that question in the science, in maths, physics.. in art it becomes more difficult - and it becomes really impossible sometimes in the relations. the main thing is to know what do you really want. To know what goal you are trying to achieve. Then the mistake is a thing that delays your goal, it is quite clear. the problem with the relations is the fact that people often do not know what they really want.

Return to “Gay dating”