admit your mistakes

Fatherbest

Re: admit your mistakes

Postby Fatherbest » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 pm

If you're a perfectionist or someone with an overactive internal critic, making mistakes can absolutely terrify you and cause you to believe that you have to cover them up or foist the blame elsewhere.
Yet, these actions cause their own problems and end up making the mistake worse or even have greater ramifications than had you faced the mistake openly.When you make a mistake, your internal critic goes into overdrive, faulting everything you do and making the whole mistake seem much worse than it actually is. You think purely in negatives about the mistake.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Father best - you are right in what you write about the perfectionists.. Besides - they do take the critics very badly.. it really hurts them on the inside - as if it is an insult. To be the perfectionist is a good thing as for me - of course, if you do have enough will to manifest this perfectionism in your life. But I think that the mistakes are the best teachers in our lives.. your own experience is something that cannot be replaced with anything else. When I do the mistake - I try to analyse it and to understand the reason why did I make it. Once I did figure it out - I will not repeat this mistake ever again.

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Well, I will just repeat my words - it depends from my mood, from the situation and other person. If to tak about my husband, so it is difficult for me to accept my fault, to say sorry, and we often dont talk for a long in such situation, and he makes a first step. I realise that in some moment in future he will just stop do it, but cant do anything with myself :?

Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Hello guys)I agree that everyone need realize that all people make some mistakes and you also do some. :idea: One of the best and most effective responses to making a mistake is to take responsibility for having made it, especially where it upsets, harms or disturbs other people. And I am more than agree with it. And owning your mistakes is also good for mistakes that simply bother your own sense of who you are striving to be, so as to avoid the blame game. Do not try to run away from the mistake or it will continue to chase you. So I think that we should teach to appologise for our mistakes and you `ll not have any worries as for it.

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello everybody and everyone here friends!! :))How are you doing today??)) I hope you have nice mood for our conversation :lol: So personally for me it is really very difficult to admit my mistakes.. I don't even know why.. Maybe because of character, my DIFFICULT character. To tell the truth my dear friends I am a proud person and admitting mistakes doesn't suit me :lol: :lol: Hmm. ..I don't know how my partner is such patient person and tolerate me. I am very difficult person.. Really :((and even when I know that I am not right so I always try to prove my opinions and my thoughts!!

JaredJey

Postby JaredJey » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 am

Reformulate your idea about what it means to be wrong. First, errors will happen and they will continue even after you "learned your lesson". Life is very generous with mistakes. It's true.... Indeed, mistakes can even reveal breakthroughs in self-understanding. Mistakes have their place in life. ;)

DennyDe

Postby DennyDe » Wed May 10, 2017 5:57 pm

You kidding?! admitting mistakes, especially big ones, especially if you were telling that you did not do that and however now the opponent see that you did, it feel really awful... I have been in the similar situation and unfortunately, not for the only one time in the life, and now I am able to tell straight away that - yes, I did the mistake and I regret this, or something like this... now, with the years passing by and getting more intelligent and experienced, I know - it is way much more easier to prevent the conflict than to "heal" it ... :roll: :geek: trust me, I know exactly how it feels and therefore, it would be better to aviod this again.

Willy.W

Postby Willy.W » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Right you are my friend, admitting mistakes can be like a challenge for many people who have their proud... And it is not wonder. I have just told that for example in my relationships both me and my partner are always looking for compromises or maybe some ways. For example if I am wrong I always try to admit my mistakes and I always try to change the difficult situation. It is right to do if you want to save your marriage and your family as well . If your " face " in the relationships is more important for you ,so you can not admit your mistakes.

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:54 pm

It takes tremendous fortitude to utter the words “I was wrong, and I am sorry”. I love that word: fortitude. I could list the dictionary definition of fortitude, but let’s be honest, why go to that trouble when Bill Gates blessed us with Microsoft Word’s single click to see its synonyms, which are: strength, courage, resilience, grit, determination, endurance, guts, and staying power. Boo-yah! Who doesn’t want to be all of that?! So often in business I deal with people who believe that admitting they were wrong shows weakness or ineptness. The danger of that belief, especially when it is held by people in positions of power or authority, is that it backs a leader into defending their poor choices, even when they themselves have come to recognize they were wrong.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Consider your feelings when you make a mistake. If you're a perfectionist or someone with an overactive internal critic, making mistakes can absolutely terrify you and cause you to believe that you have to cover them up or foist the blame elsewhere. Re-envision your idea of what it means to make mistakes. First up, mistakes are going to happen and they're going to keep happening even after you've "learned your lesson". Life is very generous with mistakes, just as it's very generous with learning opportunities, love and chance of fulfillment if you choose to take them. Second, mistakes teach us what we're capable of through showing us what doesn't work. Remember Edison's 10,000 attempts at getting a light bulb to work when you feel like calling your efforts a mistake. Third, quite a large number of mistakes have resulted in creations and inventions of a scientific, business, architectural, creative, or other nature. Indeed, mistakes can even reveal breakthroughs in self-understanding. Mistakes have their place in life.

Return to “Gay dating”