does your partner hog the sheets?!

Daymont

Re: does your partner hog the sheets?!

Postby Daymont » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Discuss the issue with your significant other first and explain what has been happening at night; be kind, as many people don't realize their strength when asleep and cold! Buying flat sheets and covers that are larger than your mattress size is not unusual by any means and is an excellent way around the problem of both bed users wanting to snuggle into lots of the cover. Indeed, bedding suppliers often stock separate flat and fitted sheets, just for this reason, to allow you to fit the mattress correctly but use a larger flat sheet on top. This solution means that both of you will have your own covers, even if the sheet is hogged. Extra covers ensure you that the other person won't be able to steal the entire amount of warm bedding and you will still have something left to cover yourself with.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:40 pm

i do not think that it is really a problem and even serious and you may break up because of it. but it is because of the fact we do not have such a problem now and hope we would not have it. but i do not think that we would not solve it. you may buy twp separate mattresses and all the bedding may be separate. you would have your blanket and everything like that and then you would not have such problems. i think that it is very comfortable and you would not spoil the sleep of your partner. it is my opinion.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:07 pm

My partner does not do it, he is sometimes too accurate, if i can say so) I read somewhere that the way you sleep shows what kind of personality you are. wel according to this, my husband is a king, cause he sleeps as a star))) legs and arms far away and sometimes i do not find place for me)))) but for sure I am not worse, i do the same and we even can have a small fight at night))) although then we are loughing and sleeping again))) so i cannot say that i have great problems.. just some missunderstanding as i usually call it)

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi guys) Discuss the issue with your significant other first and explain what has been happening at night; be kind, as many people don't realize their strength when asleep and cold! Buying flat sheets and covers that are larger than your mattress size is not unusual by any means and is an excellent way around the problem of both bed users wanting to snuggle into lots of the cover. Indeed, bedding suppliers often stock separate flat and fitted sheets, just for this reason, to allow you to fit the mattress correctly but use a larger flat sheet on top. For example, if you have a queen size bed, purchase a king size flat sheet and duvet other bedding covers. All that extra length at the sides turns into separate snuggle zones.

Chase

Postby Chase » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:31 pm

yes sometimes he does it, but i understand that i can not change it. several years ago hen we only started living together i was really very angry at him but now i think that it is natural and sometimes i do it as well. but we decided to solve his problem and it as not really very hard to do it. first of all we just bought two different mattresses and two different sheets and now we do not bother about it. we take everything easy and i thnk that it is really great. if yu have such a problem then i think that it is really perfect solution of it.

florian

Postby florian » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:10 pm

I can give a piece of advice in this situation: buy the biggest mattress you can. The more room between you and them, the less likely their constant movement will wake you. Or alternatively, buy two king single beds and push them together, that way their horizontal dancing during the night will never bother you again.

Easton

Postby Easton » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:54 am

i also agree with you , if there is something that irritates you so much hen you have to talk to your partner about it and i hope that you will solve this problem without any difficulties. i know what it is like when your partner hog the sheets,because my husband is just the same but we did not manage to solve it. i just got used to it and that is it. if yo find the best solution and get rid of this problem please write me, because i am very interested what can be done in this case. sometimes it drives me crazy but he is my husband. :roll: :roll: of course sleep is important but i think that happiness in the family life is more important for you. :P :P

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:40 am

Isuppose it is a very simple problem. But it really can be annoying. Fortunately my boyfriend does not hog the sheets. Because if he did so, it would irritate me so much. I can not sleep without warm and comfortable blanket. And I am entirely agree that you should discuss it with your boyfriend. As it can become a serious problem in the future.

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:09 pm

dude, you are right! Trough all the history of the humanity, there were three major problems, that people experienced on their way to the prosperity of the civilization. those were the diseases, the starvation, and the hogging of sheets. One cannot imagine, how many people froze to death, only because someone hogged into the blanket, who initially was made to comfort and give warmth for two people. Starting from the deep caves of the Stone age, finishing with the breakups in royal families of the end of 19 century, which led to falling of entire dynasties and wars. Did you know that Henry VIII executed Anna Boleyn was executed not because of the whim of her husband, but because she had a habit to hog in the blanket?

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:15 pm

V_Vegas wrote:dude, you are right! Trough all the history of the humanity, there were three major problems,

you are making me laugh for the third time today) I see you were in a really good mood when you were writing this stuff)) Actually I must confess.. .this is the drawback that I have. Yes, I do hog the sheets) We decided that problem very simply. Me and my husband are sleeping under different sheets.. Yes, it is that simple) I do not think that it is such a big tragedy, really) Though it would be interesting to know the psychological point of view on the origins of this habit.. i bet it is something from our childhood.. Or the karma perhaps... Maybe I was a hatchog in the previous life? Anyway, just have your own sheet, if your partner has this habit)

Return to “Gay dating”