does your partner hog the sheets?!

JohnDow

Re: does your partner hog the sheets?!

Postby JohnDow » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Sounds so funny! :lol: Well if that happens and you want to change the situation then i can give you an advice. Sounds like you are sleeping with a blanket hog—though it is not necessarily a deliberate move on your bedmate’s part. If the tug of war over covers happens regularly, it is no surprise you are fatigued. The solution is to have his and hers covers: one top sheet, blanket and/or comforter for you, and another stack for him. It is harder for one partner to steal the covers from the other if you each have your own layers. Also you can use special sheets which can not be hogged ;)

Brown66

Postby Brown66 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi everybody here) i think that thisis not so serious problem that is why we should pay so much attention on it. I think that this is very easy to decided it . I think, that first of all you should discuse it with your partner, because he can not even know that such problem exist. :lol: :lol: :lol:You can easily find a desicion only buying flat sheets and covers that are larger than your mattress size is not unusual by any means and is an excellent way around the problem of both bed users wanting to snuggle into lots of the cover. Indeed, bedding suppliers often stock separate flat and fitted sheets, just for this reason, to allow you to fit the mattress correctly but use a larger flat sheet on top.

Harry

Postby Harry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm

i do not have a partner and that is why i do not have such a problem and i am really happy because of it because i know a lot of people for who it is really a very big problem and they can not sleep together because of it.i had a lot of different partners and they were all very different and some used to hog sheets , the other did not do it. but i think that it is not really very important, with the time you would get used to everything and it would not worry you anymore. i think that i am right and you shall not worry about it. but i think that you would solve this problem. it is just impossible. that is what i think about it.

Fatherbest

Postby Fatherbest » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:49 pm

You can steal back those monopolized sheets and covers. Try to pull the sheet or covers back onto you gently but firmly. A few tugs back toward your side of the bed might suffice.
If not, perhaps getting out of bed and lifting up the entire sheet and covers and draping them back over both of you might be all that's needed. If your partner is well asleep, they may simply subconsciously rearrange their sleeping position to cope with the restored covers arrangement.Be prepared for difficulties, however! Stay calm and talk to your partner...EVerything can be fixed

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Fatherbest wrote: Try to pull the sheet or covers back onto you gently but firmly.

Gently - that would be nice) I remember when I still had this habit - to steal the sheets - once my husband was so pissed with this, that he simply pushed me from the bed)) when I woke up in the morning - I could not understand, why am I laying on the floor - and why am I wrapped in the carpet? The thing was that I fell from the bed without waking up - and when I felt cold - I just wrapped myself in the only thing that was available there - the carpet) My husband laughed really hard on that. He even bought the sheet that does have similar pattern that the carpet does) that was the best decision - to buy me my person sheet)

Ken1

Postby Ken1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:13 pm

There are several potential downsides to attempting this "gentle shift" of the covers back toward you:Depending on how they have managed to end up with all the sheet and covers, you might find out that they wrapped themselves in a "burrito wrap". Unfurling this is probably about as easy as unwrapping a mummy, only weightier. Unless you're strong and gentle in just the right balance, this could end up in a tangle, with a grouchy awoken partner alongside you.You may also find your partner stealing the sheet and covers back after you've shifted them. This can go on repeatedly, ending up in a "gimme back my covers" struggle throughout the night. Hardly conducive to a good night's sleep

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:06 pm

the sheet thievery is not the most terrible thing that can happen in the bed, while you sleep. i did have a boy friend once, who drove me insane with one idiotic habit. When we were sleeping together - he always did push me from the bed. All the time. that is why we only had four or five times sleeping together at all) the funniest thing was that I did not notice that, until I was waking up on the floor. I did not even wake up from the fall and the touchdown.. It is good that the bed was low. i can imagine is we would do that on the high deck of the double deck bed)) Anyway - if he would only steel the sheets - maybe we would still be together)

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Fortunately, anyone of my boyfriend did not use to hog the sheets. I find it a really bad habbit, I can confess that it really irritates me, when somebody hoggs the sheets :shock: :shock: :shock: I think that people should notice what they do annd try to get rid of such awful habbits. But you can solve this problem in a very easy way, you should just give your partner another blanket ;) ;)

Pete28

Postby Pete28 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Well, I dont think that it is very serious problem, I also had it, and never mind, and never talked or even quarreled because of it. So what can I say, I can agree with you that if you dont like something on the initial stage and even after, you should discuss it, always, and not to wait.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello everybody and everyone here friends!! I am ready for nice conversation with all of you today)) how are you in this great day?? I can only agree, my ex boyfriend was also always hogging the sheets.And that was driving me crazy to be honest too. The only advice i can share with you is that you should always talk about the issue when it first starts out. Don't wait until it becomes a severe issue and then finding yourself using..I liked this words my dear friend and now after all what happened between us there I can say the same that you should pay attention to it from the first time.

Return to “Gay dating”