what to do if you have nothing to talk about?

Ben_Roar

Re: what to do if you have nothing to talk about?

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Tompson wrote:We can always find a topic for talking.

We can, if we would need to "pretend" talking) That is easy, of course. but the ting is to find the topics that would be interesting to discuss,that would touch our intellect and emotions.. things that would would eager to know more about or to tell about. And this is why such situations do happen. There are too many things in this world, and each person has something of its own taste and like. It is hard to find someone who would be interested in something as much as you are. This person may know a lot about the matter, but this matter does not really interest thing person any more, do not raises the emotions, even though the intellect does posses the information.

florian

Postby florian » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:54 pm

It is a very bad sign, when you have nothing to talk about. Maybe you have too different opinions or your life is not interesting to each other? If you want to protect your relations find something you can do together: walking, sports, reading books, even watching TV. Otherwise it is better to stop your relations, until it became worse.

Chase

Postby Chase » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 am

i think that you can not anything with it. in this situation it would be really better to break up and do not even think about each other because you will never be happy together that is for sure. if you have nothing to talk about now then in the future the situation would be only worse and worse. it is normal that you are different and it can be that you are not the perfect match , somewhere in the world there is your perfect guy , you just have to look for him and do not concentrate on the people who are not for you.

Easton

Postby Easton » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 am

i think that in any situation yo may find what to talk about. there is no person with whom you will not be able to find a common topic.ido not believe in it. the reason may be only that you do not want to talk about anything or he does not want to do it. i believe that there are a lot of things you may discuss ad there are a lot of interesting ones. just look for the common topic ,the thing in which both of you are interested and may tell each other something interesting. try to know what interests him and you will get rid of the problem.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:15 pm

It is very popular problem when two or more people spend time together and they have nothing to talk about. Even if a person is very intellegent he can have nothing to say. It can be because he is modest or something like that. If you have such situation, there are always a lot of topics to speak about: weather, interests, hobbies,favourite books, films, actors etc.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh, it is a very bad situation when you have nothing to talk :x :o :shock: :? :| I always feel so awkwardly, and after such conversation I do not want to see a person anymore :( :o :roll: :!: And it does not mean you have a little circle of interests or you are not enough intellegent :idea: :| I think it just means you are different people and you do not have common interests.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:59 pm

I am not getting confused with the awkward silence. If there is nothing to talk about - I see no point to pluck the the void with meaningless phrases about the weather or anything else. that only raises the tension, in my opinion. It is much better to have the silent agreement not ta talk - then both will feel comfortable. And when both people will feel themselves comfortable - then the common topics may appear! That is the trick) It did happen to me many times. You just let go the situation, the awkwardness disappears - and then you feel yourself really comfortable with the person that caused you discomfort just a minute ago.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:10 pm

If you see that you do not have any topics to talk about , just say - "Hey, isnt it funny, that we do not have anything to talk about?")) That may reduce the tension, make you both laugh.. Usually we take it as a kind of an embarrassing circumstance - when we do not have anything to talk about. But why would not you just laugh about it and simply take it as a fact? I am sure that when the conversation is going to start from the real and kind laughter - you will find some things to talk about ) That is the way I do when I am getting in the situationof this kind.. I must say it had been awhile since that happened last time)

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:"Hey, isnt it funny, that we do not have anything to talk about?"))

I dont know, Ben - the person you are trying to communicate with may think you are weird.. At least this doe sound weary for me) this may work if you do have the similar way of thinking with this person - and this person does understand your sense of humour.. But in other case.. You know - it does happen sometimes, that you both do have the similar interests - and it seems that you should have lots of this to discuss. But the conversation just does not flow... for some reason. That is what I call "being on different wavelengths", you know, like the radio stations) It is sad, but that does happen sometimes.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Paul_O wrote:this may work if you do have the similar way of thinking with this person - and this person does understand your sense of humour..

Yes - it is funny to get to the situations, when you are making a joke, the one that you like yourself - and that would be approved by your friends.. But in this case, the person you are communicating with - does not understand the humour. And you made the joke - you are laughing, and this person is silent.. You do start to feel yourself like an idiot) There are different kinds of humour - and you cannot even make some kind of straight distinction between them) Though, when i do hear the joke that I do not understand, I just laugh to be polite.. That is silly? Perhaps) But that does help me to become closer with the person.

Return to “Gay dating”