How to be more affectionate?

Dorian

How to be more affectionate?

Postby Dorian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Affection is a physical expression of feelings. It is usually associated with love and long-term relationships because a steady stream of affection can make people closer. I am not a very aggectionate person. I would like to be so, but I don't know how. That's why I think that you can help me. Can you advise me something?

Dylan

Re: How to be more affectionate?

Postby Dylan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Some people are uncomfortable with touch because of personality, family history, intimacy issues or trauma. This can make it difficult to initiate or enjoy displays of physical affection, such as caressing, hugging, holding hands or cuddling. Deal with your fears regarding intimacy and connecting physically with another person. Accept that you are afraid, and find out where it’s coming from. It can be helpful to realize that your fears are probably not related to your current partner or events, and to try to move past them. Talk to your partner and let them know that you are uncomfortable and why. Ask him to be patient. Showing physical affection can be easier as you get to know someone better and deal with the root causes of your discomfort with physical intimacy. Plus, improving communication may lead to a closer and more affectionate relationship.

George86

Postby George86 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Dorian I have another situation, there is everything good with me in this sphere!!!II am super affectionate. And i think that it is right decision!If you have such a problem there is a best solve for it to try to talk to your partner and let them know that you are uncomfortable and why. Ask him to be patient. Showing physical affection can be easier as you get to know someone better and deal with the root causes of your discomfort with physical intimacy. Plus, improving communication may lead to a closer and more affectionate relationship.

Mr.Albert

Postby Mr.Albert » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 am

I don't think that you should care much about this. You are who you are and nothing more. Of course, nearly all of us want to seem better than we are, but in fact such intention only prevents us from being happy. If I were you, I would have a frank talk with my partner (in case you're dating anyone at the moment), and ask what he likes and dislikes in me and then try to improve my drawbacks.

Curtis

Postby Curtis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 pm

If you decide that you will not be bothered to be a little more affectionate with a guy, try to understand why you have not managed to do so until now. What prevented you from expressing your feelings openly and directly? Perhaps you were deterred by some words or actions of a young man? Or is the reason hidden in you, in your relation to people in general? After analyzing the motives of your behavior, think about how you can change. Like any woman, inside you are affectionate and tender, which means that you need, most likely, to overcome the psychological ban on expressing your feelings. You can try talking to a guy and discussing your relationship. Would he want you to behave differently? Or, maybe, everything suits him, but do you "screw" yourself in vain? If he really does not like your seclusion and coldness, he could express his expectations and wishes.

Dan13d

Postby Dan13d » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Do you still think it is a problem?I do not think you have to become more affectionate ,be yourself and it will be enough to find an ideal partner for you .You do not need to pretend being someone you are not similar with.Maybe love is really connected with affection ,but it is not the same .I mean,you can love without affection .

Kirk

Postby Kirk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello everybody and everyone who are here today. I am going to speak on the interesting theme. I hope you will understand what I mean. If you are not affectionate you should talk to your partner and let them know that you are uncomfortable and why. Ask him to be patient. Showing physical affection can be easier as you get to know someone better and deal with the root causes of your discomfort with physical intimacy. Plus, improving communication may lead to a closer and more affectionate relationship.i suppose it will help you

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:44 am

Answer hints with hugs, compliments, confessions of love, kisses on the cheek or give five. It is very important to be able to ignore doubts in such moments.
Lack of tenderness can be a temporary problem, so put it on your schedule. A date, reading at night and even watching TV together can be combined with embraces.
 Many people are uncomfortable touching because of their personality or family history. Talk to someone about this, write or set a reminder, until you get used to physical tenderness.
Talk about it with your partner. Improving communication can lead to closer and more affectionate relationships.

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 am

Think of really good people that you know, and the feelings that they cause you. Is it getting warmer at heart every time you remember about them? Most likely, it is, because kindness leaves a mark, warming you up even in the most difficult times. When someone loves you as you are, it is impossible to forget such trust and affirmation of your dignity, so the kindness of these people is with you always.
Remember how someone's kindness makes your life better. What exactly about this person to you makes you feel special and loved? Can you repeat with all your heart what he does for you?

Lewan

Postby Lewan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 am

I understand what you mean and how to cope with it. I think you might be more open with your partner. It is more than true that some people are uncomfortable with touch because of personality, family history, intimacy issues or trauma. This can make it difficult to initiate or enjoy displays of physical affection, such as caressing, hugging, holding hands or cuddling. Deal with your fears regarding intimacy and connecting physically with another person. Accept that you are afraid, and find out where it’s coming from.

Return to “Gay dating”