dating mistakes

Mark007

Re: dating mistakes

Postby Mark007 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:57 pm

What’s actually important in evaluating a profile is its tone. You want to try and get a sense of what the person is like, which can be truly difficult.It’s a challenge as a novelist to convey characters in meaningful ways — it’s no less demanding for a person writing, or reading, dating profiles. It’s key to read between the lines to get a sense of whether the person seems well-adjusted — pleasant, friendly and reasonable, someone you would be drawn to if you met him or her in person, even if you didn’t know her top five favorite movies.Look closely for signs of boastfulness, snideness or bitterness. Also, insincerity: the person who claims over and over again to “absolutely love” his or her life just the way it is, to be “completely and totally” satisfied with everything in it. These people claim to have joined said dating site on a lark (“my friend suggested it and I figured why not?”). These behaviors suggest this person might have trouble being honest about his or her vulnerability or true motives.

HonestJack

Postby HonestJack » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Ignore most of the person’s explicit claims about his or her personality — for example, “I have a sense of humor about myself” or “I’m an optimist.” People are very unreliable self-reporters. People are very unreliable self-reporters.That’s not just because they lie (although that's a possibility, too), but because the way we see ourselves often bears little relation to how others see us. And only external events provoke our negative reactions, right? (We humans are expert self-justifiers.)It means nothing. The only explicit claims worth taking at face value are factual — job, age, education and location. When it comes to less tangible qualities, people are just too biased.

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:52 am

Hi everybody) We all makes mistakes and we need to deal with it.When it comes to dating, everyone, on some level, fears rejection. Playing it cool and not getting too involved may make you feel safe, but you risk coming across as aloof or remote, and may turn the other person off. Balance between demonstrating interest and maintaining your composure is best. You want to get to know the person and each have a chance for a fresh start. Carrying old baggage into a new relationship amounts to clutter. If you have baggage, then best to work it out in individual therapy before pursuing a new relationship, at least to a point where it is not affecting your reactions and clouding your judgment.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:22 am

i guess this sentance is my favourite: mistakes, guys are normal in all spheres of our life. cause we all are just humans, not angels and gods, we learn on those mistakes. but the thing is that many of us do the same mistakes al the time and that is why they face the same consequances. try to analize what was wrong and correct the mistake in other relations. for example if you were too ovecarring do not do it again, if you were too absent, be present. i guess everything is rather simpe if you think of it sensibly, you know? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi everybody here) When it comes to dating, everyone, on some level, fears rejection. Playing it cool and not getting too involved may make you feel safe, but you risk coming across as aloof or remote, and may turn the other person off. Balance between demonstrating interest and maintaining your composure is best. Another reason people play games is to get something you want that you wouldn't likely get if you played it straight. You will get further in less time in finding a relationship if you allow yourself to be genuine. It is OK to put your best foot forward, and also to be a bit cautious, but have the courage to be upfront and show who you are.

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi everybody here) Nice to meet you here. :D :D The most common mistake is you talk about your previous relations. Talking too much about your ex: While this information will eventually be shared at least to some extent, it shouldn't be discussed in detail during the initial phase of a relationship. You want to get to know the person and each have a chance for a fresh start. 8-) 8-) 8-) Carrying old baggage into a new relationship amounts to clutter. If you have baggage, then best to work it out in individual therapy before pursuing a new relationship, at least to a point where it isn't affecting your reactions and clouding your judgment.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:12 pm

well i think that every person does some mistakes in relations. i do not believe in perfect relations and that is why i think that it is normal to make mistakes if you know how to solve them and do no make them one more time. you should look for the compromise and only then your relations would be happy. but of course there are some common mistakes which male all people. you should not wait from your partner anything, if you want something then do it on your own, if not then ask your partner to do it. that is it.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Oh, mistakes are very common especially when we talk about the first date. You can be nervous or even afraid that is why everything can end in a wrong way. If you’re a person who invited someone for a date first of all you should plan everything in a very good way! Also it is impossible to ask stupid questions such as “Why is such a beautiful guy still alone?” Also the place where you are going to have your date should be appropriate. Once I had a date with a boy and he decided that to spend it playing paintball will be very good. As a result I was exhausted and it may sound funny, I’ve broken my leg. Think about the result beforehand!

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:13 pm

I see we are discussing dating for both homo and heterosexuals here, since you use "she" in your post?:) Ok - that raises another interesting topic, something like "5 main differences between dating with the guy and a girl". Speaking abut the topic itself - I think that people make too much turmoil around all these "right ways" and "mistakes".. You need to take a date - and start of any new relations as an new and interesting adventure - when you never know what does expect you after the next turn. And you need to be completely relaxed and "empty" to accept and deal with everything that comes. Thinking of relations in terms of "mistakes" and "right ways" means to have some kind of a plan. And such things do work in the engineering. But never in the relations between living beings.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: "5 main differences between dating with the guy and a girl"

Oh, Ben, I can really name some of these differences - and those differences will be not in the girls favour, trust me) there was a time when I was dating girls and boys in the same time. Not in the same period I mean - but trough some years. Boys were always more opened, more sincere. There was more candor, affection and trust from the first meeting. And the girls.. I always had the feeling that I need to "play a role" of the boyfriend meanwhile she was "playing the role" of the girlfriend. Girls were always waiting form me to impress them, to make them laugh, to be something that I am not. I got tired of that eventually. So my biggest dating mistake was to date with girls)

Return to “Gay dating”