overcome the post vacation blues

Edgar

Re: overcome the post vacation blues

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am

Okay, this might sound like such a total downer, as it’s hard enough to return home from vacation without the added weight of knowing that you’re going to feel even worse once you’re home. But over the years I’ve realized that one of the things that depresses me the most about returning home is that I feel depressed when I return home. If I’m returning from a longer journey then I feel guilty for not being as excited to be reunited with my family, friends, and favorite foods as I thought I would be. And then the whole point of shorter holidays is to get some rest and renewed energy, so if I come home feeling blah and out of it I start to wonder if I wouldn’t have been better off just not leaving at all.
But now that I always expect to feel a little down upon my return, I don’t worry about it as much. It becomes much easier to just brush off these weird feelings, telling myself and those around me that that’s just how I’m going to be for a while now, let’s all feel free to laugh about it.

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 pm

It seems that there can be a multitude of reasons why we feel depressed after vacation. Travel is beneficial to our health in so many ways. In fact, Well-Being Secrets shares 25 science-based health benefits of travelling. These benefits are brilliant, but of course if you come back to reality some of these will disappear and the stress of everyday will settle back in. There are valid reasons for these post holiday blues, and true reasons as to why it is so hard to adjust back to your normal way of life. Post vacation blues is a bad thing, of course but I don't think that it is a very big problem, we just want to have more rest in a wonderful place.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 am

Adjust your sleep schedule ahead of time. Many travelers experience jet lag after traveling, especially if the trip crossed one or more time zones. Jet lag can affect your ability to sleep on a normal schedule, and that lack of sleep quality and/or quantity could contribute to feeling disoriented and depressed that your vacation is over. Exercise while you're on vacation. Having a workout routine that you stick to while you're traveling can help keep you in shape and reduce stress and fatigue. If you continue that workout regimen after you return from your trip your body will have a sense of physical stability. Exercise also releases endorphins, which can help fight depression as well.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm

If you're worried you might have a hard time adjusting to being back at work, school, or just being home in general, having a souvenir around might make that transition a little smoother. Souvenirs can remind you of the fun time you had, and studies have shown that imagining being back in a fun, relaxing place is often enough to relieve stress and anxiety after returning from a big trip. If you have an office, decorate your desk and/or your wall with some photographs of your trip. You can also bring little desk-top statues or a calendar with photos from your vacation. If you don't have your own office or desk, try bringing back something you can wear to work. Even with a strict dress code you might be able to get away with wearing a bracelet or necklace that will remind you of your trip.

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 am

I really doubt whether yo can do anything with it. because it is very hard to resist it. when you want to rest and of course sometimes one week is not enough for you to relax and rest from your job and all the problems you have at home, even two weeks may be not enough. i think that you just have to take the rest from the rest. :D :D
take several days and spend them at home, do not do anything and just get ready to the job and make yourself ready to everything. your organism will change his rhythm and you will get used to the job. :roll: :roll:

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

You know I guess i am not one of those people, you know, cause i haven't felt it much. no i do understand that sometimes people can fee a bit tired cause they have spent a lot of time traveling and finding out new places. and perhaps when everything is over the feeling of absance or frustration can appear. fortunately i do not have such a proble.
but if you have, i guess you do not stay at home al the time after a journey. try to hike or just walk long in order to do the trauma less painfull. however i do not think i am too objective

Fuller

Postby Fuller » Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 am

General adjectives: weak, cowardly, abnormal, funny, sick, insecure, useless, evil, pathetic, defective, stale, lying, sour, bilious, spoiled, cruel, stupid, sticky, unpleasant, addictive, envious, crying, vile, indistinct, faint-hearted, merciless, self-serving, vindictive, obsequious, self-satisfied, greedy, lonely, tense, fallen, nasty, fixated, boring, vulnerable, rude, zamorochenny, pompous, neurotic, capricious, hysterical, naive.About appearance: thick, bony, curve, ugly, defective, old, scary, dirty, bald, hunchbacked, wrinkled, pimply, pale, fetid, ridiculous, ridiculous, unnatural, abnormal, awkward.

Herbert

Postby Herbert » Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 am

Try to use social networks much less often and, if possible, exclude the use of the Internet without special need. Scientists have a long time ago proved that people who spend a lot of their time on the Internet are more exposed to various stresses, depressions and other problems with the psyche.
Maximally limiting yourself from the impact of network communication, you can more be in reality and enjoy every new event. More often stroll through the parks or just be outdoors. Nothing can so lift your mood, as a delight in nature.

Ralph

Postby Ralph » Thu May 31, 2018 10:03 am

For example, you can be afraid of terrorism, because the media constantly frightens them, while for an average citizen, for example, the same corruption, lawlessness, turbulent situation in his own city, poor medicine and a number of others, more serious and more urgent problems for him, which are much more dangerous than terrorism. Therefore, without a proper assessment of the situation, situation, problems, one can pay attention to less priority, but more pathos and bloated media, and spend your time and energy on a decision or simply on thinking about non-priority problems, while ignoring more important problems.

markus

Postby markus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 am

A healthy lifestyle is a way of life that is aimed at preserving and improving human health, as well as the prevention of diseases.
To achieve these goals, a person needs to be physically active, eat healthy food, follow the rules of hygiene, abandon bad habits, and follow the advice aimed at strengthening the body and human health.

Return to “Health & sex”