Hair removal

MORAN

Re: Hair removal

Postby MORAN » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi guys) This is serious problem. :oops: :oops: Ingrown hairs occur when the sharp end of coarse and thick hairs curl over and embed in the skin. While the condition is not serious, it can lead to secondary infections, scarring and discoloration of the skin. In mild cases of ingrown hairs, it may be possible to loosen the hair and release it from the skin. The ingrown hair is typically visible below the surface of the skin. Use a washcloth or soft brush when washing the face to loosen the hair from the skin. Over the counter depilatories can loosen the hair and release it from the skin. Apply the topical solution or cream to the affected area. Use a sterilized needle to lift the hair from the skin by inserting the needle beneath the loop of hair and gently lifting.

Steven Tyler

Postby Steven Tyler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 am

Depilatories/cream hair removers.What It Does : A chemical compound suspended in a gel or cream base, it attacks the proteins in hair and dissolves them. This causes the hair to loosen and fall out instantly.Best For : Back, chest, arms, and legs. Skin around the brow and the genitals may be too sensitive for this hair removal treatment.Lasting Result : A week to several weeks.Expert Comments : Because some chemicals used in depilatories can be extremely harsh, particularly on sensitive genital skin, Janet Fairley, MD, professor of dermatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin, suggests always doing a patch test on a small area of skin. If you have any type of reaction - burning, redness, blisters, or itching - wipe it off immediately and don't use it. Since every formulation is slightly different, you may want to try a different brand before giving up on this method.

Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:42 pm

I saw few comments about lasers...But did you know that laser hair removal only works on pigmented hair. If you have light blond or white hair, then lasers won’t work! See How Laser Hair Removal Works to learn why.The darker your skin, the greater your risk of injury. Lasers target the pigment, not the actual hair, so dark pigment in the skin is more likely to absorb the laser’s energy. Plan ahead — you shouldn’t have laser hair removal done if you have a tan (and you should question anyone who is willing to do the treatment on you if you do). The brown pigment from your tan will be more likely to absorb the laser, leading to discoloration of your skin.

JerryLee

Postby JerryLee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 pm

The simplest involves the use of special preparation depilatory (hair removing) creams, which are available over the counter and will generally be effective for two to four weeks. This is straightforward and relatively cheap, being performed in the privacy of your own home.The other is laser treatment, involving three or four treatments spaced several weeks apart. This can be expensive and is not a permanent way to remove hair, but produces a good long lasting result for most patients.Sugaring (the use of a sugar paste) and waxing (using hot wax and strips of cotton material), which remove the hair by the roots and last for four to six weeks, are two of the most efficient and popular methods of hair removal for facial, abdominal and chest hair.

William Lawn

Postby William Lawn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:47 pm

True about lasers! You have to let your hair grow for at least 2 weeks prior to laser treatment. Yup, that means stubbly legs for a while, sorry.Prices vary dramatically depending on your geographic location and on the areas you want treated. It can take 3 to 5 treatments depending on the color of your hair, the laser used, and the area treated — in some instances, it can take 10 treatments to get satisfactory results. Try to negotiate a price for a complete treatment rather than paying for each individual session; it could save you money in the long run.

Mark007

Postby Mark007 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Be sure that the person operating the laser can tell you the following: what type of laser or device is being used; why it’s the best type of laser for your skin and what your risks are; what adverse outcomes they have had; how many treatments they expect you’ll need. Using the wrong laser or the wrong settings can lead to discoloration of your skin, failure of the laser to work, pain and redness, and even scarring.The laser actually explodes your hair follicles when it hits them, so treatments do hurt a little. It is often described as feeling like an elastic band being snapped against your skin. Ah, what we will endure for the sake of vanity.

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Ingrown hairs occur when the sharp end of coarse and thick hairs curl over and embed in the skin. While the condition is not serious, it can lead to secondary infections, scarring and discoloration of the skin. The condition usually occurs with hair removal techniques such as shaving. The symptoms of an ingrown hair include itching, irritation, small red bumps and inflammation. In mild cases of ingrown hairs, it may be possible to loosen the hair and release it from the skin. The ingrown hair is typically visible below the surface of the skin. Use a washcloth or soft brush when washing the face to loosen the hair from the skin.Over the counter depilatories can loosen the hair and release it from the skin. Apply the topical solution or cream to the affected area.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Oh, it depends.... Well if we talk about for example chest and legs (if you guys really want to do it...) then best of all will be to wax it of course. sure it is painful but... effective i guess. if we are talking about shaving - then shave. If we talk about genital removing hair, then I think the best way to do it is to go and get it waxed. It will take longer for it to come back. and for sure it will be much more PAINFUL!!!!!!!!! All in all i guess the best is waxing, the most expansive is lazer, but it is not painful and more effective. you are to choose.

Robb

Postby Robb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 pm

i do not like unshaved guys . there are some parts of my body which i shave regularly and there are those which i do not shave very often i can not tell you that i am a big fan of waxing but in the summer i just do not have another choice. it is very comfortable : you come through this procedure once in a month and you do not worry about hair. but i am dreaming about the laser epilation, of course it is not the most pleasant procedure and it costs a lot but you can forget about your hair for years. it is wonderful.

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi everybody here) As much as it would be nice to simply go in and get it done that day, different skin types, different hair coarseness, and other factors may have to be taken into account when considering the services for you. Let the doctor know any concerns, your pain tolerance, and make sure to get full instructions on what will be occurring. If you have heard something about laser procedures that your doctor hasn't mentioned, or about any aspect of the procedure, bring it up with your doctor to clarify it. Depending on the laser service, you may require more or less than the average number of sessions. Sessions may also be quite expensive. Make sure to work this out ahead of time.

Return to “Health & sex”