coming back after an injury

William Lawn

Re: coming back after an injury

Postby William Lawn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Getting injured sucks the big one, but all is not lost. Once the injury has been properly diagnosed and treated, sit down with your doctor and set a realistic time line for when you think you will be better.Then, be conservative. Work slowly toward that timeline and be patient, as most big injuries take at least six months to return to near normal. Do some research and find out what other people are going through. You're not alone and others have likely suffered far worse than what you're going through. Be strong to come back to sport and first think whether you need it at all

Mark007

Postby Mark007 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Many have gone on to achieve extremely high levels of performance after an injury – seek those people out and believe you can do it, too. YouTube, books, magazine articles, and the Internet are full of inspiring stories about the adversity that people have overcome. While it doesn't always happen, your body may just surprise you.Bottom line is, life will be good again. Use the mental toughness and determination that lifting has developed in you and apply that to your injury. Remain positive; remember those that helped you out, and you may just come out on the other side stronger and healthier than ever before.

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:00 pm

There is always a danger you could do too much, too early and aggravate rather than help the injury to get better. There are no hard and fast rules about how much you should do because it depends on type of injury and recovery. In some cases, light exercise can help get blood to the affected area and speed up healing. For want of any better advice, if you feel pain, it is a sign you might be pushing too early. If you can ride without pain, then it is a guide signal to begin lightly. During injury, some muscles will have wasted causing imbalances in the body. This can cause knock on injuries, due to over stretching other parts of the body. One thing I have noticed about recent injuries where I mainly landed on left hand side.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:21 pm

once when i were approximately ten years old i broke my leg and it sucked)) first of all because when you are ten and you are a boy - breaking legs is a nightmare. i was too active by the by and went even on one leg. and i do understand you, it is really difficult and tiring procedure. you have to be careful even after the doctor says it is okay. As for me the main part of recovering is the positive thinking. if you think positive - you'll get better very soon. that is why, throw away all the bad thoughts and recover. wish you all the best)

Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi guys) Injuries, employment, illness, classes, and even just laziness are all factors that can prevent us from continuing a fitness program. Although taking time away from intense programs every so often to recover can be beneficial, too much time away from the gym can cause complications. I personally find my first few lifts back into my routine to be the most frustrating lifts. I can’t lift the weight I usually can, I get tired faster than usual, and I often am sore for days afterward. I have realized that during my first few lifts after a break I often try to do too much. I walk into the gym with the mentality that I can pick up where I left off.

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi guys) 8-) 8-) There is always a danger you could do too much, too early and aggravate rather than help the injury to get better. There are no hard and fast rules about how much you should do because it depends on type of injury and recovery. In some cases, light exercise can help get blood to the affected area and speed up healing. For want of any better advice, if you feel pain, it is a sign you might be pushing too early. If you can ride without pain, then it is a guide signal to begin lightly. During injury, some muscles will have wasted causing imbalances in the body. This can cause knock on injuries, due to over stretching other parts of the body.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:41 am

i know what it is like when you can not do anything because of injury. i think that it is better to follow every word you doctor has told you,if he has said that you cannot get our of your bed then it is better to stay there. doctor knows better what you can do and what you cannot do. it is better to lie in the bed and relax. do not do anything that would be hard for you. recovery period may be really very long and you should be patient and wait till the moment you would fully recover. read books , watch movies and everything would be just great. good luck.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:49 am

this year i'll find out it with my son. three days ago he broke a eg, and he is ony two years old. that was a huge terror for all of us. I can not say it without tears in my eyes, cause to watch you child suffering from enourmous pain, hear the cries and shouting without any reaction... well, it is impossible. now we are in a hospital and the whole month have to be here, but then two months of reabiitation and i simply cannot imagine how should we do it.... It will be hard, but the main for me is to see my son healthy again!!!

Chase

Postby Chase » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:24 pm

definitely agree with you and i hope that every person understands it on his own that it is really needed to sleep a lot after the injury, do not overwhelm your organism and just relax all the time. i am sure that it is really possible and you may not worry about anything. let yourself spend a lot of time in bed, eat only healthy food and follow the balance diet , i think that you understand that it is really very important for your organism. and the most important thing is following doctor's advice. hope i have helped you with your problem and you would heal fast

florian

Postby florian » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:30 pm

If you have been cleared by your doctor and any other health care professional’s care you were under; it will be a slow and steady process. Not only does your body have to recover, but so does your mind. Participating in a sport-specific training program will help your body prepare and help prevent future injuries

Return to “Health & sex”