if you got a heatstroke

Mark007

Re: if you got a heatstroke

Postby Mark007 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

While football players who wear body-covering uniforms/equipment and practice in the hottest temperatures are especially prone to dehydration and heat stroke, all athletes are at risk in very high temperatures. Young athletes, in particular, are at higher risk for developing heat-related illness than adults because they absorb heat faster than adults, don't sweat as much and often don't "want" to drink fluids during exercise.Do your best to avoid heat illness by following these tips from the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine :Alert your coach or athletic trainer anytime you don’t feel well.Allow for acclimatization (adaptation) to hot, humid conditions. Gradually increase workout intensity and duration over a 10 to 14 day period. This helps train your body to drink more, increase blood volume and sweat better.Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing to help promote heat loss.Save strenuous exercise for early morning or late evening, not during the heat of the day. If this can’t be avoided, modify workout intensity and increase the number and length of rest breaks.

Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 am

wow, such a serious theme here. i feel lice a doctor trying to answer quite important questions of the patient))) If you’re experiencing symptoms that you’ve never had before, such as significant discomfort, then absolutely come into the emergency room and get it evaluated. As far as I know the first symptoms of heartatack are: Pain, pressure, or squeezing in your chest, particularly a little to the left side. Pain or pressure in your upper body like your neck, jawline, back, stomach, or in one or both of your arms (especially your left).Shortness of breath. Suddenly sweaty or clammy. Nausea or vomiting. Lightheaded. and the first you have to do is to call 911 or call the emergency. i also know severalrealy good exercises from yoga wich help when you recognized the atzck and for those who are interested I'd be glad to present them)

Daymont

Postby Daymont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 pm

In order to know what to do, you need to be able to recognize the warning signs of heatstroke (also called sunstroke). With heatstroke your vital organs shut down. ... Until the ambulance arrives, cool the person off as best you can. If they can walk and it’s not far, get them into air-conditioning. Otherwise, have them lie down in the shade. Take off all but their underclothes. 8-) 8-) Spray or bathe them with cool water and fan them. If the person is unconscious, place them on their side so their tongue won’t impede their airway. Even if available, there’s a debate about whether someone with heatstroke should soak in a tub of ice water.

Robb

Postby Robb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:55 am

it is a very severe disease and you should better care about your health. the risk of heat-related illness dramatically increases when the heat index climbs to 90 degrees or more. so it's important - especially during heat waves -- to pay attention to the reported heat index, and also to remember that exposure to full sunshine can increase the reported heat index by 15 degrees. infants and children up to age 4, and adults over age 65, are particularly vulnerable because they adjust to heat more slowly than other people. that is everything what i may tell you about it.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:15 am

fortunately i haven's such an experience and do not know how does it feel, but i remeber the first symptoms and medical aid from colleage. The sighns of atack are: face drooping on one side, like a lopsided smile, trouble walking, weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, particularly on one side of the body, confusion, like you can’t think clearly or do something you can normally do, slurred speech, tongue doesn't work on one side, severe, sudden headache. If you or somebody out of your family felt it then you have to call the emergency.

Danny Mitchell

Postby Danny Mitchell » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Being out of shape or overweight, drinking alcohol before exercising, using certain supplements that contain ephedrine, having a fever, or wearing too much, heavy clothing all these can be reason for heat stroke. The symptoms of heatstroke can develop over several days or even over several hours.

Chase

Postby Chase » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 am

hope i would never need your pieces of advice , but still i think that it is needed to know it because we all have to be ready for it. we all have to follow general rules of prevention heart stroke. drink extra fluids. to prevent dehydration, it's generally recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water, fruit juice, or vegetable juice per day. because heat-related illness also can result from salt depletion, it may be advisable to substitute an electrolyte-rich sports drink for water during periods of extreme heat and humidity. that is it

florian

Postby florian » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:45 pm

The primary treatment for heat exhaustion is to rest in a shady spot or, better, an air-conditioned room, and to drink cool (not icy) fluids. You can lower core body temperature by immersing yourself in cold water or spraying yourself with cold water and fanning. Water is usually enough to reverse dehydration, but you can also drink a sports drink that contains electrolytes.

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Oh, my Gosh if to be honest I do not even want to think about having such a thing... :cry: :cry: :cry: ANd I do not really know the right actions what to do when one suddenly feel something like this.. so... If you have the ideas and i do see that here are those who knows something about it, I'd be really greatful for such important info.. It is dangerous! :!: :!:

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Getting a heatstroke can be rather dangerous for our health, you know :o :shock: :? :| :!: You can have a lot of serious results after getting a headstroke. Sometimes they can be not so serious and sometimes it can cause a lot of harm and deseases, you can feel really bad, by the way, you can have a horrible headache. So better stay at home when it is extrimly hot and stuffy.

Return to “Health & sex”