if your child is lying

franky

Re: if your child is lying

Postby franky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:33 pm

I don’t know what to do when a child begin to lie. Maybe it is good idea to talk with him or her about this. I think I will try to choose some cartoons which show how bad it is to lie. Also I will read him or her some fairytales stories which teach young children that they should be honest. I will not discuss this theme with a child. However I will try to show him what can happen with a person who lies. I think cartoons, movies for kids and fairytale stories will be the most useful to deal with such a bad habit. Maybe my method will be useful for somebody))

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 pm

I think when a child lies it hurts firstly parents. But it's our life and such things happen. We can't do anything with it, but we can react to such situations and try to prevent them. Fairytales and cartoons are good examples of what we can do. But they won't help when our kids are outside our homes with their peers. So, to my mind, it's necessary to find a common language at first, listen to the "truth of a child". Such approach will help to make right conclusions and make correct dicision how to handle the situation. One more very important thing is it is necessary to be a role model for your child. I think parents sholudn't lie to their children and in such a way they will teach them how to live honestly and clearly!
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:21 am

As I know - the lie is a preventive reaction. the child afraid of the consequenses that the truth might have - and covers this truth. I think it is important to teach the child to carry responsibility for its actions first of all - and to think before doing something. And if something bad happened - not to be too hard on the kid. I mean - not to be clumsy and to let it pass as if it never happened - but not to try to put the feeling of guilt on the child. Then the kid will understand that there is no point to lie to you .And it was written correct about the pathological lying - as the consequence of the constant raising of the guilt feeling in the childhood.

Damien

Postby Damien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:05 pm

If you noticed that your child lies you should do something immediately! First of all, try not to lie by yourself. Children always think about their parents as the role models, that's why they may think that lying is a good thing! Also it is important to explain that he is free to say everything but he should be responsible for all he says and does! Try to find the reason of such a behavior and don't forget to talk to your baby!

Robb

Postby Robb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

you can not avoid child's lie. every child at the certain period of his life would lie you. and it does not mattter whether he is well bred or not. but whether he would lie in the future and think that that it is normal depends on you. you have to show him with your example that it is bad to lie people. it is better to tell the truth and know that you have done everything right. try not to shout at your child when he is lying, talk to him, explain it to him that it is bad and he shall tell the truth even if it is not something pleasant.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:53 pm

If your child lies there is nothing good. But also it is important to notice it as early as possible because lie can be different at different age. When your child becomes older, lie becomes more serious and it’ll be very difficult to do something with that! First of all you should know the reason why your child lies. For example, when children are 3-4 years old they can lie because of your voice tone. So, you shouldn’t speak angrily otherwise you’ll scare your child and in order to avoid troubles he will lie! Children from 4 to 7 often lie because they like to imagine things and the difference between the reality and their imagination is not clear enough. But older children lie intentionally that is why it is necessary to talk, set restrictions and follow your own behavior!

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Lies in the early age is the psychological mechanism of self defence. It helps the kid to avoid the consequences of some of their actions. In order to avoid that habit, you need to approach with understanding to all the mistakes and flaws that may occur. Those, that parents usually reprimand their kids for. You should not tell the kid "If you do that again, I will spank you".. Try to start from "If you do that again, I will be really sad..". And if the kid loves you, it will never want you to be sad. that is the best way, that does not work with all the kids, unfortunately. You must teach your kid to trust you, then there will be no point in lying.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Joshua wrote:Children from 4 to 7 often lie because they like to imagine things and the difference between the reality and their imagination is not clear enough.

Well I think there is distinctive difference between the children fantasies and what we call "lie". Lie is the act of the deliberate falsification of the truth. We do not call our dreams or fantasies with the word "lie", dont we? So if the kid is imagining that he saw a hobbit in the woods, and he does believe it himself, that is a fantasy, not quite the lie. Lie is something more egoistic, a tool that we use to achieve something for ourselves. Children are lying to avoid spanking, reprimands and other tools of parental domination over them. Lie is always dictated by the fear. The fear of the truth. It is important to teach the kid not to be afraid of the truth.

florian

Postby florian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:43 pm

As it was said in one movie "Everybody lies"). You aim is to show your kid that truth is more better in solving problems. Of course when he will became a grown-up he will understand where the lie is necessary. But when he is a kid teach him to tell true. Punish him more for the lie than for his fault in something.

Chase

Postby Chase » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:02 pm

i think that every parent faces such a problem when his child is lying and he can not do anything with it. but i think that we can and even have to fight with it because if we do not pay any attention to it hen child would continue doing it and will always lie to you. i hope that you understand the problem nd will do anything with it. the simplest and the best way i think is to talk to you child. you have to explain to him what is good and what is bad and that it is very bad to ta lie to the parents nd to other people. it is better to tell the truth than to lie

Return to “Fathers’ section”