if your child is lying

Harry

Re: if your child is lying

Postby Harry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 am

i think that it happens with all of the children when their child is lying but i think that it si the role of the parents , which is very important in the child's life. i think hat you have to understand when the child is lying and have to tell him that it is very bad to lie. you have to explain to him that it is not good , you have to tell about your feelings when your child is lying and i think that it would help you to improve the behaviour of your child. but if you would not react on it the i think that your child would be lying more and more and you would not be able to stop it when he would be an adult or teenager. that is what think bout it.

Ken1

Postby Ken1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Catching your child in a lie does not mean he is bound to be a sociopath. Lying is just one of many ways children explore the world and the reactions/expectations of others. Lying is learned through trial and error.For example, Matty told a lie that kept him from getting into trouble, so he learns that lying could protect him. His not getting into trouble reinforced the likelihood that he will get into trouble. However, anything learned can also be unlearned. Lying is no different.Reinforcement goes both ways. Matty's lying was reinforced because he avoided trouble. On the contrary, a child telling the truth but still getting into trouble can actually be reinforced to lie in the future.

Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:38 pm

If the growing-up child began to deceive the parents, most likely, he ceased to trust them or just is afraid of negative reaction to offense. It is very important to it to know that you won't begin to abuse it. Show discontent with an act of the child, but not to them as the personality. What to do. If the lie became for the child a habit, you shouldn't be reconciled with it. Have with it a heart-to-heart talk, without accusations and irritability: "Let's agree that you will tell me that you made something not so. You be not afraid. I will try to become angry not really and I will be very glad that you told me the truth". Surely keep the promise even if the child makes something really terrifying.

JinHo

Postby JinHo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Children's lies can be fun, but most often indicates a deeper problem that cannot be ignored. Children sooner or later learn to lie. Everyone lies, but some more often than others – usually those who are not confident. Child lies to avoid punishment or add to his worth in the eyes of peers or elders. What to do with it? Always stressed how important honesty in your family. Tell the child that you appreciate when people tell the truth and then get upset when you lie!!! Praise the child for his honesty. It is better to teach him not to lie, than to constantly punish for minor offenses. Good luck in this not easy, but doable! ;) ;) ;)

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Hello everybody here friends!!I am a new person on this website and I also would like to share with you my experience as for this.As I know the most common cause of children's lies – fear of parent shout or punishment. When the child understood that because of the broken toy a parent will swear ,will deprive of some sweet, will stand in the corner, won't let on the street, next time in such situation he will tell lies.What to do. If the lie became for the child a habit, you shouldn't be reconciled with it. Have with it a heart-to-heart talk, without accusations and irritability: "Let's agree that you will tell me that you made something not so. You be not afraid. I will try to become angry not really and I will be very glad that you told me the truth". Surely keep the promise even if the offspring made something really terrifying.I hope that my comment will help you friends))

Ray00

Postby Ray00 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:10 am

i think that almost all children are lying and you will not do anything with it, i think that it is really a very big problem and you understand it without me. in any case i hope that you are able to see whether your child is lying or not and then you will solve this problem, i do not know whether it will be helpful to talk to your child about it but i think that it may be very helpful and you may try it , if you child understands that he is lying and it is very bad then he will not do it then. of course you shall not hit your child because of it because i do not think that it will help at all, everything will be alright if you find the perfect approach.

Mr.Rich

Postby Mr.Rich » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello everybody and everyone here friends))I am glad to see all of you here today))So I hope you have nice mood today for our conversation))So I think that if our child is lying so it is really bad and we as parents should prevent it in any cases!I think that we should tell the child that very much you appreciate when people tell the truth, and very much you are upset when he is lying. You praise the child for honesty. It is better to teach him not to lie, than to punish constantly for small offenses. Good luck to you in this hard, but quite feasible business!

PatrikMilleur

Postby PatrikMilleur » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi all! A very complex topic! Children are our happiness! It is bad when they lie! Why not just come up with our kids! Their imagination is limitless. ;) :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: The most common reason children lie is a fear of a parent yelling or punishment. :shock: :? :oops: :cry: If lying has become a habit for Chad, it is not necessary to put up with it . Talk to him heart to heart, without accusations and anger. ;) ;) ;) It is important that your child trusted you!!!! ;)

ANdreF37

Postby ANdreF37 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am

The lie of the child is the signal which he sends to his parents. After all, he's not going to lie, if everything in his life in order. It is important to understand why the child is lying!!! Understand this, you can understand why children lie. Because the child is lying it is not because doesn't love his parents or not respecting them. And not because his moral values are weak. There are many different external reasons that push a child to lie. The lies and manipulation. It's a lie, to which the child uses for self-affirmation. Or Lie out of fear. The kid's lying because he is afraid of punishment! ;)

Mark27

Postby Mark27 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi everybody and everyone here friends!!)) I am really happy to greet all of you here today)) How are you doing guys?? Are you in a good mood today?? I hope :P :P So of course lying is very bad and we will be really good parents if we prevent it in the early childhood!! I agree that we should prevent it in any cases!I think that we should tell the child that very much you appreciate when people tell the truth, and very much you are upset when he is lying. You praise the child for honesty. It is better to teach him not to lie, than to punish constantly for small offenses.!!More than agree guys!!

Return to “Fathers’ section”