if your child is lying

Stefan

Re: if your child is lying

Postby Stefan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm

i think that almost all the children are lying, you know and even if you raise your child in the best way and your child is really very kind and knows all the rules and everything like that i think that sometimes he still may lie you because children are afraid sometimes of their parents and of their reaction, maybe they do not want to upset their parents, i think that there may be lots of reasons for that but i think that you shall understand that you shall not close your eyes on it, in my opinion you shall realise that it is a very important thing and you shall pay lots of attention to it and make everything in order your child not lie you in the future. that is what i think about it.

Gregory

Postby Gregory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Usually, small children begin to tell lies at about the age of three - at which time they are actively developing speech and imagination. Child psychologists who have been studying the problem of children's lies for decades have said that the first unconscious deception that "the candy that was given out after breakfast swept away the mouse" is not a reason to sound an alarm, on the contrary, it is a sign that your child is getting older. But to leave such fictions without attention, too, is not worth it, otherwise they can gradually develop into a habit of telling lies. Most parents, faced with childish deception, rush to punish the little liar in the hope that he will no longer tell lies. You cannot do this in any case! Afraid of punishment, the child will only become locked in him, learn to cunning and dodge. Fortunately, there are many effective ways to wean a child to tell lies. All of them are aimed at ensuring that your relationship with the child is calm and trustworthy. Then the need to deceive will disappear by itself. The game - a wonderful way to clearly explain to the baby that it is not true to say lies. Agree with your baby that he will be a true rabbit, and you are a cunning fox. Offer your "bunny" to exchange a wrapper from under the chocolate for his new toy. Say that the wrap is good, but nobody needs a toy. Children certainly will not arrange the terms of exchange.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 am

Recognize why younger children lie. In early childhood development, children have not been impacted and guided by the social mores of right and wrong, good and bad. A fibbing child at this age is doing so to either appease an adult, exaggerate a story to impress someone, or because they have forgotten something. The child may not even be aware that he has done anything wrong. Accept that lying is a modifiable behavior. Catching your child in a lie does not mean he is bound to be a sociopath. Lying is just one of many ways children explore the world and the reactions/expectations of others. Lying is learned through trial and error.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Praise truth-telling. How you respond to lying in the moment often determines whether your child will keep up the behavior. While you shouldn't overlook episodes of lying, try to avoid demonstrating anger or frustration with your young child. Doing so may inadvertently cause the behavior to continue. Instead, focus more on situations when you notice your child being truthful. Highlight the positives associated with being honest and congratulate your child on her honesty. Use words like "awesome", "excellent", or "great job" when praising your child for telling the truth. Always be clear about what you are praising your child for so that she knows which behaviors result in positive consequences.

George86

Postby George86 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 am

Wow to be honest before this certain conversation I was absolutely confused about this question and what to do in such situations. Here I have found the right advice that I might teach the importance of honesty through stories. Use stories as a way to reinforce the benefits of being truthful. Most children's stories have a moral that can be discussed. Use your child's reading time to outline the significance of telling the truth by pointing out the consequences in different characters' lives for either lying or being honest and doing the right thing. I liked it, thank you so much)))))

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Noticing a pattern of lying in your child can be a frustrating and frightening experience. You wonder if your parenting has caused your child to develop this unhealthy behavior. You secretly worry if your child will become an adult pathological liar. Rest assured, lying is a common and normal part of childhood development. Still, there are strategies you can apply to keep the lying at bay. Recognize why younger children lie. In early childhood development, children have not been impacted and guided by the social mores of right and wrong, good and bad. A fibbing child at this age is doing so to either appease an adult, exaggerate a story to impress someone, or because they have forgotten something. The child may not even be aware that he has done anything wrong.

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 am

when a child lies it hurts firstly parents. But it's our life and such things happen. We can't do anything with it, but we can react to such situations and try to prevent them. Fairytales and cartoons are good examples of what we can do. But they won't help when our kids are outside our homes with their peers.
So, to my mind, it's necessary to find a common language at first, listen to the "truth of a child". Such approach will help to make right conclusions and make correct dicision how to handle the situation. One more very important thing is it is necessary to be a role model for your child.

Ford

Postby Ford » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 am

The other thing is why do they lie and how should you behave in such situations. Well sure if you are sure that the child lies. Child lies because we lie. Sometimes we tell lies to our children.
So do not be surprised then. Don't walk your child into a lie. Sometimes, adults make the error of putting children into tight situations in which they are tempted to lie. I mean sometimes we are the reason children lie. SO first of all we should stat looking at ourselves. Then we can damand something from our children.

Gilbert

Postby Gilbert » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

If your child started lying so maybe he caught in bad company. It happens usually in their teenagers years. If you want to prevent both you and your baby from such destroying things you might control the life of your baby, but in a clear way. Here I mean that you should find out everything about life of your baby from him not from other people. You might be the first friend for him but not someone else. Of course friends it is always good but in the case if they don't make your baby to change in a bad sight. You also might teach your baby by your own experience.

Herbert

Postby Herbert » Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am

This is a bitter truth, I know that many people are not ready to hear this. They come to a psychologist and wait for him to dig into their psyche and find a thousand reasons for their personal misfortunes in the childhood of the patient, in his relatives, in his psychotype, if only not in himself. Taking responsibility is a courageous act, but it should not in any case lead you into a series of self-accusations: "oh, I'm so bad, I'm to blame myself, how terrible, worthless, etc."No, this should serve as an impetus to metamorphosis, self-development, to be embodied in the intention: "Yes, I am such and such, I have such and such problems and myself are responsible for this, but that's why I can fix it myself and will make certain Steps".

Return to “Fathers’ section”