Children with special needs

Damien

Children with special needs

Postby Damien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:20 am

Don't you think that every kid is specill? I really think so. But what do peoplemean when they say "kids with special needs"? I think they talk about any kid who might need extra help because of a medical, emotional, or learning problem.But our society is rather cruel sometimes that is why for this kids it is so difficult to live there. I'm going to adopt a baby and I know that I can adopt one of such child. Should I do it? Do you have any experience in it? I really think about adopting such a kid so help me please!

Andreas_Maroon

Re: Children with special needs

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:14 am

A person with the special needs - is a modern term that is used for people with limited physical abilities, as well as with some mental diseases. If you want to adopt the kid with that kid of "heritage" - I advice you to think twice. And then the third time. And then to leave that idea at all. Ask yourself - why would you do that, first of all, what motivates you. If you think that makes you look like "Mother Theresa" - leave this idea at once. All the kids need love and attention - both healthy - and the ones with special needs. But a healthy child will bring the happiness in your life - and will experience the same happiness. You will be able to understand him. And you will never have the same kind of life with a kid that is seriously ill. That is very very sad - I am agree with you.. But that does not mean that you must make yourself a kind of a "martyr". that is my humble opinion - since the topic is pretty much controversial. Any other opinions?

Damien

Postby Damien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:55 pm

I want to say thank you for your advice. I don't want to be a kind of "Mother Theresa". But I really feel a kind of pain because of such children. They are left by their parents, they have difficulties with their health and they feel that nobody wants them. And it is really very sad. I understand how it is difficult to have such a baby. But I just think if I was in such situation! I would like to have such a person who could support me and understand! Moreover, such children really appreciate those people who decided to adopt them and they are really very grateful for it. So, I don't know what to do but I really think that I will try!

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Of course it is very difficult when in your family is a child with special needs. But it doesn't mean that you should send him to a special centre. You love and care can help here. But if you feel that you're able to come through it you should adopt such a kid. Also it is important to have such people who understand, support and share your point of view!

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:17 pm

the first sentence of this topic reminded me of George Carlyn's performance about "every child being special". Oh, how hard did I laugh on that one! the guy really knows how to get to the point of every problem - you should google that performance. Speaking on the topic. I confess to myself straight and honestly - I would not have enough strength and courage to adopt the kid with special needs. some people like to brag that they would - but i do not believe that. That is a commitment that will last all your life. You will probably not see grand kids. I am just being honest with myself. And I do not even want to think of the situations, when you have your own kid born crippled...

V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:30 pm

I remember that stand-up from Carlin as well, about the kids) I remember another one though, abut the way the modern society deals with the words. "People with special needs" is the same type of people that were called "cripples" in the beginning of XX century. Indeed, we always try the things to sound more smooth despite of the terrible nature of the things that these words describe. I am very sorry for all those couples who's kids were born with defects of any kind.. And I never blame them for the things they do afterwards. When they reject the kids. there are many people who denounce such decisions, especially among the Christians. Despite that it is written in the Bible that one should not denounce.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:20 am

V_Vegas wrote:I am very sorry for all those couples who's kids were born with defects of any kind.

Yes dude, me too. And I dont know what I do feel more towards them.. When I see a couple with the kid possessing the Down syndrome, for example. I am not sure - if I admire their courage, or that I feel pity for them... And that is a tricky thing about feeling pity here. When you have that feeling towards the parents ( and that is the way I do feel), it kind'a puts you into the position of putting the blame on the kid himself and excluding him from the equation. I know that is a bad thing, but what can I do if my heart really feels that? I hope I will never get to the situation of that kind.. Though in the case of gay couples, I think this is quite improbable.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:When I see a couple with the kid possessing the Down syndrome, for example.

I knew people who were in that situation. They were a heterosexual couple, friends of my friends actually, so I saw them only once. I would never ask them such an embarrassing question. Buy I was a witness of the dialogue, where they told why they decided to leave the child. They said that this is their child, no matter what. And they love him, and they accepted this commitment as a way to bring some good in this world instead of spreading sorrow. And their kid was really nice boy, despite his flaw... I think they are planning to have more kids. they have the way out in this case, by having another kid.. I do not know how I would act on their place.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:18 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:I knew people who were in that situation.

What a brave couple! I am sure that they planning more kids, and I hope that other ones will be healthy. This is a difficult question, and in older times these questions had much more brutal answers. In the Germany, when NSDAP were at power. They simply exterminated all the people with such flaws. That is monstrous and terrible, without a doubt. But when to think about it.. These people will never be humans in the full sense of the word. They will not be able to create anything, to bring any kind of the beauty in this world, and no profit to the human kind at all. Anyway, I am glad that we are not living in the times of nazi. I would not be able to handle that.

Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:That is monstrous and terrible, without a doubt.

This is a very controversial question. The question of the same kinda s the euthanasia. The society that is based on the principles of Christianity and humanist failed to give answers on these questions. It will be rude to say.. But it is our good that people with mental diseases (in the most cases at least) do not have kids.. else way we would have to look for the answer in the works and methods of Hitler and Mengele. For now all we can do - is to make these poor people feel themselves happy, even in the state that they exist in. This couple that I was speaking about, I really do admire them, but, as I said, I would never want to be on their place.

Return to “Fathers’ section”