How to teach a child to put his toys on the right places?

JohnBrown

Re: How to teach a child to put his toys on the right places?

Postby JohnBrown » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I think less toys mean less overwhelming choices, less tidying, less clutter, less things going missing. More calm, more play space, more easy access to the things you really love, more play time. And of course you can separate all toys of your child into boxes (e.g. a box for farms, one for tea sets) and try to only get one box out at a time, then tidy away before getting out a new one. Hope it will help.

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:24 pm

I think it is pretty easy - but demands patience and persistence. It can be said about pretty much anything in the child raising, isnt it?:) You need to ask him for that once, twice, if it will be necessary, 5 times - and then to reprimand - and to tell him that if he is going to leave the toy not on its proper place again - he will never see it any more! Sounds rude and cruel,doesnt it? well - you can put it another way. "Tommy, you left your superman figure on the kitchen again! when I was cleaning the kitchen - i found it, and superman said to me that he is offended - and if you are going to do this again - he is going to fly away!")

JohnDow

Postby JohnDow » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:57 am

Sometimes children can be a mess. That is totally true. But the most important is what comes next :) You should remember that you should be flexible. If your child is building a block metropolis, or has not yet finished a tricky puzzle and wants to continue it the next day, allow him to set those projects aside. Do not let "I'm not done!" rule the room, but do respect your child's desire to keep at it. You might keep a special corner or table for projects-in-progress. And do not expect perfection, and make sure to heap lots of praise on your child for what he can do. Just appreciative :D

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Fortunately, I have not yet faced this problem, as I am not a parent yet, you see :shock: :o It is a very popular problem with small children, when they do not want to put their toys on the right places ;) ;) Parents should know how better to explain their children that they behave not in a propper way.But sometimes children have really horrible charachter, so it is impossible to explain them anything.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:36 pm

of course i think that all of is understand that it is very important to put the toys on the rigt place, because if you would not teach the child to do it then you would have to do it on your own and you would never make the child t do it. that is why you have understand that you have to spend really a lot of time on it if you do not want to have any problems with it later. even if you have to be strict wth your child, then i think that it is better to be strict then it is better to be strict than suffer all your life because of it. that is what i thnk about it. i wish you good luck and everything the best. hope that you would do it.

Ken1

Postby Ken1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:21 pm

if you ask for help, and at the same time I try to invent something interesting like "Bear is keen on a chair to get up from the floor, but it cannot and we should help." Or "Paints wants to go back to their house- they are tired" it almost always works. Of course, it happens that you say, you say, and your baby doesn’t react and eve starts to misbehave. In this case, I have warned a child calmly that if once again he scatters his papers, drawings or albums specifically, it means he doesn’t need them, and then I will throw them. Honestly it worked. Try it and maybe it will help. The main thing is to include your imagination and make the cleaning process interesting!

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:55 pm

I am absolutely agree with you that almost all child love to throw their toys all over the room. And when you askthem to put them on their places they just turns and go to another room, as they do not want to do anything or begin to do something else. And you should learn him puting toys back on their places, maybe give some examples that good children do so :? :? :?

JinHo

Postby JinHo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm

To teach a child to clean the toys is very difficult! You can buy a nice box! You can make boxes for toys with your child! Put your toys together! Do it in the evening! Come up with a story for a child: each toy has a home! ;) ;) ;) Always bring an order home!!!! The child will take an example from you! Show your child by example how to clean, where to put things in order where to hang things, how to sort toys into boxes and stack the books on the shelves ;) ;) Teach your child to cherish and love your stuff!

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:56 pm

if you will do it right from the childhood then i do not think that it will be very hard for you to do it if your child would know that he has definitely to put his toys on the right place then he will definitely do it and he will wait until you say it to him, but if you have not talked to him about it , then i think that he will never do it and i tell you t for sure because i know it from my own epxerience. and in addition to it , i think that you shall also show your child a positive example and show that you are also doing it and he does not have to do it alone. that is what i think about it. wish you good luck. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello everybody and everyone here!!))How are you? :lol: :lol: It is necessary to teach the child on own example, and, therefore, parents have to keep the things in an order. At such age as 3 years children like to repeat everything after parents. To begin to put toys on the right place it is better together with the child. Let in the first day the child will clean one toy, and all of you the others, then more and more toys are cleaned by your kid, there won't come day yet that he will clean all toys itself, your presence. Late he also will already get along with this deal.

Return to “Fathers’ section”