How to wean a baby to sleep with parents?

Damien

How to wean a baby to sleep with parents?

Postby Damien » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:10 pm

In many families for a long time a child sleeps with his parents. There are many pros and cons of this approach, and there are several polar views on the admissibility and importance of sharing a night's sleep. However, even if the baby from birth sleeps with his parents, there comes a time when it needs to be converted into a bed. It is important to make the transition invisible to the child, so as not to create a stressful situation for him. But how to make the transition painless?

Adam

Re: How to wean a baby to sleep with parents?

Postby Adam » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:25 pm

To make the weaning process free of stresses for the child you should do everything gradually. Try initially put him to sleep in his bed, but it can be put in the bedroom near you. Then, when the baby gets used to sleep quietly, the crib can be attributed to the nursery, if there is any. Went to bed, keep the kid by the hand, be with him until he falls asleep. As a method of weaning your baby sleep with you, you can use his favorite toy, which is necessary to put between you and the child. Toy will be the embodiment of a kind of barrier between you and the baby, he gradually begins to get used to it. Very often during accustoming children to sleep alone, they often acquire different fears. At these moments, it is recommended for some time (a few days) to sleep with the baby in his room until he gets used to the new environment and realizes that he is safe.

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:24 pm

To wean the baby to sleep near his parents you need gradually. Preferably, this process is to start in two to three years. Just at this age, there is a crisis of independence, when your child wants to be independent, and, increasingly, repeats: "I myself" .If grown-up kid does not intend to go to bed, he sleeps in the parents' bed - reading stories, perform other rituals before going to bed who wound up in the family, and then transferred to the sleeping child in his bed. This can be considered a good method, if it does not have very violent reaction in the morning because the absence of parents, and therefore would not have stress. No matter what situation may be, you must always listen to your child and his feelings. This is how you choose the optimal strategy of how to wean the baby to sleep with you.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 pm

At first, the baby has to learn to sleep alone in the afternoon. To do this, prepare him a nice bed. Do not spare money for a night light, made in the form of a fairy-tale hero, quality bedding things. Many children cannot sleep separately because they are cold. Try to heat the bed before sleep. Show perseverance. Every time when the baby wakes up and runs in your bed, take him back, not talking. Show that you sleep at night and you care about its desire to eat, play, talk. Remember, kids will be hard to do everything to make you give up and took them in their need to rapidly resettle bed. Don’t crumbs in a separate room immediately. Please ask him to sleep in the crib, which will be close to your bed.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:09 pm

I think a baby should not sleep with his parents even if it has just born. I suppose it should sleep in his own bad. So that there will not be any stressful situations in his life and in his parent's life. But if a child sleeps together with his parents you should learn hom to sleep alone not at once, but step by step. That will be more right.

Easton

Postby Easton » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:21 pm

i think that you will never do it in one day, it will take you several weeks. :!: :!: i now that a lot of children do not want to sleep separately because they are afraid of something. you just have to prepare your baby for sleeping separately. talk a lot about it , tell that it is very important to sleep alone for children, he shall be independent and so on. make him sure that you will be always with him and if something happens he may always come and everything would be alright. tell him that he has nothing to worry about and i am sure that in such a way your child would even want to sleep alone. :) :) :)

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 pm

If the baby was sleeping with you, and now it's time to teach him to be independent, have patience. And most importantly - be coherent. To start you can put his crib in the bedroom next to his, to wean the baby gradually. After about two weeks, when he will get used to, move the bed in the far corner of the room. When placing it in there, talk to him even, calm voice. Under no circumstances you can’t scream at your child - even if you are very tired. When child gets used to sleep in his bed, it can be rearranged in the nursery, if it exists. Place the baby, sit next to him, hold it by the hand and wait until he falls asleep. At first you will need more time, but soon you child will sleep alone.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:13 am

I thinkk parentts should leave their child sleeping in his own bed from his very birth. I think children should not sleep with their parent. They should have their own personal space from the very childhood :!: :!: :roll: :shock: So that also parents do not ask such questions like this. So try maybe put your child in his bad during the day for some time and stay with him :idea: :idea: :!:

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:46 pm

Kids are kids and you cannot know what they think especialy when these kids are still babies. :D :D Small kids need the warmth of a human body, of the person, who carries about himand who oves him and it is understandable, that when you kid sees you realy want to go to your arms. accept it. it is understandable thing to happen. ;) ;)

Williams

Postby Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 pm

i think that it may be really very hard because if your child got used to sleep with your then he would not want to live in the other room or to sleep without you. it would be very hard for his understanding. sometimes he may be scared to sleep alone and it is normal. i think that you shall not shout at the child when he is scared of being alone and sleeping alone. try to convince him that it is not scary at all and he does no have the reasons to worry about . you will be always together with him and he may sleep with you at any time he wants. i hope that you have understood me right. i wish you good luck. :? :? :? :?

Return to “Fathers’ section”