How to wean a baby to sleep with parents?

Nicolaus

Re: How to wean a baby to sleep with parents?

Postby Nicolaus » Sat May 27, 2017 1:11 pm

it is better not to start sleeping with your child and i hope that you will understand it, of course I know that maybe for you it would be a problem and everything like that but on the other hand i can tell you that it is better because after you will not have any problems, i know that a lot of parents like sleeping with their children and the tell that it is very comfortable but then your child would have stress because it will be hard for him or hr to sleep alone i know that maybe i am not right and all children are different but it is my own opinion about it, and i think that it is definitely right, thank you.

GeorgeH

Postby GeorgeH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Ohh is this kind of annoying to you?! would like to tell me why is it so...? Because...personally I have the greatest pleasure when I have the chance to sleep next to my lovely kid.. :) and it is definitely the most exciting and thrilling moment from all I could ever have... but if you are struggling with something, or for instance, the "sleeping together" (the ritual which can be called like this) becomes more and more often, then definitely it is harder to get the understanding that you are into something special at all :roll: but I assume that it will be better to have the serious but kind and sincere talk with the child.

Stewart

Postby Stewart » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 pm

I am glad to write here for you here today. How are y you feeling today? Everything is okey??? It is really very important to know what methods to choose because sometimes it is difficult to wean a baby to sleep. So I liked that as a method of weaning your baby sleep with you, you can use his favorite toy, which is necessary to put between you and the child. Toy will be the embodiment of a kind of barrier between you and the baby, he gradually begins to get used to it. also it possible to use some light lamps or something like this...

Jack100

Postby Jack100 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

I also think over this question, I read several articles about it, but I haven't found something usefull for me. I think it should be made step by step. It is very important to do such thing in time, but if you'll miss this time, then you wouldn't do it for several years. I think that a baby should sleep in her bad since her birth, then you wouldn't have problems.

DavidSt

Postby DavidSt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:29 am

I think that it is a great problem of many people. And I am also the one who has such problem. I also face with this situation and I don't know what to do, but recently I read one article about it. It was said, that the only way out is to provide yourself with a great patience and try to put your child into his bad as more times a it should.

Adam31

Postby Adam31 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 pm

I think that many people do such wrong thing as sleeping their child with them, and than, when it's time for the children to sleep in their own beds, they face a real problem, because their children refuse to sleep without their parents. To tell you the truth, I am one of such parents. And if to be honest, I also don't know how to wean my child to sleep with us((((((((((((

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 pm

The unswear to this question is very important for me to. I and my husband don't know what to do. Every time when we put our child into her own bed, she awakes and start crying. I don't really sure what to do, but I think that we should be patient and do it as many times as it will be needed, till the time our baby would sleep alone.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Co-sleeping is often a wonderful bonding experience for new babies and their parents. However, co-sleeping must come to an end at some point. Here are several steps that will guide you through the process of weaning your child from sleeping in your bed. Talk to your baby about the transition. Read him books about babies and children who sleep through the night. Talk about how happy it makes Mommy and Daddy when he sleeps until morning. Make a point to emphasize that daytime is for playing and having fun, while nighttime is for sleeping and relaxing. Remember to reinforce every little step he makes with praise. Place a mattress or crib right next to your bed. If possible, use an elevated baby crib that can turn into a daybed. It is best if the crib is the same height as your mattress. If using a mattress, place it on the floor next to your bed, as it would be dangerous to place your baby on a bed if she is old enough to roll. Start placing your baby in the crib or on her own mattress for nap time. After rocking her to sleep, place her in her own bed. When she wakes up and cries, pick her up and soothe her, reinforcing the idea that you are still there and she is safe.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 am

Talk to your baby about the transition. Read him books about babies and children who sleep through the night. Talk about how happy it makes Mommy and Daddy when he sleeps until morning. Make a point to emphasize that daytime is for playing and having fun, while nighttime is for sleeping and relaxing. Remember to reinforce every little step he makes with praise. Place a mattress or crib right next to your bed. If possible, use an elevated baby crib that can turn into a daybed. It is best if the crib is the same height as your mattress. If using a mattress, place it on the floor next to your bed, as it would be dangerous to place your baby on a bed if she is old enough to roll. Start placing your baby in the crib or on her own mattress for nap time. After rocking her to sleep, place her in her own bed. When she wakes up and cries, pick her up and soothe her, reinforcing the idea that you are still there and she is safe.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Gradually begin to move the bed or crib away from your bed while continuing each night to reassure him that you are right next to him. By repeating this process you will be able to move the crib into his own room when he grows used to sleeping apart. When you have moved her bed to her own room, lie down with her while she falls asleep. Rub her back and make sure she knows you are there. Eventually she will begin to fall asleep more quickly each night. When your baby wakes up during the night, hold her hand and soothe her, but do not let her come back into your own bed. Eventually she will grow comfortable with her own room knowing that you will soothe her if she needs comfort.

Return to “Fathers’ section”