How to instill in children a love of reading?

GeorgeH

Re: How to instill in children a love of reading?

Postby GeorgeH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:42 am

Hey I see you are into the theme too. as a father of the little son, I would say that I agree definitely that it is kind of a hard deal to make the child to read at least something! :( but the eagerness I have about it is pretty huge and therefore, I am sincerely interested in making him to read books.. but if to bo honest, and look back at the childhood I had - I am not able to tell that when I was like eight years old I liked reading. o wy, I did not read the single book except for the homework, you know what I mean, but suddenly it happened - the first book and I was fully into this interesting occupation.

Leslie

Postby Leslie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 am

I am happy to greet each of you here today 8-) :lol: maybe something new did happen in your life?? I will be waiting for yours answers guys))) I also think that the method of Adam is great. It would be effectively that Children love shopping, so choose books together. A person tends to continue to do what, which in the end, leads him to satisfaction. Propose to the child two or three privileges that he would obtain further, if every day he reads read the agreed amount of text.so in any case guys you should not all time to instill the child to read try to share his opinion in it

Greg

Postby Greg » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Damien you know, you are right that it would be good to visit together a library or bookstore, watch what his interest is and what repels. Perhaps some of his prejudices will disappear. You can also propose a child an unusual kind of book. It may be, for example, a book with «voluminous» illustrations when the carved image «stands up" from the pages of a boo..Really it sounds not bad to my mind. And also I think that we as parents in any case should insist on reading books ..becauseI in this case your child will hate you and reading. Try to do it interesting. Read together

Kris5

Postby Kris5 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:07 pm

i think that it is really very hard to make the child love reading and i think that you know what i am talking about, ofcourse life is life but you know if you try your best then i think that you will succeed in it but first of all you shall understand that if your child does not like reading at all and he would not do it then i think that it would not happen in any time, but you shall understand that it is not the most important thing in life, just think about it.i think that you understand what i am talking about and of course you know that, that is what i think about it thank you for your attention.

Stewart

Postby Stewart » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:57 am

good morning my dear friends!!!!what plans do you have for this day? I think that first of all u should show by your own example that reading is good. When the kid sees you are absorbed in reading so he or she will be interested in it too. That's for sure believe me. Also I am sure that it is important to try to find a genre that will appeal to your child. Fairy tales and humorous stories, exotic adventures and stories about the same age as, let him choose what he is interested in reading. So everything is possible guys

Adam31

Postby Adam31 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 pm

If you want to make your child to read something without your child's agreement, than don't even try to do that, I think that your child would read the story, or a book you wanted him to read, but at the same time he would hate reading. If you want your child to love to read different books, than you should show it on your own example and try to read your child as many stories as you can since his early childhood.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm

I think that this question is not very hard. If you would like to instill in your child a love of reading, than you would do that. Do you know, that our children try to copy our behaviour and our habbits till they become teenagers? So they copy us. If you want to instill a love of reading in your child, than you should show your child, that you love to read book.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 pm

You can create a home environment that will beckon your child into the wonderful world of literature. Books and the characters in literature play a massive role in school, college and life, and can also lead to interest in pursuing a professional career if the interest is high. Reading is a lifelong hobby and can help build the imagination, vocabulary and education of your child. Start early. Teaching your child to read can start in the womb. Let the fetus listen to Western Classical music by placing headphones against your tummy - Classical Symphonies have a highly beneficial effect on the forming mind. Read to the kid before and after birth as much as possible. Try to avoid baby talk. Talk to him or her as you would to any older child or adult. Give the growing little one ABC building blocks, and enact children's stories and simplified Shakespeare stories for them in a way that excites their imagination. Give books as presents. Books are ideal gifts for birthdays, holidays, Christmas, traveling, as rewards, etc. Many books that are given for a special occasion or reason will become a special memory and will be long treasured. Write a loving message in the front so that the memento is well remembered.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:28 am

Reading sources such as magazines, newspapers, etc., are another way to interest your child in reading. Invest in subscriptions to magazines that you enjoy and with content suitable for a child. If your child sees you reading different media, they may get an interest in such varied topics as fashion, current events, sports, animals, films, etc. Newspapers are great to teach both you and your child about the real world. Read these at the breakfast table or after work in a comfortable setting minus the blaring TV. This sets an example to your child about what people do to learn and relax at once. Newspapers are something your child recognize as a source on what is happening outside of your family circle.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 pm

In this day and age, many people do not read for pleasure. There are many reasons for this. Some may believe that reading takes too much time or effort. Others may never have enjoyed reading at school and can’t imagine doing it for fun. Some may simply never have encountered an environment that fostered a love of reading. However, reading can greatly enhance your life experience, and there are ways to make it even more enjoyable, whether you do it frequently or just for school or work assignments. People read for a wide variety of reasons. Before you pick up a book, consider what you want to get out of reading. Some people like reading books that teach them new skills, from computer programming languages to skills for hunting or camping.

Return to “Fathers’ section”