How to instill in children a love of reading?

Tompson

How to instill in children a love of reading?

Postby Tompson » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Today's children do not like to read, and that's a fact. They replace the reading by computer games, television or friends. But reading is important at any age. There are various books that teach us good, empathy, understanding, love, etc. Therefore, they are so important to read. But what to do if a child refuses to read? How to instill in him a love of reading?

Easton

Re: How to instill in children a love of reading?

Postby Easton » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 pm

i think that it is the fault of the parents that their child does not like reading. they did not teach him that he shall read a lot and that is why for the child it is easier to watch the film than read the book and it is the fact.i know a lot of children who enjoy reading very much and they even do it without their parents insisting on them and i think that it is right. their parents just did not let them watch tv or use internet and they do not what it is like to spend time doing the other things. it is their hobby and i ma sure that all parents shall use this method of raising children. and you will see the difference. :!: :!: :!:

Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:36 pm

If the child is still small, and for you it is a theme seems to be something distant and irrelevant - it's time to act. Be guided by the principle of "books and reading everywhere" Give your child the opportunity to freely play with books, chew on them, draw them (at this age is so manifest and develops the love of books, forget about caring for - all this later), to build one house and garages for cars and even swim with them (buy special waterproof books). Read for yourself. If a child sees a parent every day for three hours sitting with a bottle of beer in front of TV, it is not difficult to imagine how it will relate to notations on the benefits of reading. Most children (especially teenagers) do not like to read because of the fact that their parents have chosen that they read and this choice they are not interested in. Not least because it is not their personal choice. Children love shopping, so choose books together. A person tends to continue to do what, which in the end, leads him to satisfaction. Propose to the child two or three privileges that he would obtain further, if every day he reads read the agreed amount of text.

Damien

Postby Damien » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Try to find a genre that will appeal to your child. Fairy tales and humorous stories, exotic adventures and stories about the same age as, let him choose what he is interested in reading. The ability to make an independent choice, express their individuality will be pleasant to the child, and will connect to his reading with freedom, not coercion. Visit together a library or bookstore, watch what his interest is and what repels. Perhaps some of his prejudices will disappear. You can also propose a child an unusual kind of book. It may be, for example, a book with «voluminous» illustrations (when the carved image «stands up" from the pages of a book. Propose to a child best-selling book or a book on the famous film - also an option. This book can discuss with your friends, and it's important for the child. In addition, it is usually sold coloring books or soft toys; it is also attractive to him.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Teach your child to compose stories and do it with him. Interest in invented worlds underlies the need to read thick books in the future. Recounting the old tales in a new way, attributing the heroes of incredible things, you build up a child's imagination. Children with the development of creative imagination will be looking for a more sophisticated and amusing stories than can come up with themselves or with their parents. They pulled to the books. Pretend play based on the famous book stories. Children interested in the relationship between people, unusual characters, and as soon as it is time to role-playing games, they are happy to plunge into their worlds. With 4-5 years "reading unit" becomes an event, an action that has occurred with two or more characters. You could say they are beginning to assimilate the art of dialogue and make another important step towards the formation of scene thinking.

Matthew Foster

Postby Matthew Foster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Yeh, you should instill in person a love of reading from his very childhood. You have to do in such way, so that your child is interested in it. Choose books where there are stories, which he likes, where there are a lot of pictures. Children are interested in everything colourful. I wish you to manage to instill in your child a love of reading.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Firstly, for the child you want to create a certain environment. To a child loved to read, parents should show their example. If he will see this from early childhood reading a book would be normal. You can start a certain habit, a ritual for him - family reading when the whole family gathers and one person reads and the rest listen. Send a child to the children's library. Library - a very special world, a special atmosphere. The child sees a lot of books, he has the opportunity to choose, and the choice of increasing interest. The fact that he chose, he tries to read. Error of parents - to impose some kind of product or range of reading, ignoring the wishes of the child. Listen to the wishes and interests of the child what he wants to read, that he is interested in? Use the child's interests, to find it relevant literature.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Firstly you have to begin instilling in your child a love of reading from his very childhood. Even when he is a baby you should read him books. Then when he is growing up you should buy different interesting and colorful books in order your child begin to be interested in it. You have to learn him reading and do it not a boring task.

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:08 pm

I agree that parents should instill in their children a love of reading ;) ;) :) :idea: It is a nice way to educate your kid from their very childhood. They will become more intellegent and will develop very fast. I think you should firstly read any books your child from his very birth, then you should learn him reading, but do not make this process too boring, so that a child is interested in reading.

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

nowadays, our kids are more techno ike you know... :) and it is a pity o the one hand, cause i do remember all those days, when i spent evenings with fantASTIC novels and felt myself ike a character in one of them. :D :D If you want your kid to be more in the reading, then you have to buy him perhaps the novels which are nowadays screened and he is fond of the screen versions. it is one of the ways, i guess.

Return to “Fathers’ section”