How to instill in children a love of reading?

Williams

Re: How to instill in children a love of reading?

Postby Williams » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:04 pm

yes i really understand that sometimes it may be really very hard to make your child read books but i think as a good parent you would do it very easy. first of all you have to choose the right books for it i think that children do not like reading because parents choose not interesting books for them ad parents want them to read too much. it is not right and i am sure that you shall not do it. i hope that you actually would not do it. let your child choose books on his own and let him chose the amount of read pages on his own as well. but you have to explain to him that it is very important to read a lot. that is it.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Firstly, I guess you should beging to instill a love of reading, when your child is only a baby, you see ;) ;) ;) You should read him any fairytails before sleeping time :!: :!: :!: When your child gets older, you should learn him reading, find some interesting and exciting books with pictures and spend a lot of time reading with him and make him read ;) ;) ;)

JohnBrown

Postby JohnBrown » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Reading help us broaden our mind,Instilling a love of reading in your child is one of the best gifts you can give them in their life. Here are some simple ways to instill in children a love of reading.You can read to them books with expression and in different voices. Always buy books where their name appears. This is a fabulous technique for encouraging reluctant readers!

Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:21 pm

i am sure that if you do want your kid to develop himself intellectually with the reading of the books, first you need to teach him how to read)) Ok - that is pretty obvious) Speaking seriously - you need to make him to love books since a really small age. and it is really easy to do - just read him the fairy tales before going to bed! He will see the book you are holding in your hands, he will be interested with the story that you are telling him - and it will be quite natural that he is going to show the interest in the book itself. That is the way I was taught to read, by the way - and why i do love books!

JohnDow

Postby JohnDow » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:34 am

We have been talking about importance of reading among adults a lot already. But it is also very important to instill in children a love of reading. Agree with the author :) Take a field trip. ;) Visit your local library, a university library or a bookstore. It's not about checking out or buying books - it's about being surrounded by thousands of books, touching their gorgeous pages, seeing the world of possibility in print, salivating over what there is to know and explore. In my family, we often take weekend trips to explore different bookstores in the area. And i should say it really helps :!: :)

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Of course, all parents should instill in their children a love of reading in order they become educated and intellegent people. Sometimes it iis pretty difficult to make your child read, but sometimes it is pretty easy, you see ;) ;) ;) :o :shock: I guess it depends on children's charachter. But parents should also choose a right and interesting book for their child.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:01 pm

i think that it may be ver hard, but i do not think that you shall make the child read books from the childhood, because you may make the trauma to the child and just spoil his childhood, i do not think that you want it. but when you see that your child has some interest to the books , i do not mean that the child is interested in the txt, but he is interested in the pictures, you shall choose the books for him according to the age and then i think that everything would be alright and you would not have any difficulties with it. you just have to make your child understand that reading is good and interesting that is it.

Ken1

Postby Ken1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:20 pm

they did not teach him that he shall read a lot and that is why for the child it is easier to watch the film than read the book and it is the fact.i know a lot of children who enjoy reading very much and they even do it without their parents insisting on them and i think that it is right.
their parents just did not let them watch tv or use internet and they do not what it is like to spend time doing the other things. it is their hobby and i ma sure that all parents shall use this method of raising children. and you will see the difference.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:45 pm

I guess that reading a book for your children before their sleeping is a really nice idea :shock: :shock: :shock: It will certainly keep them calm and in such way you can begin instillingin your children love of reading. It is a really nice method, as you can do it even when your children are not able to read, as they are too little :shock: :shock:

JinHo

Postby JinHo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Teach your child to protect and love their books! It is important to teach the child the book from the very first days of life. Reading is not just fun, it's freedom of choice. Freedom to choose what to read yourself, without teachers, without parents. Reading is a private matter of each child. The books ascribed many virtues which they do possess. But there are many other ways to explore the world and develop their imagination: play, music, painting or movie... :)

Return to “Fathers’ section”