Does your kid have the nightmares?

DavidSt

Re: Does your kid have the nightmares?

Postby DavidSt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:23 am

At night a baby can scream on different couses. It doesn't mean that she can have nightmares. She may scream because something can bother her at night, for example it can be a sore throat. But if it is for several days, than I think that you should recommend your neighbours to go to a doctor, because I think it can be a real problem.

Adam31

Postby Adam31 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Well, I think that a lot of children have nightmares. And if a child has nightmares, than something is wrong. I think that it is quite a common thing, but if child has nightmares when she's three years old, perhaps I'm wrong, but there can be a serious problem with the child, or some problems in the family. One way or another, but parents should have a consultation with a psycologist.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Well, I think that your neighbours have a very serious problem. I don't think that it is normal that such a little girl have such nightmares. When a person have nightmares, than there is something wrong in their lifes and they affraid something very much. I think that you should recommend your neighbours to go to the psycologist.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Are your children having trouble sleeping? Having nightmares can be scary and even traumatic for children. Especially when they are younger, they might be unable to explain the content of their dreams. Seek to listen to your child’s concerns and help them learn coping skills. Take a bath. Having your child take a bath before sleeping will help her body to unwind. The warm water also makes your child’s temperature rise artificially. The contrast between her bathtime temperature and the temperature of the room can help induce sleep. Create a cozy sleeping atmosphere. Make sure your child has enough blankets and pillows to feel warm, protected, and comfortable. Help your child connect with a security object. Whether a blanket or a stuffed animal, having an object that makes your child feel safe is important. If she can cling to her object when she wakes, she can calm herself. Aim for something soft and preferably washable. Read happy stories. Before your child goes to sleep, read a few children’s books. This will help her become calm.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:27 am

Create a cozy sleeping atmosphere. Make sure your child has enough blankets and pillows to feel warm, protected, and comfortable. Close the windows and curtains if possible. While having her favorite stuffed animal nearby is great, avoid crowding her bed with too many toys. She could feel a less familiar one in the night and become scared. Help your child connect with a security object. Whether a blanket or a stuffed animal, having an object that makes your child feel safe is important. If she can cling to her object when she wakes, she can calm herself. Aim for something soft and preferably washable. Read happy stories. Before your child goes to sleep, read a few children’s books. This will help her become calm. Avoid any graphic or scary stories that might upset her. Also, avoid scary TV programming. Focus on creating a mood of happiness prior to sleep. Help your child fall back to sleep. Walk or carry her back to her room. It is best if she can fall back to sleep in her own bed. Give your child her security object. Although you can stay with her for a little while, it is best for her to fall asleep without your presence. She needs to learn to cope.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Read happy stories. Before your child goes to sleep, read a few children’s books. This will help her become calm. Avoid any graphic or scary stories that might upset her. Also, avoid scary TV programming. Focus on creating a mood of happiness prior to sleep. Say prayers or wishes. If you are religious, have your child say her prayers before sleeping. She can express any concerns she might have and ask for good dreams. This is also a good time to find out what is troubling your child. If you are not religious, consider having your child make wishes. For example, she could wish for sweet dreams or a fun day in art class tomorrow.

George86

Postby George86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am

Hi boys. I am happy to write here. I think that it is important to discuss such themes, I mean interesting themes. I also heard somewhere that the most common cause of nightmares is the feverish reaction. If the child is healthy, the causes of nightmares can be intense (this age) of intellectual activity, high psycho-emotional stress; overwork the brain and subconscious produces a reaction in the form of a nightmarish sleep. You as a parent should take care about your baby's regime for example, eating habits, cause it can be the reason of nightmares

Orlando

Postby Orlando » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 am

Their son just can not sleep calmly. He screams at night, he shakes with all his body, trembles during all the night, he even can walk around the house at night.
It just terrified them. They took him to the psycologist and he found out the problem. My sister and her husband lived a very hard piece of their life. Her husband cheated on her and they fought a lot and always have trust issues, they quarrel all the time. And my nephew observes everything what happens in his house and it causes stress, he can not sleep well, he is afraid that his parents will break up and they will live apart. But now everything is alright and nighmares have stopped.

Ford

Postby Ford » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

One of the guys here suggested to create a "good mood" before the sleep. It would be a great idea to read her a good fairy tale - or to watch some cool cartoon, that would make her laugh..
Shrek, for example, or the Zootopia - those are my personal favourites) Perhaps it will take some time to overcome that, but eventually, if she will have lot of positive emotions during the day, sooner or later they are going to replace all the negative ones in her subconsciousness - and the problem will be solved.

Return to “Fathers’ section”