The child refuses to sleep during the day

Kevin

The child refuses to sleep during the day

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm

My daughter is 3 years. She refuses to sleep during the day now. More precisely some days she is sleeping well, and sometimes we have problems with sleeping. But I see that she gets tired during the day. In the evening, after a bath and dinner, she just falls asleep. But in a daytime she sleeps only on my hands, if I put her in the crib, then 15-30 minutes later she wakes up. I know that daytime sleep is important for children. How much time should children sleep during the day and what should I do in order to make my daughter sleep?

Adam

Re: The child refuses to sleep during the day

Postby Adam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:59 pm

If your child does not fall asleep during the day, an account the time at which you start to style it. The optimal time for the start of daytime sleep 8-30 / 9 and 12-30 / 13 days. At the same time it is important that the morning rise was no later than 7 am to pipsqueak had time to accumulate the necessary degree of fatigue to the point where his body will automatically start to go into hibernation mode. If the child is not yet 6 months - consider the optimal duration of wakefulness, to prevent the state of fatigue, which greatly interfere with sleep, even in the best hours. Make sure that you have formed a consistent and constant ritual including the process of natural sleep.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 am

I think you should bat "make" your daughter sleep. the organism is quite capable to control its regime, it knows much better, when it needs to have a nap. There is another situation, when you see that the kid becomes weak, starts to loose weight, sluggish. Then it would be a point in assuming that there are some problems with the sleep - the kid lacks it. then it is better to go to doctor. But if there are no symptoms of that kind - there is no point to bother yourself. All the people have slightly different level of the necessity in regards of sleep. If your daughter does not want to sleep in the daytime and she is feeling ok with that - then let it be so.

Howard Freeman

Postby Howard Freeman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:38 pm

I also know that sleeping during the day is very important for children and their health. But some children do not like sleep in the afternoon. You are not the only parent who has such problem. All children are different, they have different needs and not every child wants to sleep during the day. Fortunately, my son likes sleeping and we do not worry about this problem.

Damien

Postby Damien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 pm

One of the most popular ways to put the child into bed during the day - is rocking the baby in your arms, in a cot or crib. This method is ideal for very young children, because it reminds them of a wonderful time – when they were in their mother’s tummy. A lot of parents still practice co-sleeping with their babies.

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm

if your kid is still a baby, then you'd better make him sleep, cause as far as i know the day sleep is an important thing in their life :D Kids are more active than we, so generally they do have to do all this. They have to have an hour or two hour sleep during the day. so try to make him go to bed. tell him some imeginarry story, make him interested in the daydream.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Bedtime - it is a good time to strengthen the emotional closeness with your child. Let it be enjoyable for both of you. Read a book kid, sing him a lullaby, and make a gentle massage, talking in a low, calm voice. If the child is very emotional and agile, use short and simple phrase before bedtime, such as "go to sleep". Perhaps it will have to be repeated several times, but do it quietly, repeating a neutral tone, without angriness. Give your child a toy "for the good dreams." For children it is often difficult to tear themselves away from their favorite games or watching TV, when parents begin to talk about the time to sleep. Therefore, you can use the so-called "sleeping rituals."

Mike Liner

Postby Mike Liner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:32 pm

I do not you nervous and be disappointed, but I guess your child has some problems with her health :o :( :( I think you should better visit a doctor, so that be sure your daughter do not have any serious problems with her health and find out the reason why she refuses to sleep during the day :!: :!: Children are also different, so maybe it is just a part of her charachter.

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Normally, a child 3 years old should sleep 12-14 hours a day. In an ideal night's sleep it lasts about ten hours and thus the day - two or three hours. However, if your baby falls early and likes to sleep late in the morning, it is not surprising that during the day it is difficult to lay. More than nature intended not you must lie. If for you it is important that the child slept during the day, then you have to control the time of his night's sleep, and wake up the baby at the time. If the child does not fall asleep during the day, most likely something causing him discomforts. Maybe the room is too hot or stuffy - is best suited to sleep well ventilated cool (18-20 ° C) room. Also, the baby may interfere with the bright sunlight and noise. And of course, even a tired child will be the last effort to resist sleep, if the parents are watching an interesting movie or receive visitors. Perhaps the child just is not ready to sleep - did not have time to get tired. Therefore, any active and noisy games before bedtime are prohibited.

Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:50 pm

When I was a kid - i never slept during the day time, even when I was still a baby. My parents were really concerned about that, they even consulted the doctors on this matter. And now I am a normal person, without any flaws in my physical or mental and intellectual development. So as you see I can show you by my own example that it is quite ok, if the kid does not want to sleep during the day time. Give your kid a break, won't you?:) The organism knows when it is time to sleep and when it is time to be awake much better, then you do, trust me) It is the same as if you would teach your child, how to breathe)

Return to “Fathers’ section”