The child refuses to sleep during the day

Adam31

Re: The child refuses to sleep during the day

Postby Adam31 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Your situation is very familiar for me. My child also doesn't want to sleep during the day. Of course, sometimes he can go to sleep during the day, but it is very rarely. And if she sleeps during the day, than I can't make her o go to bed at night for several hours. Don't make you child to sleep, or just consult with a doctor about this question.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm

You know, I've got the same problem. My child also refuses to sleep during the day. But when I try to remember my childhood, I remember that I also didn't sleep during the day in the kindergarten, I just was lieing in the bed and was waiting when the nanny would come to wake us up. So I don't think that it is a problem.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Trying to get your child to go to sleep and stay asleep can be a challenge. Children often dislike bedtime, as they want to stay up and have fun; however, sleep is vital to your child's health and well-being. Make a sleep schedule and stick to it. A relaxing bedtime routine can help your child fall asleep faster. Remove anything from a child's bedroom that may be stimulating, such as toys or bright lights. If there are any underlying issues at play, such as anxiety or a medical ailment, talk to a doctor or therapist.
Select a bedtime based on your child's needs. You want to make sure your child gets an appropriate amount of sleep for their age. Know how much sleep your child needs. Then, select a bedtime that allows your child to get an adequate amount of sleep each night. Dim the lights when bedtime gets close. Bright lights can disrupt the natural circadian rhythm. This rhythm acts as your internal clock. It regulates your physiological process that tells your body when to sleep, eat, and awake. Instead of adapting to regular day/night schedules, our brains end up stimulated all the time in the presence of artificial light. To encourage a child to begin winding down, dim the lights as bedtime approaches. Find ways to help your child relax. Children, like adults, feel stress throughout the day. School and a social life can leave a child feeling wound up by bedtime. Find a relaxing bedtime ritual that will help your child settle down in preparation for sleep.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:32 am

Select a bedtime based on your child's needs. You want to make sure your child gets an appropriate amount of sleep for their age. Know how much sleep your child needs. Then, select a bedtime that allows your child to get an adequate amount of sleep each night. Find ways to help your child relax. Children, like adults, feel stress throughout the day. School and a social life can leave a child feeling wound up by bedtime. Find a relaxing bedtime ritual that will help your child settle down in preparation for sleep. Make sure the bedroom is comfortable. A cozy bedroom is important for sleep. If your child is uncomfortable in their bedroom, they're unlikely to nod off easily. Make any adjustments necessary to provide your child with a good sleeping environment.

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

You know, if to be honest, I have the same problem, my chield doesn't want to sleep during the day, though she can be very tired. And of course, I try to make her sleep but usually it is not so easy. Very often she don't sleep durinf a day and very often she has a very bad mood because of that.

George86

Postby George86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 am

How are you going to spend this day? Is everything okey with you? I also think that it is good idea to make a sleep schedule and stick to it. A relaxing bedtime routine can help your child fall asleep faster. Remove anything from a child's bedroom that may be stimulating, such as toys or bright lights. If there are any underlying issues at play, such as anxiety or a medical ailment, talk to a doctor or therapist. All in all to select a bedtime based on your child's needs. Your baby should get tired during the day to have a good daily sleep for example.

Return to “Fathers’ section”