computer games: pros and cons

JohnBrown

computer games: pros and cons

Postby JohnBrown » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Everyone likes to play a video game now and then. Whether it is for entertainment or to just blow off some steam, everyone enjoys it. It can be a great excuse for friends to hang out with each other, and for some other people, it can even be the career of their dreams. how do you think, do video games have advantages or disadvantages only? i think playing video games has both pros and cons. I will start with its positive effect. So playing video games helps improving coordination, promotes puzzle polving skills and logical thinking, increases social interaction... please continue with your pros and cons.. feel free to express your point of view ;) ;) ;)

Damien

Re: computer games: pros and cons

Postby Damien » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 am

The process of playing computer games children develops cognitive skills. Plus, many popular games require a high level of abstract thinking skills. In order to achieve the goal of the game, the child acquires skills that cannot get from the teachers in the school. For example, the player must follow the instructions to solve complex problems and use logic in many of today's advanced games. This experience will be helpful for the child, teach him to do the mature conclusions, make responsible decisions and acquire knowledge not available from other sources. This is a definite plus of course computer games. However, there is also the problem of the influence on children of computer games, many of which are associated with violence, and provide examples of antisocial behavior. The problem is that in many games the children are rewarded for being more violent methods commit acts of aggression and violence is repeated over and over again.

Jeffrey Wilson

Postby Jeffrey Wilson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:58 pm

I am totally against computer games especially for children. These times there is a lot of violence and cruelty in computer games. Children only kill and bite characters and cut rivals' heads. If is it okay? No, for sure! I liked a childhood whn i was growing up we were growing up outside communicating with children and it was the best childhood ever!

Tompson

Postby Tompson » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 am

Computer games can harm a child if: give them too much time; the theme of the game is inappropriate for children. To protect your child from the negative influence of games, and only get the benefit, you need to check them and to limit the time spent at the computer. Now about the pros. It is not surprising as it sounds, but the scientists were able to prove that the vision of people playing a lot better. In addition, people are able to play at the same time follow the five objects. By the way, the average person can watch at the same time only three. Also improved visual processing speed. Some games are ideal for improving memory. They may have different gameplay mechanics, but the main task - to repeat what he saw or heard. A large variety of games will allow each time to put a new task to the child.

Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:17 am

In general, computer games give a person the opportunity to benefit from them in accordance with their capabilities and abilities. In addition, these games provide an opportunity to display a person's ability, creativity and talent. Computer games make a person independent and able to make decisions quickly, as the game decisions instantly. This contributes to the fact that a person strengthens the power of their thoughts and decisions. The group of computer games, a person adjusts to the appropriate environment, i.e., forced to comply with certain rules. Consequently, a person develops the ability of cooperation and friendship. At the same time in these games one gets many social skills. Computer games are also the appropriate means to help children and adolescents suffering from cerebral palsy or those who cannot distinguish the words. Therefore, if the parents picked up the game properly and limit the time for the games, the harm from them will not occur.

JohnDow

Postby JohnDow » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:05 am

Not all the computer games are good for kids. Make sure that your child is not playing any cruel game with murders and so on :| :? Try to find educational game which will teach him to solve problems. The potential of games as a teaching and learning tool is an evident opportunity. Video games do not have to be "educational" to help children and adults to develop some problem-solving skills. A variety of studies have shown that playing video games help exercising some mental abilities. They often face also puzzles and problems which become gradually tougher during games, helping the player to understand the logic behind these problems and learn how to solve them. :D

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Maybe I agree tht computer games have even some positive sides, which you have named ;) ;) But on the whole I think that they influence people in a really bad way, you see :( :( :( Firstly, people who play computer games are addicted to them, and it becomes really hard to reduce screen time for them. And in such way people cause harm for themselves.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:59 pm

i do not think that they really have some benefits. of course maybe i do not understand about which computer games you are talking about but i do not think that they may be really beneficial and they do not have any benefits that is for sure. i think that computer games only spoil the child and do not teach him anything your child is constantly in front of the screen what is very bad for his eyesight, he does not communicate with other children because he is always playing his games and he does jot want to spend time with the parents because he plays his stupid games. if you do not want such situation then i think that you shall not let him do it.

JinHo

Postby JinHo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Many believe that the fascination with computer games carries a number of risks. The child can spend too much time instead to reading books, doing homework, or walking in the fresh air while playing on the computer. Thus, the computer displaces other necessary things in his life. we al have to realize that long sitting at the computer leads to the fact that children are overworked, irritated, nervousness, or Vvce versa lethargy. May even appear health problems. But computer games can benefit and become an assistant in the development of the child a number of necessary and useful skills. We are talking about educational games. There are many good educational games that can help in speech development of the child!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by JinHo on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello friends here!! How are you doing today?? I hope you have nice mood today :))So I also would like to say that all children is special and unique! And everyone likes to spend their time in front of the screen of the computer. And we as parents as usual permit them to play in any games, and even don't pay attention to in what game he or she plays. We permit our children to play in computer games. But we don't even guess that it can have bad, very bad influence on our children. But in the other case, it depends from the type of game, some of them can develop children's logic or something like this or another kind of computer games can only destroyed their physic.

Return to “Fathers’ section”