How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Kevin

How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Postby Kevin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Every child loves to mess around in the sand, stroking cats and dogs, bring home from the street various items. It is clear that after such a study the hands of your child cannot be clean, so the main task of the parents - to teach the child to wash them. How to do it? Is it enough to have a simple talk with a child? How do you teach a child to wash his hands?

Damien

Re: How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Postby Damien » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 pm

In fact, to begin to teach your baby to wash his hands reasonable since infancy. Of course, it will be a simple water treatment, which pays special attention to wash palms, to a pipsqueak get used to this feeling. Then, when the child begins to walk, you can go to the bathroom and wash your hands in the sink together. If he resists during the process, and distract him a little play with soap bubbles, developing positive associations. The baby is 3 years old enough for the first self hand washing. And to 4 years such useful habit can easily become permanent. But do not be alarmed if your baby is older than 4 years, and it still has not happened. Select another year for "education and training".

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 pm

Of course, every child loves to mess around in the sand, stroking cats and dogs, bring home from the street various items. It is clear that after such a study the hands of your child cannot be clean, so the main task of the parents - to teach the child to wash them. The easiest way to learn your child doing this is firstly to help him wash his hands, and soon he will use to do this.

JamesO

Postby JamesO » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:57 am

This may seem devoid of common sense for the older children, but small children do not know why hand washing is so important. Your job is to teach them that hand washing prevents the spread of bacteria, and that to eat a sandwich with dirty hands unhygienic. Explain to your child why he should wash his hands. Tell him about the rules of hygiene. Although there are times when you do not wash your hands excusable, but in most cases this procedure is required. Show your child how to wash his hands. Wet your hands with water, take the soap and lather hands. Show how to lather hands, let him repeat the movement for you. Then rinse them with water. If a child gets bad to sink, use the chair. It is easy to pat with a towel, so as not to damage the skin. Show your children by example. Let your children see that you wash your hands often, and they have always clean. Remind them about hand washing, when they forget. Teach them to wash their hands before eating, after handling animals, after the street, after using the toilet, and so on, until they get used and will wash their hands regularly themselves. Over time, you may need to teach a child to wash hands outside the home (restaurants, shopping centers, etc.) devices, such as valves that need to be strongly pressed to go water, use paper towels and hand dryers, which creates a lot of noise . If the child is small, do not teach him to open the faucet with hot water so that it is not burned. Let uses only cold water when you are not around. Be prepared to spill water on the floor.

JinHo

Postby JinHo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 am

Hi all! I think the baby is our happiness! You just need to choose the right approach to the child! You need to tell the children why it is important to wash hands correctly! :D If you teach a child to regularly and properly wash their hands, then he himself will be a need to wash them when you are not around, for example in the garden. ;) You can ask to wash the rubber toys with soap and water! :) You can go with the baby to the store, let him choose soap and a beautiful towel with a beautiful pattern! The child has to be willing to wash their hands!

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 pm

i do not think that it is really needed to teach the child to do it, i think that you will not be able to do it. i think that you just shall make the child from the childhood do it and then everything would be alright. of corse i know that maybe it is not the est way to do it but the child will get used to the fact that he has to wash his hands and will not even think about it. i think that it is really working. in any case it is your choice and you shall decide it on your own, but my advice is really working. i do no think that the small, child will understand the importance of doing it but still it is up to you. wish you good luck.

Nick

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello friends!!I think that for teaching our children to wash their hands,we need to use a method of game!!For example,kids like very much when they have something special. Get special soap which only the child will use. Go to shop together with the kid and turn purchase into the whole event! Suggest the baby to decorate independently a container for soap: for example, stickers, paints, bows – the benefit, the choice of all these are huge now. You should teach the child by own example and follow rules of washing of hands. For example, the father who came from work should remember that at first it is necessary to wash up hands, and only then to embrace the beloved child and to distribute gifts.We should make skills of hygiene self-evident, and they will become such and for your child.

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi :geek: If you want that your child wash hands in time and with pleasure, all process shall be the most convenient for it. First of all, take care of the correct soap. For kids of preschool age lumpy soap will become not the best choice. It big and often slips out hands. Ideal option is liquid soap in packaging with the lever which is easily giving in to pressing. At the same time don't experiment with the flavored soap that the baby had no temptation to taste it because of a pleasant smell.Allocate to the child its own towel for a wipe of hands and it is necessary that it should be soft, the small size and an interesting coloring. Also attach a hook for a towel at the level of children's hands. 8-)

Ray00

Postby Ray00 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 am

i do not think that you necessarily shall teach your child do it, it is really very funny bu i think that you shall just help him to get used to it and the he will not have any questions why he shall do it and i think that you understand it very very good. in any case you shall make your child do it if he does not want to do it , i think that you have already understood why. i know because i also used to ahve this problme and thta is why i ahve some experienced in it. in any case be strict about it, the child shall understand that it is an obligation for him to do it. i wish you good luck and i hope that my tip will help you.

PatrikMilleur

Postby PatrikMilleur » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:07 am

Hi guys! This is an interesting topic! I have two beautiful and smart child! ;) :) ;) :) ;) Suggest to turn this into an exciting game! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Get a special soap that will benefit only the child. Go to the store with the baby and turn the purchase into an event! To offer the child to decorate the container for soap: for example, stickers, paints, ribbons. I buy special baby soap in the form of animals! Turn hand washing into a game! ;) ;) ;)

Return to “Fathers’ section”