How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Nicolaus

Re: How to teach a child to wash his hands?

Postby Nicolaus » Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm

if you show it for several times and the child gets used tot he fact that he shall wash his hands then i think that it would not be a problem for you and your child, i think that you would be able to overcome this problem for easy and that is why you shall not worry about it too much, but in general yes i know that children forget about it very often and sometimes they do not want to do it, but with the time they will just remember it and everything would be perfect, that is what i can tell you about it, i know it from my own experience and that is why i can help you with it. thank you for your attention

GeorgeH

Postby GeorgeH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Well, surely, it is often interesting to hear the sound of the pouring water in the bathroom after your kid is going out of the toilet, but what else is interesting here, is that we all have the ability to see whether it will be important to have the chance of getting rid of the fixed idea to teach the baby how to wash hands properly and how often you have to do so (by the way, not every adult person knows how properly to wash hands..) :roll: if you are also interested in all of it, I highly recommend you to have the look at all possible opportunities...Just show him the REAL example of yourself and husband...it will work!

Stewart

Postby Stewart » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 am

I am happy to be here with all of you dear friends. How are you going to spend this day? Own example is important!!!! I said it too much time. It is true that you can tell him about the rules of hygiene. Although there are times when you do not wash your hands excusable, but in most cases this procedure is required. Try to show your child how to wash his hands. Wet your hands with water, take the soap and lather hands. Then to show how to lather hands, let him repeat the movement for you. I remember that in my childhood my parents made me afraid of bakterias that could be on my if I didn't wash my hands

Jack100

Postby Jack100 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 pm

To teach a child to wash his hands is not an easy task. If you want to do it, then you should help your child to wash his hands every time when you come home after the walk, and before taking a meal. I know that it isn't an easy task, but you should be very patient to teach your child to do that.

Din100

Postby Din100 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 am

If you want your child to teach something, then you should teach him that from his birth. For example, if you want to teach him to wash his hands, then you should start wahing his hands by yourself when your child is several month. Evry time your child have dirty hands you should wash them.

DavidSt

Postby DavidSt » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 pm

I don't think that you should do something special to teach your child to do that. If you want to teach him to do that, then you should show him how to do that on yourown example. Children follow us everything, if you didn't know. You should just wash your hands every time it is needed, and your child shoul see that. And he'll try to do the same, but never criticise your child.

Adam31

Postby Adam31 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:30 pm

You see our children are our reflections, and if you want to teach your child to wash his hands, than you should do it by yourself. If your child would see that you wash your hands evey time when they are dirty, your child would like to do the same thing. So it is not very difficult, I used this method in my own experience, and it really works.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Little children get to know the surrounding world through touching everything. So that's why their hands may be very durty during the play in the yard or in the park. So it is very necesary to teach a child to wash his hands. You shouldn't make your child to do that. I think the best way to teach your child to wash his hands is to show your child that you wash your hands after playing so your child would like to do the same. Our children try to copy everything we do. I teached my child to wash her hands when they become dirty. Though sometimes, when she has a bad mood she can refuse to wash her hands. But she is only two years and I think that we would manage it.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Hand washing is an important skill to learn. This skill is particularly important for children, as children often touch more objects throughout the day than adults--and many of these objects end up in a child’s mouth. Fortunately, teaching your child the basics of hand washing and setting a good example can work wonders for keeping your children and your home germ free. Place a stool in front of the sink. If the child cannot reach the sink by themselves, place a stool in front of the sink to facilitate regular hand-washing practices. Talk about germs and how they live on hands and surfaces. While children may not fully comprehend the concept of germs, explain (in simple terms) why washing your hands is so important. Include what germs are, how they can hurt you, and how hand washing gets rid of germs. Show your child how to press the soap pump. Demonstrate turning on the water. Wash your hands for 20-30 seconds alongside your child.

Sam35

Postby Sam35 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:22 am

The toddler stage of a child brings many changes that take the child from infancy to schooling age. During the toddler phase, children are verbalizing, communicating, and understanding more about themselves and the people in the world around them. And toddler-hood is the vital time for toilet training, learning to help put toys away, and learning to dress themselves, all vital skills for toddlers to know for the years ahead. Washing hands and practicing good hygiene are an important part of learning skills during this time.Assist your toddler to climb up onto the stool in front of the sink. Make sure that the stool is well-balanced and secured on the floor. If accessible, they may be able to reach the sink better on the side instead of the front.

Return to “Fathers’ section”